Closing Time!

So sorry. I just got a response from MA and they are saying 2 to 3 weeks to transfer the contract. They got documents 7/26 so I am looking at another week and then 7 to 10 days for points. In reality, not any quicker than last summer.

The only plus is I have the room reserved with SSR points to swap to the RIV when they load.
Yeah, Admin Services actually responded to me super quick - like less than 24 hours - to confirm this morning that they did in fact get the docs from my broker and are in the process of transferring. But likewise they said 2-3 weeks to record and then another 10-14 days for points.

I’ve been waiting two weeks and still don’t have my new contract showing up. I’m hoping to have them by October at this point. We closed on 7/22.

Closing question....so we got our closing docs via Docusign since we aren't financing. I told the closing agent that we will wire once we know that they have received the seller's docs. They replied back saying that their docs are en route via FedEx. Should I still insist on confirmation that they have those docs in hand or would you just go ahead and wire knowing that the docs are on their way?
We are in the process of buying two contracts. On the second contract, I followed up with the broker and title company two weeks after we got closing docs because we too were waiting until they received the seller docs before we wired. They checked the tracking number and said they were scheduled to be delivered the next day. Our bank suggests having an appointment to do a wire transfer so we set one up for the next day (which was a Friday). That afternoon I called the title company to confirm they had received the FedEx packet - they confirmed receipt but our actual closing agent had already left for the day so I knew there was a possibility that something might be missing or done incorrectly, etc. BUT since they did get them back we went ahead with the wire transfer. Everything went smoothly, no problems with the paperwork and we officially closed on Tuesday. In our case, though, we only had one seller so I didn’t have the added complication of waiting for multiple people to sign or anything like that.

We are in the process of buying two contracts. On the second contract, I followed up with the broker and title company two weeks after we got closing docs because we too were waiting until they received the seller docs before we wired. They checked the tracking number and said they were scheduled to be delivered the next day. Our bank suggests having an appointment to do a wire transfer so we set one up for the next day (which was a Friday). That afternoon I called the title company to confirm they had received the FedEx packet - they confirmed receipt but our actual closing agent had already left for the day so I knew there was a possibility that something might be missing or done incorrectly, etc. BUT since they did get them back we went ahead with the wire transfer. Everything went smoothly, no problems with the paperwork and we officially closed on Tuesday. In our case, though, we only had one seller so I didn’t have the added complication of waiting for multiple people to sign or anything like that.
This is thankfully just one seller as well.

Closed and deed recorded on 7/21. Still waiting To see the contract. They are going to take the full 3 weeks! Waiting to use the points to book a May trip. Just need to get them before 7 months hits.

Closed and deed recorded on 7/21. Still waiting To see the contract. They are going to take the full 3 weeks! Waiting to use the points to book a May trip. Just need to get them before 7 months hits.
I’m in the exact same bot (same day recording and need for 7 mo window)

Update...

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/19/21
Offer accepted: 6/20/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/25/21
Passed ROFR: 7/30/21
Closing docs received: 8/3/21
Closing docs returned: 8/9/21
Funds wired: 8/9/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

For those of you that used Mason Title for closing....did they send you updates after you sent your paperwork and wired your funds? I sent an email asking if they'd tell me when we officially end up closing as well as when the deed is sent for recording and stuff like that but instead they just said they received our signed papers and the wire which wasn't what I asked.

Last edited:
For those of you that used Mason Title for closing....did they send you updated after you sent your paperwork and wired your funds? I sent an email asking if they'd tell me when we officially end up closing as well as when the deed is sent for recording and stuff like that but instead they just said they received our signed papers and the wire which wasn't what I asked.
I just sent email asking the same. I will let you know What I get back. So far communications is limited.

For those of you that used Mason Title for closing....did they send you updated after you sent your paperwork and wired your funds? I sent an email asking if they'd tell me when we officially end up closing as well as when the deed is sent for recording and stuff like that but instead they just said they received our signed papers and the wire which wasn't what I asked.

Yes, we received all that information from MTI, but we’ve always worked with Cammy (and she’s the best!!). Don’t know if it varies depending who your agent is…

Yes, we received all that information from MTI, but we’ve always worked with Cammy (and she’s the best!!). Don’t know if it varies depending who your agent is…

Thanks good to know. Our closing agent is Marcelo so if anything I'll just keep bugging him to answer my questions ;)

Yes, I got an email when the contract closed.

Thanks good to know. Our closing agent is Marcelo so if anything I'll just keep bugging him to answer my questions ;)
We are with the same person. All I got back from my question is that my documents were there and he has them for closing. Likely the person versus agency

Yup sounds like he's just not one to give much information period.
That’s really unfortunate whether an individual or the the co itself. Since we are their customer paying their closing fees, we should be able to get answers and responses. I had a horrible time with First Am last year. My direct was fine 2 years prior with them but the Resale contract was terrible... no responses to inquiries, extremely slow, then when I threatened to pull out because we almost missed closing all of a sudden things improved. I refused to use them again.

I really hope mason is better than they were. I’m using them for a BLT contract currently in for ROFR.

Another note, I just sold a contract and the seller opted for magic vacation. I had to follow up with them to get closing docs after estoppel was received. 2+ weeks went by after estoppel. Their email to me said to expect closing docs within 2 wks and when I sled they said they were waiting on estoppel from Disney. I had to tell them, no it’s already been received.

I will say Jeffrey Sweetwas great. I bought a BLt contract in June and it closed 7/21. All communication was prompt and clear. Their only downside was having to mail the deposit vs convenience of credir card deposit but I would use them again in a heartbeat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!