Back to WL was uneventful, and we are finally hungry after the huge brunch this morning. The weather isn't looking great so our plan for heading back to CG is up in the air. For now we grab some stuff from the lounge.

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

There was an assortment for dinner, I guess I didn't write down what we got. They had veggies and hummus, spanakopita, a shrimp and quinoa stew thingy, cheese and bread. Plus beverages, which we both had.

IMG_3023.jpg

All of the beers featured here were from the Pacific Northwest, to fit with the theme of the resort. I had the Rogue Dead Guy Ale, and Deb got one of the beers on tap. It was close to the end of the dinner service, so that soon closed and they got ready for cordials. I think we just wasted time in the lounge reading till it was fireworks time (I didn't write any notes for tonight for some reason). It was sort of on and off raining so we didn't want to haul it over to CG and have the fireworks delayed or something, or get wet standing out on the roof.

Once the cordials were set up we got some desserts and coffee which we made Irish.

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

The dessert as a deconstructed smore, and it was awesome. I had 2. The liquor was perfect to put in the cappuccinos.

They had some cookie and cupcakes out as well.

IMG_3021.jpg

We enjoyed the view and relaxed.

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

It was a comfy set up. Eventually it was time for fireworks and we went out to the balcony with some other people enjoying the lounge. The music was fairly quiet, barely able to hear it, but it worked. The view was ok, not great because there is no view of the castle.

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3017.jpg

Still worth not having to leave the resort and fight with the crowds.

After HEA finished up we were beat. Off to bed for an early evening, which was fine after last nights late extravaganza.

Tomorrow is a fun treat for us. Our plan is to sleep in, go for a run, and then head to Typhoon Lagoon. Neither one of us had been to a water park since we were kids.

I'll cover it all in the next post!

Chapter Three: The Run, a New Experience, and the Concierge Comes Through!
Welcome back! I can hopefully get a little bit more done today. I also added some links to the table of contents to make this TR easier to navigate.

I forgot to post a picture of our turn down service last night. This is part of staying Club Level, and added a nice little touch to coming back to the room every night.

IMG_1881.jpg

In addition to this, the lights were dimmed, and the towels were replaced. We kept hanging them up so they wouldn't take them, but no matter what they always replaced the used towels. We couldn't keep up with the chocolates and ended up bring home a full bag of them.

Today's plans were pretty open as far as our whole day goes. Our plan was to get up and go for a run, then head to Typhoon Lagoon. We didn't have a dinner or our night time planned, we figured we'd just see what we were feeling up to.

We were up at 6:30 and ready for a run. This worked out well because it wasn't too hot and humid yet. So we made our way to the running trail at WL, and thought we'd do about a 30 minute run or so.

Off we went!

IMG_1882.jpg

We definitely weren't doing the full 2.5 miles. We get to Fort Wilderness and turn around. Deb stops to take some pictures.

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

I kept going, I didn't want to stop incase I couldn't get going again. So I got back to the bus stop a couple minutes before Deb. She insisted on another picture.

IMG_1888.jpg
Then we walked around the resort for a few minutes so that the lounge would have some breakfast ready by the time we got up there. I think they started serving at 7am.

Deb got a few good pictures of a pretty empty WL.

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

Then this guy was hanging out on a window on the 7th floor.

IMG_1897.jpg

We got back and showered quickly and were off to grab some breakfast at the Old Faithful Club (which is the lounge, guess I haven't put that in here yet). Here is a picture of the entrance.

IMG_1898.jpg
We grabbed some breakfast, nothing too big. They had an assortment of small muffins, cheese, cereals, and coffee. We also noticed this morning that our promised Fast Passes from yesterday had not shown up yet. So we figure when we get back we'll see the concierge.

We are all set to go by 9am. TL opens at 10 but we have to transfer at DS so we have no idea how long it will take. We jump on a bus to DS at 9:05, make the transfer and are at TL at 9:30.

IMG_1901.jpg

Not bad timing. We grab our tickets and a locker while we wait for it to open.

Continued next Post!

Our trip to Typhoon Lagoon was something that we were really looking forward to. I hadn't been to a Disney Waterpark since going to TL with my family when I was 11. Deb went to Blizzard Beach when she was a teenager. Every trip we debated going to a water park but with the kids still little it never made sense. When we decided to plan this trip I really pushed for a waterpark day.

So here we are! Got our locker for the day and took some pictures as we were waiting to get in.

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_412905605190.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

And a little closer!

IMG_1901.jpg

One thing which was a bummer was that we put our phones in the locker for the day so we don't have a lot of pictures. Our loose plan is to do all the water slides first starting with Crushin Gusher first, then moving our way around the park.

So we head straight there, and are able to get on all 3 with no wait. There is something special about each "coaster." For example Banana Blaster smells like bananas. They were awesome. from there we went to Miss Adventure Falls. It was a little bit of a wait maybe 10 minutes. Then we got in our tube, and it brings you to the top. This was the most annoying part of the day because CMs told everybody when they were loading that they HAD to hold the straps on the side. Well one of the tubes in front of us kept letting go, so they kept turning off the tube escalator that took us to the top. Once we were finally there it was a fun ride down.

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_8259054731.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_8259055117.jpg

Not a very long ride.

After this we went over to the storm slides. We did all three, pretty much no wait. Then we kept moving around the park and got on Gangplank Falls, which was a longer wait and like a 30 second tube ride. So not really worth it. From there we went on the last 2 tube slides, Mayday Fall and Keelhaul Falls. Both fun. With the slides out of the way we made our way to the Lazy River, but caught theses picture on the way.

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_412908187671.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_412908187673.jpg

Then we went on the Lazy River, we did 2 laps and then thought it was time for lunch. Food options at TL are ok, we decided on Leaning Palms. I got the Island Burger and Deb got the Black Bean Burger. Both are fine, it's quick service so we didn't expect much. After that we decided to do Crushin Gusher one more time.

This guy was out on the way over.

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_412909199490.jpg

Crushin Gusher was fun and the photopass photographer was out this time. So we got this beauty.

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_412909955000.jpg

From there we went to the wave pool and experienced the big waves a few time. It was tons of fun!

now that we had been through the whole park we had to figure out what to do. We decide to head to Disney Springs for a little and walk around, maybe grab a snack. We really wanted to get one of the bubble waffles but they don't open till after 4 and we left TL at 2:30.

Come back to see what happens next!

I love that you guys did a water park. Like you, I haven’t been since I was a kid. It looks so fun!!

Following along- better late than never ? Enjoying your TR and looking forward to reading more about your adventures

The lounge at WL looks great! I love your relaxing CL evening and brunch experience at CG! How fun to have a waterpark day....TL is the best. :) Did you ever get your fastpasses?

I love that you guys did a water park. Like you, I haven’t been since I was a kid. It looks so fun!!

It was really fun, we were really glad we did it.

Following along- better late than never ? Enjoying your TR and looking forward to reading more about your adventures

Thanks for reading!

The lounge at WL looks great! I love your relaxing CL evening and brunch experience at CG! How fun to have a waterpark day....TL is the best. :) Did you ever get your fastpasses?

CL relaxing was the best! We hadn't got them yet but we sure will soon.

Finally made it back and caught up! So far it looks like you guys had a great trip :goodvibes I would love to do HEA but so far they haven't offered it during any of our trips.

and bottomless mimosas!
This is one reason I want to do CG brunch :drinking1We did dinner there once and weren't impressed but the brunch looks delicious.

When you get off DME there is a concierge usually waiting for you, but since we were essentially unannounced we had to search for someone. We asked at the desk, and within minutes someone came down from the lounge. He apologized several times for making us wait, which was crazy because it's not like they knew we were coming. On up we went to the lounge to check in.
We stayed club at WL (my favorite resort) and it was the same, we checked out of Yacht Club so they didn't technically greet us but instead we waited for someone to come down from the lounge. I agree the view from up there is cool! And it's such a comfortable, "homey" feeling.

Joining in. Great report. AKL and WL are at the top of my resort "wish list". And club level looks fantastic. I hope one day I will be able to treat my wife and I with a stay at one (or both).

By the way, you seem to fit the qualifications of a DISDad...just sayin' :goodvibes

Thanks! I might have to try that Brunch!

Definitely do it!

Looks like you guys had a great time at TL!

Thanks we surely did!

Joining in. Great report. AKL and WL are at the top of my resort "wish list". And club level looks fantastic. I hope one day I will be able to treat my wife and I with a stay at one (or both).

By the way, you seem to fit the qualifications of a DISDad...just sayin' :goodvibes

HaHa thanks, not sure I know what those qualifications are. Both resorts were great. Out only thought about AKL was that it was time for a room refurb there. WL was awesome all the way around!

Welcome back as we keep Rolling Along!

We left Typhoon Lagoon after a great day. We left at 2:30 so it only really took us half a day to do the whole park. It would have been much longer if we had the kids, but this was the perfect amount of time for the two of us. Plus the forecast for the afternoon was rain (just like every other day in August). Originally our plan was to get a Bubble Waffle, but we are way to early for that (the stand doesn't open until 4:30). We just decide to wander around for a little. Monday afternoon is definitely the time to visit DS.

IMG_3027.jpg
Nobody there. It was a little weird walking around in our swimsuits. We visit the Ganachery, which by the way, is where the chocolate they give you at check in for CL is made.

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Looks really good, and smells just as good in there. We ducked in and out of a few stores. I like most of the way they updated DS, and was nice that it wasn't crowded.

We decided that instead of the Bubble Waffle we would get some ice cream at Ghirardelli. In our opinion some of the best ice cream in WDW. Deb would put Ample Hills up there as well.

We got the Espresso Escape. which was Espresso Chip Ice Cream, with hot fudge, whip cream and a piece of dark chocolate.

IMG_3028.jpg

It was super tasty. From there we could see the clouds rolling in so we head back to WL. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a bus and we are back to the resort at 4:25.

We went up the room to shower and decide what to do for the evening. In planning we left the evening wide open, even as I look back at our touring plan I had nothing written there. Originally I think we wanted to just eat the CL food, but maybe they didn't have anything we cared for. Also, since our EPCOT time was cut short yesterday we decided that we go there for the evening. So where to eat? I love Via Napoli, and check for ADRs but obviously they are all gone for the evening. Deb decided his was the perfect time to get a concierge and have them make the reservations for us. So she went out to the lounge and I finished getting ready. When I got out there we had several options. After a lot of deliberation we settled on San Angel Inn. I was skeptical because I've read a lot of poor reviews, but Deb said she always wanted to eat in there right next to the ride.

Ok our Reservation was at 7:45, and it was pouring, like pouring so hard we couldn't see out the windows at WL. So we had some beers in the lounge and waited until the radar looked like it was going to clear. We got to the bus stop at 5:55 and the bus is scheduled to get there at 6:07, and it's right on time. We were at EPCOT shortly after and walked around the World Showcase. We started in Canada and worked our way to Mexico, stopping in a couple stores.

IMG_3030.jpg

We checked in a San Angel at 7:45, in hopes that we would get seated a little early. We figured with some luck we could be out in time for Illuminations. We got a buzzer, and we wandered around for a few minutes.

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

Time for a little selfie on the fountain.

IMG_1908.jpg

We waited a while to be seated and actually we were seated like 10 minutes late.

How was our dinner? Do we get out in time for Illuminations?
We'll see in the next post!

Continuing on to our dinner!

I did forget to mention in my last post that we were able to solve the missing FPs from the mousekeeping interruptions the first day. We didn't as much find them as we did let the concierge know what happened. After we finished making our dinner reservations we told her what happened, and no big deal she added them for us. They were anytime FPs s so we couldn't use them for any of the big rides, but they'll come in handy.

So on to dinner.

We were sat a few minutes late so I wasn't sure that we will be done in time for Illuminations. Oh well, but what did we have to eat.

We had a nice view

IMG_3039.jpg

We started out with the Guacamole.

IMG_3033.jpg

Simply delicious, it comes with Chicharron which are little crispy fried flour (I think). We also ordered some drinks, I decided to try the San Angel Inn Margarita, it was a little pricey but I loved it. It came in its own strainer for me to pour.

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

I think Deb got the Blood Orange Margarita which I didn't take a picture of I guess. I got this beauty instead.

IMG_3037.jpg

She thought it was ok. The entrees came out shortly after.

I had the Tacos de Costilla de Carne which was braised short rib, with all the mexican food fixings, peppers onions etc... I really enjoyed it.

IMG_3049.jpg

Deb got Chile Relleno con Camarón which is a stuffed poblano pepper with rice and shrimp. She loved this as well.

IMG_1913.jpg

The good new was that the server was super quick and we are done eating at 8:55. We booth really like the food and the experience there. It's a definite do again for us on a future trip. We head outside quickly stop and grab some Mickey Bars just as Illuminations is starting. We decide that we just want to see the first part. So we eat our ice cream and watch maybe the first 7 minutes then head to the bus. We figured we could beat the crowds and get back to the CL Lounge for some drinks before bed.

We stopped for a couple pictures on the way out.

IMG_1919.jpg

And a photopass picture.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_412916795657.jpg

We are back in WL at 9:25, so we head up to the lounge for some coffee drinks, and then head to bed. The dessert tonight was not as impressive as last night.

IMG_3051.jpg

What's on tap for tomorrow? One of the highlights of the trip, Keys to the Kingdom! Come on back and read all about it!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!