Now that we were back to the hotel we could move on with our planned day. We originally had planned just to hang out at WL for the morning, go to the pool, maybe a run. We were planning on spending the rest of the day at AK.

We had a 1:00pm ADR at Yak and Yeti

Fast Passes:
- 1 anytime FP for any ride but FOP
- FOP 3:25-4:25
- Kali River Rapids 4:40-5:40
- Kilimanjaro Safaris 7:30-8:30

We had never eaten at Yak and Yeti, so that was something we were really looking forward to. The night time safari was something else we had never done, but we also realized that waiting for that FP meant we'd be at AK for a long time. So we'll see what happened.

First things first we needed some breakfast from the lounge. Oh yea and we got some mimosas.

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

We took it back to our room, ate on the balcony and then decided to go to the pool for a little while.

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

We both did a little swimming and some reading. It was a nice way to relax for the morning. WL has a really great pool as well, one of my favorites so far. We left the pool at about 11:15 and were showered and out of the room for AK at 11:43. It was a short wait for the bus and we were at the park at 12:03. We decided to walk straight back to Yak and Yeti, and they were able to seat us early, like 12:40.

IMG_3090.jpg

We got the Wok Fried Green Beans as an App.

IMG_3091.jpg

I got Sweet and Sour Chicken.

IMG_3092.jpg

It was AWESOME, so good! Deb got Coconut Shrimp.

IMG_3093.jpg

This was also really good. There was definitely no room for dessert, and this was an excellent choice for lunch. He had full bellies and no complaints. We were done at 1:45 and it was hot out. So we thought we would just walk around and find something to do. As we were passing by the Nemo show, there was no wait and it was starting. So to sit down and digest our food alittle we went in.

IMG_2068.jpg

We were able to sit in the back and spread out a little. It was an ok show, nothing special. From there we decided to use our anytime FP for Dinosaur. I love that ride, Deb could take it or leave it. Either way we go on. I think the posted wait time was like 45 minutes.

IMG_3094.jpg

Once we were done with that we had some more time to waste before FOP.

Come on back to see what else we did!

Welcome back!

It's been a few weeks, but time to continue our last full day. We were at Wine and Dine last weekend so that's why couldn't get an update done. A fun trip but very quick. Anway where did we leave off?

We rode Dinosaur which is one of my favorite rides, but I think I'm in the minority there. After we got done we spotted some special characters as part of the AK celebration. It was Launchpad McQuack!

Deb decided to meet him.

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_412938721793.jpg

Then there was Scrooge McDuck so we both met him. It started to rain though, pretty heavily.

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_412941087930.jpg

We waited in the rain, it wasn't too bad. It was over soon enough, then we were off to Pandora for our FOP Fastpass. For some reason we didn't take any pictures over there, just quick in and out of Pandora. Then we went to Asia to use our FP for Kali River Rapids. We were already wet so no harm. There was a photographer on the way off the ride. He was pretty hilarious.

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_412941738876.jpg

We didn't really get very wet on the ride. Oh well, sun was back out now and it was getting humid. So time to get some Dole Whips.

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg
Deb got hers with rum, I didn't to hot for me to drink. It was only like 5:15 at this point and we had like 2 hours until our safari. We decided that we didn't want to try and waste more time at AK, and Deb really wanted to see HEA. So we moved our FP up to 6:15. We did some shopping until then and got in the FP line right at 6:15. Safari was awesome, lots of animals around. Although we had a kid in front of us who clearly rode the safari earlier in the day and was shouting out all the answers to the drivers questions and pointing out everything like he was a genius and tour guide. More annoying than anything else, oh well.

IMG_2075.jpg
We did get a good look at the baby hippo, but couldn't get a picture of him. The hippos are among my favorite on this ride.

IMG_2077.jpg
Several giraffes were right on the rode and our vehicle.

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

The lions were up and about which was awesome, we love when they are active!

IMG_2094.jpg

That wraps up our safari and our day at AK, we leave the park and head out for our evening at MK!

Next post HEA!

Last edited:
WOW! Well welcome back if you are still following along. It has been a weeks since I've been able to sit down and get this done. We are getting really close to the end though.

When we left off we were leaving AK for the last night in MK. Deb wants to see HEA, and so do I. We left the park as soon as we got off the safari and went straight the buses. We met a nice family next to us that was trying to plan their strategy for the evening. We tried to help them and give them some tips but they were wrapped up in their planner from Touring Plans. Oh well, we tried.

The bus took FOREVER, and we got to MK at 8:10, and we are finally getting hungry. We walk around for a little and stop at the Haunted Mansion store. Then the Rapunzel bathrooms and grab a couple pictures.

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

When we are finished we can't think of what we want to eat. We end up settling for a flat bread from Pinocchio Haus, and we took it with us to find a place for FEA.

IMG_3099.jpg

It was pretty good, I'd get it again. We ended up on Main Street about half way back.

IMG_2107.jpg

It was a decent view, and of course we had to dodge people putting their kids on their shoulders.

IMG_2109.jpg

Great show! It has replaced Illuminations as our favorite. As the crowds bail we decide we wanted to stay and get some more rides in before heading out. MK is open till midnight (I think) and Deb is ready to squeeze every ounce of park time out of this trip.

Halloween decorations are up!

IMG_2122.jpg

So we started in Adventureland, hopped on Pirates at 10:10, then grabbed a Dole Whip (again),

IMG_2124.jpg

From there we got on Haunted Mansion at 10:36. It was posted a 40 minute wait, but it was really more like 20.

IMG_2130.jpg

From there we walked onto Philharmagic, and then on to Buzz at 11:39. Once we were done, we were getting to be pretty exhausted. So it was time to call it a night. Sadly we headed toward the exit.

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

The boat back to WL was quick and we got up to our room and boom right to sleep.

Next up our last morning and last post for this report!

I'm still reading along! Trip reporting is tough. I'm in the midst of my first one and I an learning how much of a time commitment it can be!

Then the Rapunzel bathrooms and grab a couple pictures.
I really like the colours in that first picture.
I'm smiling at how odd the idea of "taking pictures of the Rapunzel bathrooms" must sound to anyone outside The DIS.

It was a decent view, and of course we had to dodge people putting their kids on their shoulders.
That is something that annoys me. There are quite a few differing opinions on it though and many seem to think it is perfectly fine to block the view of other behind.
I have lifted my child up to my head height, but no higher. Yes it's not comfortable, but I just think it's rude to stick them on your shoulders.

That is something that annoys me. There are quite a few differing opinions on it though and many seem to think it is perfectly fine to block the view of other behind.
I have lifted my child up to my head height, but no higher. Yes it's not comfortable, but I just think it's rude to stick them on your shoulders.

Thanks for reading!

Yes it is really annoying and it will always be the case. We are thinking of booking a dessert party next time just to not deal with it. I usually have my daughter just stand up in the stroller or "sit" on the handle bar which puts her about eye level with me.

Last edited:

Chapter Six: Squeezing the Last Drop out of CL

Welcome to the last day of this fantastic trip. My notes are seriously lacking for this day (like I don't have any) so I'm going to have to go off the pictures I have which will make this interesting and probably relatively short.

Our flight out of MCO wasn't till 5:30, so we had a whole day to waste. With no plans we took our time in the morning getting up and then getting some breakfast and coffee in the lounge. From there we decided to head to MK for some shopping.

First we took a stroll around WL, then jumped on a boat to MK.

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

Hey those weren't there yesterday!

Deb was very excited to take more pictures as the decorations kept going up. We went to the stores on Main Street for a bit and got some stuff for the kids and a mug for Grandma.

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

We decided to get our DD some pins and a lanyard so she could start a pin collection, and I think we got DS a small die cast Disney bus. With a ton more time to hang out we went into the candy shop for a few minutes to look around.

IMG_2161.jpg

Everything in here always looks amazing and we never buy anything. One day we will though. Looks like these were for Halloween, with the first part rapidly approaching.

We took a couple more pictures on the way out. Guess we were tired and didn't feel like trying to go on anymore rides or anything.

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

Onward back to make sure we were all packed and ready for our flight. Also we decided we just wanted to relax in the lounge for the next couple hours.

Back up in the room we packed everything up and headed over to the lounge. We effectively wasted a couple hours in MK so we only had a few hours till our bus left for MCO.

Took one last view from our room.

IMG_3102.jpg

We made a killing in chocolate for the week.

IMG_3101.jpg

I think we are still eating this now. Santa should have put some in the kids stockings. We made our way to the lounge to relax. It was nice and empty...

IMG_2168.jpg

We enjoyed some just sitting around in a comfy corner.

IMG_2170.jpg

and of course finished off vacation with one last free beverage!

IMG_3103.jpg

We got lunch from the QS restaurant because the snack from the lounge were to light to sustain us all he way back to VT. The food was great! All too soon it was 3 and time for us to go. We stopped at the mercantile on the way out.

IMG_2173.jpg

Then hopped on our bus.

IMG_2178.jpg

Our way back was uneventful, and flights were fine. Going through JKF we were back in VT about 10:30 or so and home by 11:00. A nice late night with Deb heading back to work on Friday.

All in all this was a great trip. Everything we could have hoped for, and besides dodging some weather here and there just about everything worked out perfectly. As always we adjusted some of our touring plan based on the crowd and how we were feeling but we didn't miss doing anything we wanted. For me the best part of the trip was the brunch at CG. I will put it up there with one of the if not the best meal I've had at WDW. Deb loved the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. Club Level was amazing and we will do it again if we can!

DAH was also a highlight for both of us. We will do that again if it coincides with a planned trip. I'm not sure if the kids would make it but we'll see. Without Annual Passes it would still be worth exchanging a park day ticket for an evening after hours event.

So after a successful trip our next time to WDW was a quick weekend for Wine and Dine in November. Maybe another resort will pop up with that trip on it!

Thanks for following along!

I messed up the SD Fast Pass thing too...My kids, who'd only been on BTMRR once two years ago, hated it. So I didn't put SD on a priority list of rides this past trip....I was WRONG.

We stood in line for about 70 minutes (90 minutes was posted), in typical September 105 degrees. Well worth the wait. My kids loved it, and insisted we ride every coaster multiple times after that!

Great trip report! DAH and CL without kids is the best.

Thanks for reading! It was fantastic!

I messed up the SD Fast Pass thing too...My kids, who'd only been on BTMRR once two years ago, hated it. So I didn't put SD on a priority list of rides this past trip....I was WRONG.

We stood in line for about 70 minutes (90 minutes was posted), in typical September 105 degrees. Well worth the wait. My kids loved it, and insisted we ride every coaster multiple times after that!

Next time we will FP Slinky Dog and wait in line for TSM. Much better plan!

Great Trip Report! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for following alon the whole way!

Such fun! I just got caught up on your last few updates and it looks like you had such a great time! Reading about your adventures is making me look forward to our anniversary trip this July even more. :)

Such fun! I just got caught up on your last few updates and it looks like you had such a great time! Reading about your adventures is making me look forward to our anniversary trip this July even more. :)

Thanks for reading! I hope you have a great time!

Enjoyed your report! Did you enjoy staying at WL?

Yes, I think so far it's my favorite resort. Other Deluxe resorts we've stayed at are the Poly, BLT, and BC. It was close enough too MK and the monorail loop to feel like were part of that group of hotels, but no where near as busy in the lobby, which for us is the real draw back to the Poly or CR. We are staying at the GF in April so it will be fun to compare.

Love GC. You can order more than one entree too. We have been twice and each of us order 2 entrees and share. [

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!