Closing Time!

I just got off the DVC chat. After waiting 4 weeks for the log-in info to get in for my membership number, etc. (Closing 27 July, Recorded 28 July, the 2 e-mails about midnight UK time 26 August, so essentially 27 August for us) - it now seems the wait for resale to have points loaded is 3 to 4 weeks.

(I know some people are calling to have this done quicker, but this is what I was told for the regular process. The booking window for the trip I need is 15 November, so not so much that I want them now, now, now , as the 2 months for Disney associated delays...)

For anyone interested, it is September 20th now and I still don't have points in my account...

Yea, when we made the offer last month I had a feeling we wouldn't be able to use them given timing and availability. We also didn't think we'd pass ROFR, but got lucky there ($120pp for loaded SSR) so we were hoping to roll that luck into some continuing fortune towards an early closing and early account creation to at the very least use some of those expiring points or at least rent them out. I'd be really sad to see points go to waste, I wish the owner just rented those points before putting the contract up for sale or something!

We were planning to call a guide and see what they could do about adding points the second we get that account created as we also plan to immediately add on some Riviera points. Just sucks that it's in the realm of possibility but being held up. Still feeling very fortunate to get a good deal and should just be content with that I guess :)

Maybe doing the add on will help get MA to create it faster and you will get lucky that something will be available late October to November.

As I said, other than a night here or there, most are booked up but changes can and do happen!

Good luck!

Our newest contract showed up in our account today and we got the welcome email. We have a Feb UY and we were told the sellers banked all the points for us. I would honestly feel a lot better if I could verify that for myself. How long do i give them to put the points in the account before calling? 2 days? a week? I would really like to see them before 9/30.

thanks!

Our newest contract showed up in our account today and we got the welcome email. We have a Feb UY and we were told the sellers banked all the points for us. I would honestly feel a lot better if I could verify that for myself. How long do i give them to put the points in the account before calling? 2 days? a week? I would really like to see them before 9/30.

thanks!

I used chat the same day but I had a trip I needed to get the points into so I could use the other points to get another one booked.

thanks!
When I talked to them last week they said give one week. I waited one day and called again and they loaded my points.

thanks!
My new contract showed up in my account on a Sunday and I called on Weds to get them loaded. CM was super helpful and had it done in 10 min.

Final Update:
What a long road it has felt like!

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/01/21
Offer accepted: 6/01/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/07/21
Passed ROFR: 6/30/21
Estoppel received: 7/1/21
Closing docs received: 7/7/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 7/9/21 with cashier's check.
Closing docs returned seller: 8/16/21(take two) 7/28/21 (take one).
Closing: 8/23/21
Deed recorded: 8/25/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 9/21/21
Points in account:9/21/21

113 days from offer to points!

I did send an email to member admin on Monday 9/20 politely asking for an update, I received the canned response. I checked Tuesday morning and no contract, received a welcome home email at 3:45pm to which I immediately logged in to see my beautiful new contract with no points. I promptly called Member Services and despite some phone issues on Disney's end Bella was wonderful and got my points loaded. This process is definitely not for the impatient (such as myself).

Home Resort: AKV
Offer made: 7/29/2021
Offer accepted: 7/29/2021
Sent to ROFR: 7/30/2021
Passed ROFR: 8/27/2021
Estoppel Received:8/27/2021
Closing docs received:8/27/2021
Closing docs returned: 8/30/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/31/2021
Funds wired: 8/30/21
Closing: 9/1/21
Deed recorded: 9/3/21
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home: AKL
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 6/24/21
Offer accepted: 6/24/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/28/21
Passed ROFR: 8/03/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 8/17/21
Closing docs returned: 8/17/21
Funds wired: 8/20/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 9/08/21
Closing: 9/22/21 (I think it was today)
Deed recorded:9/22/21
Points in account:

Final Update:
What a long road it has felt like!

Home Resort: AKL
Offer made: 6/01/21
Offer accepted: 6/01/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/07/21
Passed ROFR: 6/30/21
Estoppel received: 7/1/21
Closing docs received: 7/7/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 7/9/21 with cashier's check.
Closing docs returned seller: 8/16/21(take two) 7/28/21 (take one).
Closing: 8/23/21
Deed recorded: 8/25/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 9/21/21
Points in account:9/21/21

113 days from offer to points!

I did send an email to member admin on Monday 9/20 politely asking for an update, I received the canned response. I checked Tuesday morning and no contract, received a welcome home email at 3:45pm to which I immediately logged in to see my beautiful new contract with no points. I promptly called Member Services and despite some phone issues on Disney's end Bella was wonderful and got my points loaded. This process is definitely not for the impatient (such as myself).
Wise move calling. Since we don't have immediate plans for our points we decided to just wait. Our new contract showed up on Aug 26 (we already had a member number) and we are still waiting on points to be loaded. Looks like I'll have to call after all, otherwise I'm not sure they'll ever get loaded!

Wise move calling. Since we don't have immediate plans for our points we decided to just wait. Our new contract showed up on Aug 26 (we already had a member number) and we are still waiting on points to be loaded. Looks like I'll have to call after all, otherwise I'm not sure they'll ever get loaded!

Oh heck NO! I would not wait this long. That's crazy!!! My hold time at 4pm on a Tuesday was about 30 min. I was expecting to be on hold long enough to drive home from work and make dinner but it was shockingly easy.

Final Update!

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 7/9/221
Offer accepted: 7/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/10/21
Passed ROFR: 8/12/21
Closing docs received: 8/20/21 (got first copy 8/16 but needed changes)
Closing docs returned buyer: 8/24/21
Closing docs returned seller: ??
Closing: 8/30/21
Deed recorded: 8/31/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 9/23/21
Points in account: 9/24/21

Days Total: 77

Tried chat to load points, and they said I had to call Member Services. Called Member Services and took about an hour from time I called until time points were loaded.

Last edited:
Home Resort: VGF
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Offer made: 6/10/21
Offer accepted: 6/10/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/15/21
Passed ROFR: 7/12/21
Closing docs received: 7/12/21
Closing docs returned: 7/14/21
Closing: 7/27/21
Deed recorded: 7/30/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 8/26/21
Points in account: 9/23/21 (Had to call)

Days Total: 105

If we hadn't called, I'm not sure the points would have ever been loaded. Also, we tried chat but were told we had to call. The call involved running down a manager but wasn't too terribly painful.

Update - member number email sent yesterday evening.

Offer made: 7/9/221
Offer accepted: 7/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/10/21
Passed ROFR: 8/12/21
Closing docs received: 8/20/21 (got first copy 8/16 but needed changes)
Closing docs returned buyer: 8/24/21
Closing docs returned seller: ??
Closing: 8/30/21
Deed recorded: 8/31/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 9/23/21
Points in account:

Looks like the time between deed recording and account email is slowly getting shorter. Hopefully your points will be in your account soon.

Offer made: 7/30/2021
Offer accepted: 7/30/2021
Sent to ROFR: 7/31/2021
Passed ROFR: 9/13/2021
Estoppel Received:?
Closing docs received:9/20/2021
Closing docs returned: 9/24/2021
Sellers closing docs returned:9/24/2021
Funds wired:9/28/2021
Closing: 10/8/2021
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

We can't close until 10/7/21 due to a pending reservation.

Last edited:
Home Resort: VGF
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Offer made: 6/10/21
Offer accepted: 6/10/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/15/21
Passed ROFR: 7/12/21
Closing docs received: 7/12/21
Closing docs returned: 7/14/21
Closing: 7/27/21
Deed recorded: 7/30/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 8/26/21
Points in account: 9/23/21 (Had to call)

Days Total: 105

If we hadn't called, I'm not sure the points would have ever been loaded. Also, we tried chat but were told we had to call. The call involved running down a manager but wasn't too terribly painful.
Wow, you had to wait awhile! We had same offer date and broker but I wasn't that patient - I broke down and called about points 10 days after contract showed up.
8 days difference in deed recordation
10 days difference in contract showing up
almost 4 weeks difference in points being loaded…

Hopefully this is formatted correctly…

Home Resort: BCV
Offer made: 8/20/21
Offer accepted: 8/22/21
Sent to ROFR: 8/23/21
Passed ROFR: 9/22/21
Closing docs received: 9/22/21
Closing docs returned: 9/23/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): N/A
Points in account:

Days Total:

thanks!
We were told our sellers banked the points from December 2020 when we bought our contract. Guess what - they didn't! And our closing took place after the August banking date. Luckily MS made an exception because the contract was with them by the 8/1 deadline and banked for us, which was a relief as we bought that contract with the intention of going twice in 2022!

I'm hoping that venting will help move my properties along. I notarized and wire transferred my funds for both the property I was selling and buying within 2 days. It's been well over a week (close to 2) and I'm waiting for the buyer and seller of the properties I'm buying/selling to return their items. Knowing that I have a 4 to 5 week wait to go with Disney to complete their end, I'm anxious for the next wait.

Anyone else waiting with me? Thanks for letting me vent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!