Closing docs returned: 6/5/2021
Funds wired: 6/5/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/2/2021
Closing: 6/16/2021
Deed recorded: 6/18/2021
Membership created & contract showing: 6/29/2021
Points in account: 6/30/2021

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account: 79 days

I am curious as we have the same title company. Did you have a delayed closing? If not did they tell you why it took a month to get your docs? Or why it took 10 days to close it after docs and fees. I have been seeing people who use Mason getting docs a week after ROFR. We just passed ROFR today so now the hurry up and wait starts over.

I am curious as we have the same title company. Did you have a delayed closing? If not did they tell you why it took a month to get your docs? Or why it took 10 days to close it after docs and fees. I have been seeing people who use Mason getting docs a week after ROFR. We just passed ROFR today so now the hurry up and wait starts over.
I noticed the same with Mason while anxiously waiting for mine. It wasn’t a delayed closing. I contacted them at least once every week and was told that they usually received estoppel within 3 weeks of passing ROFR and that with Memorial Day weekend it could have taken more time. I sent signed documents and wired funds on a Saturday and I was notified by Title Company they received documents Monday afternoon and funds Tuesday morning. When I contacted them to see if everything was ok and if seller had sent their documents I was told that they had everything from both seller and buyer, but since I financed part of the contract they were waiting to receive funds from financial institution. We closed immediately after they received those funds and after that everything else went relatively fast.

I’ve only just noticed that my contract for AKV does have a closing date. Is that the date that the escrow company closes as long as they have all the documents or is that the latest they expect to close?

I’ve only just noticed that my contract for AKV does have a closing date. Is that the date that the escrow company closes as long as they have all the documents or is that the latest they expect to close?

It is the latest they hope to close the contract. If things are in earlier, they will close earlier.

This is why most put 60 to 75 days for closing to allow for delays by all parties.

We used Magic Vacation Title, too and are currently waiting on closing. Our closing docs took longer than other title companies, so we asked Magic Vacation Title about it. They said they were processing all paperwork in order of closing date and holding some for later if they still had a while before that date. We passed ROFR on June 4th, and they didn't send us closing docs until last Friday because our closing date is listed as July 30th.

We used Magic Vacation Title, too and are currently waiting on closing. Our closing docs took longer than other title companies, so we asked Magic Vacation Title about it. They said they were processing all paperwork in order of closing date and holding some for later if they still had a while before that date. We passed ROFR on June 4th, and they didn't send us closing docs until last Friday because our closing date is listed as July 30th.
I have Magic Vacation too. Passed ROFR on 6/1 and got estoppel on 6/14. Just got closing docs on Tuesday, 6/28 (already returned) and have a close date of July 28. Definitely slow going...

I have Magic Vacation too. Passed ROFR on 6/1 and got estoppel on 6/14. Just got closing docs on Tuesday, 6/28 (already returned) and have a close date of July 28. Definitely slow going...

Why is your closing date a month after closing documents have been returned? Doesn’t that usually happen pretty quick after documents have been returned?

Why is your closing date a month after closing documents have been returned? Doesn’t that usually happen pretty quick after documents have been returned?
Sorry- I should clarify- I submitted my portion of closing docs/funds yesterday. I don't know anything about the seller portion yet. I assume in normal circumstances, if the seller returned their docs quickly, the deal would close quickly. It appears from this thread that *** is prioritizing based on close date, and my wait to get closing docs after estoppel seems indicative of that. I just stated my July 28 close date as a reference to the previous poster who had July 30.

Home: AUL
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 3/30/21
Offer accepted: 4/2/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/6/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/3/2021
Estoppel Received: 5/12/2021
Closing docs received: 05/27/2021
Closing docs returned: 05/28/2021
Money Wired: 05/28/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 06/11/2021
Closing: 06/23/2021
Deed recorded: 06/23/2021
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

It is the latest they hope to close the contract. If things are in earlier, they will close earlier.

This is why most put 60 to 75 days for closing to allow for delays by all parties.

thanks for that. Because the sellers had a trip booked, the closing date was moved a few days until today the 2nd. Mason title contacted me yesterday as one piece of info for Monera was required.

hopefully that means we will be closing in the next few hours.

Updated: Closing docs have been received, but www.****************.com and Mason Title use a lawyer to close on their HHI contracts, which has significantly dragged out this process - partly because the closing docs are now on their THIRD iteration, as the lawyer keeps finding mistakes, needs new ones, which pushes out the closing we have to schedule to do over the phone... uggggh. I don't know if my last contract skipped legal proceedings they needed to do or not, but it was certainly much faster... this process is taking longer than ROFR! As it is, a date was wrong on the last closing docs sent to the lawyer, and so I'm now waiting for the closing docs to be fixed and for the lawyer to reach out to me to reschedule the closing time.

Home: HHI
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 5/14/2021
Offer accepted: 5/15/2021 (1 day)
Sent to ROFR: 5/20/2021 (5 days)
Passed ROFR: 6/10/2021 (21 days)
Estoppel Received: 6/25/2021 ? (15 days)
Closing docs received: 6/25/2021 (15 days)
Closing docs returned: 6/26/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/28/2021 (3 days from closing docs received)
Paid Final Payment: 6/28/2021
Closing: ???? Was supposed to be today (7 days from closing docs received)
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 49 days and counting...
offer to ROFR Passing: 21 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 22 days and counting...
Closing to Points in Account:

Home: AKV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 4/10/21
Offer accepted: 4/10/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/17/21
Passed ROFR: 5/10/21
Estoppel Received: ??
Closing docs received: 5/22/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/3/2021
Funds wired: 6/3/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/14/2021
Closing: 7/2/2021
Deed recorded:
Membership created & contract showing:
Points in account:

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account:

Last edited:
If DVC received our contracts for transfer within 24 hours like I mentioned above does anyone think that they are likely to process and sort it before they close on the 8th?
I imagine they’ll wait until they are back in on the 20th?

If DVC received our contracts for transfer within 24 hours like I mentioned above does anyone think that they are likely to process and sort it before they close on the 8th?
I imagine they’ll wait until they are back in on the 20th?

No chance. Once you close it takes around 3 weeks to get the contract loaded. Then a further few days to get the points added.

thought that would be the case. Even if it’s done for the end of the month then I’m still 5 weeks before my 11 month booking

Passed ROFR this morning; so I'm getting started over here.

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/11/2021
Offer accepted: 6/11/2021
Sent to ROFR: 6/15/2021
Passed ROFR: 7/06/2021
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 25 so far...

If I already have a DVC resale contract and purchase a second, will the upload time for the new points be shorter than the first go around? Or will it be about the same amount of time from closing to points uploaded in my account?

Home: VGF
Broker: https://www.**********.com/
Offer made: 04/28/21
Offer accepted: 04/29/21
Sent to ROFR: 04/29/21
Passed ROFR: 05/18/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 6/04/21
Closing docs returned: 6/29/21
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing: 6/02/21
Deed recorded: - 7/06/21
Contract Showing on Membership: -
Points in account:

Home: VGF
Broker: https://www.**********.com/
Offer made: 04/28/21
Offer accepted: 04/29/21
Sent to ROFR: 04/29/21
Passed ROFR: 05/18/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 6/04/21
Closing docs returned: 6/29/21
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing: 6/02/21
Deed recorded: - 7/06/21
Contract Showing on Membership: -
Points in account:
Did it really take over a month for your deed to get recorded?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter