Closing Time!

I'm hoping that venting will help move my properties along. I notarized and wire transferred my funds for both the property I was selling and buying within 2 days. It's been well over a week (close to 2) and I'm waiting for the buyer and seller of the properties I'm buying/selling to return their items. Knowing that I have a 4 to 5 week wait to go with Disney to complete their end, I'm anxious for the next wait.

Anyone else waiting with me? Thanks for letting me vent.
I’m sorry you’re still waiting. I’m in ROFR still. Am I wrong for thinking that we are supposed to wait to wire funds until sellers send closing docs? Or is that not the case?

I'm hoping that venting will help move my properties along. I notarized and wire transferred my funds for both the property I was selling and buying within 2 days. It's been well over a week (close to 2) and I'm waiting for the buyer and seller of the properties I'm buying/selling to return their items. Knowing that I have a 4 to 5 week wait to go with Disney to complete their end, I'm anxious for the next wait.

We waited a little over 3 weeks for sellers docs and they forgot to notarize so we waited another 3 weeks. We received paperwork on July 6 and ours was received on July 8th with our check. Final documents were received on 8/16. It took Disney about a month to load the contract too. I totally understand your frustration.

I’m sorry you’re still waiting. I’m in ROFR still. Am I wrong for thinking that we are supposed to wait to wire funds until sellers send closing docs? Or is that not the case?
I sent our cashiers check in with our documents. It is a little bit of a chance because if the seller or the buy back out you have to get the money back from the closers escrow, that can take a little bit. I knew that we wanted the ALK we got so I was not going anywhere so in the interest of expediting things I just sent it all together.

I can commiserate with you, returned docs 2 days after ROFR waived and title company sent them out, been waiting 2 weeks for seller to return theirs :( There's 100+ points banked from 2019 into 2020 that's expiring end of Nov (luckily they banked the 2020 points into 2021) that we were hoping to use, but it's getting less and less likely now. Broker says the seller sent them in on Friday, so keeping fingers crossed!

Home: BLT
Broker: www.********.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 7/7/21
Offer accepted: 7/8/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/9/21
Passed ROFR: 8/12/21
Estoppel Received: 8/12/21
Closing docs received: 8/12/21
Closing docs returned: 8/12/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/17/21
Funds Wired: 8/16/21
Closing: 8/23/21
Deed recorded: 8/24/21
Contract Showing on Membership (New): 9/22/21
Points in account: 9/23/21

End-to-End we were 78 days. We decided to call MS to get points loaded once we learned about some left over points we didn't know about and figured we could do an extra trip in this use-year. Big thanks to Lori/Mark at DVCSales and Cammy at Mason for moving our first resale along so smoothly!

Joining the closing thread as we just closed!

Home: VGF
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 8/19/21
Offer accepted: 8/19/21
Sent to ROFR: 8/20/21
Passed ROFR: 9/20/21
Estoppel Received: 9/20/21
Closing docs received: 9/20/21
Closing docs returned: 9/23/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 9/23/21
Closing: 9/27/21
Deed recorded: 9/28/21
Contract Showing on Membership: TBD
Points in account: TBD

Only 39 days so far as of closing, so i'm pretty happy thus far.
Let's hope it doesn't sit with Member administration to take another 39 days to add contract/points.

Last edited:
I asked our title company about this. They suggested I wait until they received the sellers docs before I wired the money in. So, I’m waiting. Got my closing docs fedex’ed in last week.

How often is too often to check in with the title company once you've passed ROFR? Once a week? This will be my last experience with buying/selling resale.

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 7/9/21
Offer accepted: 7/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/13/21
Passed ROFR: 8/16/2021
Closing docs received: 8/16/2021
Closing docs returned buyer: 8/20/2021
Closing docs returned seller: 8/30/21
Closing: 8/31/2021
Deed recorded: 9/1/2021
Contract Showing on: 9/27/2021 Membership (existing member)
Points in account: 9/27/2021 (after calling MS)

Days Total: 79

Last edited:
Home Resort: AKV
Offer made: 7/29/2021
Offer accepted: 7/29/2021
Sent to ROFR: 7/30/2021
Passed ROFR: 8/27/2021
Estoppel Received:8/27/2021
Closing docs received:8/27/2021
Closing docs returned: 8/30/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/31/2021
Funds wired: 8/30/21
Closing: 9/1/21
Deed recorded: 9/3/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/28/21 (existing member)
Points in account:

Last edited:
Home Resort: AKV
Offer made: 7/29/2021
Offer accepted: 7/29/2021
Sent to ROFR: 7/30/2021
Passed ROFR: 8/27/2021
Estoppel Received:8/27/2021
Closing docs received:8/27/2021
Closing docs returned: 8/30/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/31/2021
Funds wired: 8/30/21
Closing: 9/1/21
Deed recorded: 9/3/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/28/21
Points in account:

Same recorded dates, still waiting on my contract to show up (existing member). Getting closer….

I am trying to post my information in the format on the first page of this board and I keep getting told that my post cannot be posted?

We were told our sellers banked the points from December 2020 when we bought our contract. Guess what - they didn't! And our closing took place after the August banking date. Luckily MS made an exception because the contract was with them by the 8/1 deadline and banked for us, which was a relief as we bought that contract with the intention of going twice in 2022!

Who was the Broker?

Update, almost there…

Home: CCV
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 7/26/21
Offer accepted: 7/26/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/29/21
Passed ROFR: 8/26/21
Estoppel Received: 8/26/21
Closing docs received: 8/27/21
Closing docs returned: 8/28/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/30/21
Funds wired/received: 8/31/21
Closing: 9/02/21
Deed recorded: 9/03/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/28/21
Points in account:

I have a concern about this. Is there a way to confirm supposedly 'banked pts' this before getting too far into $$$ part of purchase? Seems more than just seller's word on this repeated in the broker's listing is warranted.
Do brokers verify anything prior to listing?

I have a concern about this. Is there a way to confirm supposedly 'banked pts' this before getting too far into $$$ part of purchase? Seems more than just seller's word on this repeated in the broker's listing is warranted.
Do brokers verify anything prior to listing?

As a seller, they ask that you send them a points activity statement which details out the status of points before they will list.

Thank you but someone posted above they were told pts were banked but they weren't.

Hmmmm, when I sold recently, I had to send my points activity statement PRIOR to listing and then with my notarized closing documents. There was a two point check with Disney Resale Market and Magic Vacation Title. Each broker and title company likely have different policies.

Hmmmm, when I sold recently, I had to send my points activity statement PRIOR to listing and then with my notarized closing documents. There was a two point check with Disney Resale Market and Magic Vacation Title. Each broker and title company likely have different policies.

Now THAT sounds reassuring. Thank you. I'll be sure to ask about that if I find a good contract outside of Dis Resale Market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!