Closing Time!

Our contract loaded into our account(new member) last night, so I reached out to chat about points loading and got told several weeks…. Any tips/strategies on which option or magic words to try?

Our contract loaded into our account(new member) last night, so I reached out to chat about points loading and got told several weeks…. Any tips/strategies on which option or magic words to try?
I waited until 4 pm eastern time the day after… Just said I have a trip I’m wanting to book, but I didn’t see points in my account yet. They added them after “looking into it.”

Also, if your name means what I think, ZT needs to be in the HOF already 😒

I waited until 4 pm eastern time the day after… Just said I have a trip I’m wanting to book, but I didn’t see points in my account yet. They added them after “looking into it.”

Also, if your name means what I think, ZT needs to be in the HOF already 😒
Got it! I’ll try again after the early games today then.
I originally registered on this site in 02, which is almost as crazy as thomas not being in the hall!

I got the same response this morning and then I said, "a friend of mine [literally meaning someone on this board :-) just got their points yesterday after receiving their new membership number the day before." The response was: "I'll put the request in. Check your dashboard in another hour. If you don't see it, call member services on Wednesday." So, yes, to echo the sentiments of the other poster, try again with another CM.

To close the loop, chatted a few minutes ago and CM asked me to hold while they looked for the points and got them all loaded in less than 5 minutes. So the chat version of hang up and call again worked, thank you all for the advice and time to book some nights!

Home Resort: Riviera Resort
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com (JP)
Title Company: Mason Title (Marcelo)
Offer made: 10/8
Offer accepted: 10/8
Sent to ROFR: 10/8
Passed ROFR: 11/3
Closing docs received: 11/4
Closing docs returned (buyer): 11/4
Closing funds sent: 11/4
Closing docs returned (seller): sent 11/8, received 11/11 (Tropical Storm Nicole Delay)
Closing: 11/14
Deed recorded: 11/14
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 11/25
Points in account: 11/26 (MS Chat)

Days Total: 50 Days

Even with a hurricane, we hit 50 days. Kudos to JP and Marcelo who both made the process quick and painless.
This is interesting. I thought new memberships took longer than existing memberships. But we closed on the same day same title company, both Marcelo, and I'm still waiting on contract to show on the website. Did you call someone to get it loaded so fast?

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://*******.com/
Title Company: TRCS, In
Offer made: 4/8
Offer accepted: 4/11
Sent to ROFR: 4/13
Passed ROFR: 5/5
Wait for the Delayed Closing Date of at least 10/31
Closing docs received: 10/20
Closing docs returned (buyer): 10/21 (had to resend 10/24 as did not open for the closing company)
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing funds sent: 10/28
Closing: ?
Deed recorded: 11/1
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): sometime between 11/23 and 11/25
Points in account:

I am not 100% sure when the contract was added as it was not there on the morning of 11/23 but was yesterday, so it was added at some point. I don’t need the points right away and will most likely be banking them so can wait for them to load.

Closing docs returned (buyer): 10/21 (had to resend 10/24 as did not open for the closing company)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): sometime between 11/23 and 11/25
Points in account: 11/28/22

I was going to wait it out, but the annual hiatus for loading (or whatever they call it) is starting soon and I wanted my points before that date. So, I got the points loaded via chat today with no problems.

Points in account: 11/28/22

I was going to wait it out, but the annual hiatus for loading (or whatever they call it) is starting soon and I wanted my points before that date. So, I got the points loaded via chat today with no problems.
That's a level of patience I was unable to achieve. I had my first contract a couple of years ago go into ROFR (May I believe) with a delayed closing after October 12th. Cleared ROFR in June, but couldn't make it past July and bought direct. Ate the deposit, but was just too antsy to start making reservations, and October was forever away.

That's a level of patience I was unable to achieve. I had my first contract a couple of years ago go into ROFR (May I believe) with a delayed closing after October 12th. Cleared ROFR in June, but couldn't make it past July and bought direct. Ate the deposit, but was just too antsy to start making reservations, and October was forever away.

Honestly, it gave me a little more time to save up (not that I could not have made it work in May) for full price purchase. And I did not need the points right away. I cancelled my March trip, so I banked a lot of my 2022 points in that membership and had the banked plus current to book for March 2023. So, this is more for the future. But believe me, come October, I started getting antsy for my closing papers and to get things moving again.

This is interesting. I thought new memberships took longer than existing memberships. But we closed on the same day same title company, both Marcelo, and I'm still waiting on contract to show on the website. Did you call someone to get it loaded so fast?
To get the contract showing on the account, no. I was expecting another week or so. We got it on Friday evening (day after thanksgiving). I chatted with member services the next morning and they loaded the points for me. Hopefully yours comes soon!

Broker: ***resalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 10/17/2022
Offer accepted: 10/19/2022
Sent to ROFR: 10/20/2022
Passed ROFR: 11/9/2022
Closing docs received: 11/16/2022
Closing docs returned (buyer): 11/17/2022
Closing docs returned (seller): 11/21/2022
Closing funds sent: 11/22/2022
Closing: 11/22/2022
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

First contract! Hopefully the rest goes smoothly- there was a delay in the closing documents due to title company losing power for hurricane.
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 10/17/2022
Offer accepted: 10/19/2022
Sent to ROFR: 10/20/2022
Passed ROFR: 11/9/2022
Closing docs received: 11/16/2022
Closing docs returned (buyer): 11/17/2022
Closing docs returned (seller): 11/21/2022
Closing funds sent: 11/22/2022
Closing: 11/22/2022
Deed recorded: 11/29/2022 (finally!)
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited by a moderator:
Home Resort: CCV
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 9/30/22
Offer accepted: 9/30/22
Sent to ROFR: 10/1/22
Passed ROFR: 10/20/22
Closing docs received: 10/27/22 (Marcelo at Mason - not Cammy. Only received docs after I followed-up.)
Closing docs returned: 10/27/22 (I returned mine same day. International sellers hadn't sent theirs back until sometime after 11/9)
Closing: 11/16
Deed recorded: 11/16
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 11/29
Points in account: 11/29 (called & spoke with Raven @ DVC - she was super helpful at getting my contract to show in my account after getting an email with my club id on 11/29)

Days Total: 60

So happy to have this one wrapped up:}

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 10/06/22
Offer accepted:10/07/22
Sent to ROFR: 10/14/22
Passed ROFR: 11/04/22 (After hours)
Closing docs received: 11/14/22
Closing docs returned: 11/21/22
Closing: 11/29/22
Deed recorded: 11/29/22
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 54 Days

Side note: I have had nothing but great communication from First American Title. My escrow agent has been on the ball the entire time. Fidelity was also quick to respond when needed.

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow (Cammy)
Offer made: 8/21/2022
Offer accepted: 8/23/2022
Sent to ROFR: 8/25/2022
Passed ROFR: 9/19/2022
Closing docs received: 9/20/2022
Closing docs returned (buyer): 9/21/2022
Closing docs returned (seller): ???? (Had to wait for notary appointment in Japan on 10/18/2022)
Funds sent: 9/21/2022
Closing: 10/28/2022
Deed recorded: 10/31/2022
Contract Showing on Membership: 11/20/2022
Points in account: 11/29/2022 (Via Chat)

Days Total: 101

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: First American Title Ins. Co.
Offer made: 10/19
Offer accepted: 10/19
Sent to ROFR: 10/21
Passed ROFR: 11/10
Closing docs received: 11/16
Closing docs returned: 11/16 (Seller-11/21)
Closing: 11/28
Deed recorded: 11/28
Points in account:

Days Total:

Second contract in the books ✅
Home resort: SSR
Broker: fidelityrealestate.com
Title company: first American
Offer made: 9/26
Offer accepted: 9/26
Sent to ROFR: 10/3
Passed ROFR: 10/26
Closing docs received: 11/9
Closing docs returned: 11/9
Closing: 11/16
Contract showing: unsure, I didn’t receive an email it just appeared in my existing account
Points in account: 11/30

Days total- 66

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: https://*************.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 10/7
Sent to ROFR: 10/9
Closing docs received: 11/7
Closing docs returned (buyer): 11/9
Closing funds sent: 11/9
Deed recorded: 11/15
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 11/30
Points in account:

Days Total:

No luck adding points via chat. I was told to check with title company to make sure they submitted. Of course they submitted the contract is showing on my account.

It would still show up since you are the owner of both. What you might want to do though is contact MA and make sure they have your current membership number so it doesn’t get put into a new one.

However, all That you own shows up on the same dashboard in your account. I have three memberships and I still see them all in the same DVC online account.

I sent an email to MA last week and got a response today saying to call MS to get them to re-send me an activation code email. But it turned out when I called that the new contract was already reflected on my membership, I just didn't realize it (I thought I would have 2 member ID's showing on the dashboard). MS just had to load the points, which they were able to do for me after a brief hold.

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/ DVC store (won't let me post link) - (Scot)
Title Company: Mason (Marcelo)
Offer made: 10/2/22
Offer accepted: 10/2/22
Sent to ROFR: 10/3/22
Passed ROFR: 10/26/22
Closing docs received: 10/27/22
Closing docs returned (buyer): 10/27/22
Closing docs returned (seller): 10/31/22
Funds sent: 11/2/22
Closing: 11/4/22
Deed recorded: 11/4
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 11/23? this was the date that I received the Welcome Home email with Club ID...
Points in account: 11/30 (called MS)

Days Total: 59

Last edited by a moderator:
Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: https://*************.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 10/7
Sent to ROFR: 10/9
Closing docs received: 11/7
Closing docs returned (buyer): 11/9
Closing funds sent: 11/9
Deed recorded: 11/15
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 11/30
Points in account:

Days Total:

No luck adding points via chat. I was told to check with title company to make sure they submitted. Of course they submitted the contract is showing on my account.
I would try chat again with another CM, they’re not all created equal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!