Sent to ROFR: Oct 12 3pm
Passed ROFR: Nov 4
Closing docs received: Nov 4
Closing docs returned (buyer): Nov 4
Closing funds sent: Nov 4
Closing docs returned (seller): Nov 7
Closing: Nov 9
Deed recorded: Nov 9
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): Nov 24 (15 days after deed recorded)
Points in account:

Offer Made to Passed ROFR: 24 days
Passed ROFR to Closing: 5 days
Closing to Points in Account:
Days Total:
Update! Just waiting on points!

I forgot to post my final update:

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: https://www.*************.com/
Title Company: Mason (Marcelo)
Offer made: 9/20
Offer accepted: 9/20
Sent to ROFR: 9/21
Passed ROFR: 10/8
Closing docs received: 10/13
Closing docs returned (buyer): 10/14
Closing docs returned (seller): 10/28
Closing funds sent: 10/28
Closing: 11/2
Deed recorded: 11/3
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 11/22
Points in account: 11/23 (called MS)

Days Total: 65

Just a gentle reminder that the boards rules require a link be posted for the brokers.

If you include just the name, you risk having the post deleted and have to do it all again.

Thank you.
Hi! I had a lot of issues getting my original post to post, and now cannot update via an edit, a reply, or a new post - with or without a quote. Can you help?

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 09/12
Offer accepted: 09/12
Sent to ROFR: 09/20
Passed ROFR: 10/10
Closing docs received: 10/11
Closing docs returned(buyer): 10/12
Closing funds sent: 10/18
Closing docs returned(seller): 11/02
Closing: 11/03
Deed recorded: 11/04
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 11/22
Points in account: 11/25(via chat)

Days Total: 74

Final update:

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: https://www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy)
Offer made: Oct 11
Offer accepted: Oct 11
Signed Buyer: Oct 11
Signed Seller: Oct 12
Sent to ROFR: Oct 12 3pm
Passed ROFR: Nov 4
Closing docs received: Nov 4
Closing docs returned (buyer): Nov 4
Closing funds sent: Nov 4
Closing docs returned (seller): Nov 7
Closing: Nov 9
Deed recorded: Nov 9
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): Nov 24 (15 days after deed recorded)
Points in account: Nov 25 (via chat)

Offer Made to Passed ROFR: 24 days
Passed ROFR to Closing: 5 days
Closing to Points in Account: 16 days
Days Total: 45!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn’t prepared for the deed recording to be a several day wait. I know there was a holiday, but it was sent over before 5pm on Tuesday. 😭

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://*******.com/
Title Company: TRCS, In
Offer made: 4/8
Offer accepted: 4/11
Sent to ROFR: 4/13
Passed ROFR: 5/5
Wait for the Delayed Closing Date of at least 10/31
Closing docs received: 10/20
Closing docs returned (buyer): 10/21 (had to resend 10/24 as did not open for the closing company)
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing: ?
Deed recorded: 11/1
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

So, I have not been notified that my contract closed or that the deed was recorded, but when I checked the comptroller site, it shows as recorded as of 11/1, so I guess it did close on 10/31 as expected. Will add that info if I get it. I am not in a rush for the points for 2023 so I will just let the contract take its time loading to my member ID.

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://*******.com/
Title Company: TRCS, In
Offer made: 4/8
Offer accepted: 4/11
Sent to ROFR: 4/13
Passed ROFR: 5/5
Wait for the Delayed Closing Date of at least 10/31
Closing docs received: 10/20
Closing docs returned (buyer): 10/21 (had to resend 10/24 as did not open for the closing company)
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing: ?
Deed recorded: 11/1
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): sometime between 11/23 and 11/25
Points in account:

I am not 100% sure when the contract was added as it was not there on the morning of 11/23 but was yesterday, so it was added at some point. I don’t need the points right away and will most likely be banking them so can wait for them to load.

Home Resort: Riviera Resort
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com (JP)
Title Company: Mason Title (Marcelo)
Offer made: 10/8
Offer accepted: 10/8
Sent to ROFR: 10/8
Passed ROFR: 11/3
Closing docs received: 11/4
Closing docs returned (buyer): 11/4
Closing funds sent: 11/4
Closing docs returned (seller): sent 11/8, received 11/11 (Tropical Storm Nicole Delay)
Closing: 11/14
Deed recorded: 11/14
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 11/25
Points in account: 11/26 (MS Chat)

Days Total: 50 Days

Even with a hurricane, we hit 50 days. Kudos to JP and Marcelo who both made the process quick and painless.

If I am an existing member, do I still need to wait for 2 emails with a club ID and activation code in order to add my new membership? I closed in early November and received a welcome home email earlier this week containing a club ID. Just wondering if I need to follow up or if the new membership will just show up in my account eventually.

If I am an existing member, do I still need to wait for 2 emails with a club ID and activation code in order to add my new membership? I closed in early November and received a welcome home email earlier this week containing a club ID. Just wondering if I need to follow up or if the new membership will just show up in my account eventually.

It should show up on your dashboard.

I think Sandisw is right. That said, I'm in the same boat and was told that so long as you gave your existing membership # (and all of your personal details are the same) to your agent, the new contract will be added to your dashboard automatically. My deed was done on 11/16 and I just checked my dashboard today to see if my new contract came through. Got a little spooked because the screen was different - because it was a pic of our new resort (YAY). It also said 0 points. Boo. Will ask for points via chat tomorrow. In any case, yes, it showed up in my dashboard without me doing anything. I did not, however, receive a welcome email.

I think Sandisw is right. That said, I'm in the same boat and was told that so long as you gave your existing membership # (and all of your personal details are the same) to your agent, the new contract will be added to your dashboard automatically. My deed was done on 11/16 and I just checked my dashboard today to see if my new contract came through. Got a little spooked because the screen was different - because it was a pic of our new resort (YAY). It also said 0 points. Boo. Will ask for points via chat tomorrow. In any case, yes, it showed up in my dashboard without me doing anything. I did not, however, receive a welcome email.
Interesting, I might actually be in grey area then because at the time we put in the offer on the resale contract we were not members yet so I never gave my member ID to our broker. We bought a direct contract about a week into our ROFR wait. Maybe because of this I would still be treated like a new membership and I would need both emails?

Interesting, I might actually be in grey area then because at the time we put in the offer on the resale contract we were not members yet so I never gave my member ID to our broker. We bought a direct contract about a week into our ROFR wait. Maybe because of this I would still be treated like a new membership and I would need both emails?
I did the same, I bought directly during the ROFR period on my 2 resale contracts and it actually took longer since they had to call the title company and redo the contracts with my name ( middle initial vs full middle name) when they found I had a direct contract.

It would still show up since you are the owner of both. What you might want to do though is contact MA and make sure they have your current membership number so it doesn’t get put into a new one.

However, all That you own shows up on the same dashboard in your account. I have three memberships and I still see them all in the same DVC online account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!