Sent to ROFR: 6/29/21
Passed ROFR: 8/4/21
Closing docs received: 8/4/21
Closing docs returned: 8/9/21
Funds wired: 8/11/21
Closing: 8/18/21
Deed recorded: 8/19/2021
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 9/15/2021
Points in account: 9/16/2021 (after chat with MS)

Days Total: 83 days

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/25/21
Offer accepted: 6/25/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/29/21
Passed ROFR: 8/4/21
Closing docs received: 8/4/21
Closing docs returned: 8/9/21
Funds wired: 8/11/21
Deed recorded: 8/19/2021
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 9/15/2021
Points in account: 9/16/2021 (after chat with MS)

Days Total: 83 days
Did you use the chat function on the website to get your points loaded or did you call in?

Good to know! Every time I try via chat they say they don't have that capability. Any advice or magic words you may have used? 😂
How strange! Ask for Damien? Lol! I have no idea. I let them know my contract loaded but not the points and I had points expiring in two months and would love to please get them added so I could book a room ASAP. He asked what my closing date was and then a few mins later said the points were added!

Chat on the website. Was quick and easy!
I tried that and she said nope can't help. Apparently some like to put forth less effort than others. I called [used last option] a few days later when I still had no points and the CM said no problem.

I tried that and she said nope can't help. Apparently some like to put forth less effort than others. I called [used last option] a few days later when I still had no points and the CM said no problem.
Called and chatted today and they were not willing to help. Told me to wait a week. Will try again For my points tomorrow.

There are a lot of new CMs and I’m not sure all know how to do it.

I have two contracts that passed ROFR, have been signed (by me) and I'm waiting for the other parties to do their thing so we can close. Now, I'm in for the most painful wait.

Final Update, for this contract..:

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/30/21
Offer accepted: 6/30/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/30/21
Passed ROFR: 8/11/21
Closing docs received: 8/11/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 8/11/21
Closing docs returned seller: 8/16/21
Funds Wired: 8/16/21
Closing: 8/19/21
Deed recorded: 8/20/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 9/16/21
Points in account: 9/18/21 (called MS)

Days Total: 81

Fyi - to assign points: first tried Chat and was told to call MS. Called MS 3 times: 1st CM said call back Mon, cannot get points on a weekend. 2nd CM said call back later that it takes a special team to get points assigned. 3rd CM said, no problem then assigned the points in a matter of minutes, and was an extremely cheerful person.
Note: while we may be able to see our points in the online dashboard, we cannot book a ressie online as the vacation points show as 0 on the reservation screen. A follow-up call to MS managed to book the trip, but now we need to wait for someone to fix the 'glitch' to our account before we can book online going forward.
Maybe not the best of starts, but at least it's a start. Happy Trails!!

Final Update…

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 7/2/21
Offer accepted: 7/2/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/7/21
Passed ROFR: 8/10/21
Closing docs received: 8/12/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 8/13/21
Funds wired: 8/16/21
Deed recorded: 8/20/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 9/17/21
Points in account: 9/18/21

Days Total: 78 days.

Note: When we got the welcome email, we called the same day to ask for point to be added. They said it was too soon and that we could call back the next day. Called back the next day and the gentleman was very kind. Put me on hold and during the hold, within a minute, the points were in my contract and ready to go.

At what point is it okay to start pushing the broker/title company to get the seller to return docs? Closing docs were sent out 09/09 (Thursday). We sent ours back on the 10th (Friday) and asked the broker to ask the seller to provide a proof of points available before writing funds to title company, which the seller also sent back to the broker that same day. I checked with broker/title company on Monday the 13th and on Friday the 17th and as of Friday, seller hasn't provided closing docs back. Broker also said there's no pending reservations or anything else that could delay closing (originally scheduled for Oct. 12).

Only reason why I'd like to get this closed ASAP is that there's 114 points banked from 2019 into 2020 (Dec UY) that need to be used by end of November that I don't want to go to waste (2020 points already banked into 2021). Seems odd to show proof of points same day but not yet return closing docs (broker has informed seller that we've submitted everything from our end). Makes me wonder if seller is having second thoughts, which makes me really regret wiring money the same day we returned the docs, I probably should've waited until there was confirmation that seller submitted theirs. First time buyer, so lessons learned! Any thoughts/recommendations? Do I just need to be more patient? Not really sure what's needed from their end beyond a notary, so perhaps I could be a little bit more patient if I understood what they have to do.

At what point is it okay to start pushing the broker/title company to get the seller to return docs? Closing docs were sent out 09/09 (Thursday). We sent ours back on the 10th (Friday) and asked the broker to ask the seller to provide a proof of points available before writing funds to title company, which the seller also sent back to the broker that same day. I checked with broker/title company on Monday the 13th and on Friday the 17th and as of Friday, seller hasn't provided closing docs back. Broker also said there's no pending reservations or anything else that could delay closing (originally scheduled for Oct. 12).

Only reason why I'd like to get this closed ASAP is that there's 114 points banked from 2019 into 2020 (Dec UY) that need to be used by end of November that I don't want to go to waste (2020 points already banked into 2021). Seems odd to show proof of points same day but not yet return closing docs (broker has informed seller that we've submitted everything from our end). Makes me wonder if seller is having second thoughts, which makes me really regret wiring money the same day we returned the docs, I probably should've waited until there was confirmation that seller submitted theirs. First time buyer, so lessons learned! Any thoughts/recommendations? Do I just need to be more patient? Not really sure what's needed from their end beyond a notary, so perhaps I could be a little bit more patient if I understood what they have to do.

Proof of points is easy. Just screenshot on the computer. Signing requires owners to go to a notary which can take time to do.

Some can get it done soon and others have to coordinate Not much the broker or title company can do other then to remind the seller that closing is set for no later than the 12th.

I hate to be a downer but I think the chances of you getting those points in time will be though it’s currently taking 5 to 6 weeks from when Disney gets your info to creating the account and loading the points.

Even if you do, availability is pretty close to near zero before December.

Proof of points is easy. Just screenshot on the computer. Signing requires owners to go to a notary which can take time to do.

Some can get it done soon and others have to coordinate Not much the broker or title company can do other then to remind the seller that closing is set for no later than the 12th.

I hate to be a downer but I think the chances of you getting those points in time will be though it’s currently taking 5 to 6 weeks from when Disney gets your info to creating the account and loading the points.

Even if you do, availability is pretty close to near zero before December.
Yea, when we made the offer last month I had a feeling we wouldn't be able to use them given timing and availability. We also didn't think we'd pass ROFR, but got lucky there ($120pp for loaded SSR) so we were hoping to roll that luck into some continuing fortune towards an early closing and early account creation to at the very least use some of those expiring points or at least rent them out. I'd be really sad to see points go to waste, I wish the owner just rented those points before putting the contract up for sale or something!

We were planning to call a guide and see what they could do about adding points the second we get that account created as we also plan to immediately add on some Riviera points. Just sucks that it's in the realm of possibility but being held up. Still feeling very fortunate to get a good deal and should just be content with that I guess :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts