Closing Time!

Is the number you call to have the points added to your account just the regular DVC number? I called (I have my membership #) however they kind of gave the impression I had to wait.

I'm thinking it may have been because of the hurricane so I didn't really want to push it, I'm assuming they're really busy with that.

MS is the one who does load the points but not everyone will get it pushed through.

I am sure that right now, they have all hands on deck to deal with things related to people having to cancel.

MS is the one who does load the points but not everyone will get it pushed through.

I am sure that right now, they have all hands on deck to deal with things related to people having to cancel.
Right. My daughter's email address had a typo on our new contract membership information. We got it straightened out, but needs to get a new activation code by calling MS. They have a message when you call that directs anything not directly related to immediate arrivals and departures to call back in a few days.

No big deal. I'm glad they are trying to prioritize those with the most urgent needs.

Right. My daughter's email address had a typo on our new contract membership information. We got it straightened out, but needs to get a new activation code by calling MS. They have a message when you call that directs anything not directly related to immediate arrivals and departures to call back in a few days.

No big deal. I'm glad they are trying to prioritize those with the most urgent needs.
Agreed.

If I can get points loaded before November, I'm good with that. :hourglass

I'd like to upgrade our June 1 vacation.

Contract 1:

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 7/12/22
Offer accepted: 7/12/22
Sent to ROFR: 7/13/22
Passed ROFR: 8/11/22 (29 days)
Closing docs received: 8/11/22
Closing docs returned: 8/19/22
Closing: 8/29/22
Deed recorded: 8/30/22
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 9/16/22
Points in account: noticed them 9/19, could have been sooner

Days Total: 69

Contract 2:

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Offer made: 7/19/22
Offer accepted: 7/19/22
Sent to ROFR: 7/19/22
Passed ROFR: 8/15/22 (27 days)
Closing docs received: 8/16/22
Closing docs returned: 8/24/22
Closing: 8/29/22
Deed recorded: 8/30/22
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 9/16/22
Points in account: noticed them 9/19, could have been sooner

Days Total: 62
updated, not bad!

Does anyone know if points are just loaded during random times through out the day, or is it only possible one time of day (like the morning).

Just wondering if all my checking is a waste of time, lol.

Talking about full experience... My adventure started in July. I got my contract added to my account yesterday and I tried the chat today...

Me: Hi! I got a new contract added yesterday, but I'm missing the points. Is there any chance you could help me?
CM: Congratulations! It takes on average 6-8 weeks to transfer the points.
Me: Ouch! Thank you!
CM: You can try again in 7 days and maybe we can expedite it.

Question for the board members who got their points right away via chat: was your approach different than mine? I'm trying to find out if I need to find another CM or if I need to elaborate a sobbing story with plenty of begging phrases. Or both. 😀

Talking about full experience... My adventure started in July. I got my contract added to my account yesterday and I tried the chat today...

Me: Hi! I got a new contract added yesterday, but I'm missing the points. Is there any chance you could help me?

Question for the board members who got their points right away via chat: was your approach different than mine? I'm trying to find out if I need to find another CM or if I need to elaborate a sobbing story with plenty of begging phrases. Or both. 😀
I don’t bother trying with chat. I call and so far, they’ve added my points. I may wait on hold for 20-30 minutes but it’s worth it.

Try this: I need the points loaded so I can book a vacation, it's urgent. You can even book it for real, then cancel it later if you don't want it.

I just told them that I had a new membership that is showing on my account, but that the points weren't showing. They took it from there and loaded my points. It was 2 days after the contract loaded to my account.

Home Resort: Vero Beach
Broker:
Offer made: 8/25/12
Offer accepted: 8/26/22
Sent to ROFR: 8/30/22
Passed ROFR: 9/15/22
Closing docs received: 9/19/22
Closing docs returned: 9/20/22
Closing: 9/27/22
Deed recorded: 9/27/22 (***for any VB folks. Don't be goofy like me and continuously check the orange county comptroller.. it won't be there! 😂)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

&

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker:
Offer made: 9/8/22
Offer accepted: 9/8/22
Sent to ROFR: 9/9/22
Passed ROFR: 9/27/22
Closing docs received: 9/27/22
Closing docs returned: 9/28/22
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Updated info! Very curious how all of this will pan out given the storm, if it will delay things or not!

Updated info! Very curious how all of this will pan out given the storm, if it will delay things or not!

Same. My deed was recorded 3 weeks ago tomorrow so I should get my email any day now. On one hand, I really want my login info and points and am so excited to book my first trip but I know that the people doing the work may have more important things going on at the moment. Hopefully the DVC staff and their families are dry and safe. I’m off today and tomorrow but have accepted there’s probably some delay (I’m assuming they didn’t work the 2 days parks were closed, at a minimum) so not really obsessively checking my inbox. Working evening/night shifts Wednesday thru Monday morning so maybe I’ll just wake up to my email one of those days?

I'm sure it will delay things horrendously given that I'm waiting for my contract to load and everything with my particular resale has been delayed at every turn! 😂
Day 100 and still counting lol

I’m at 55 and would probably lose my mine before day 100. Hopefully it’s close for you! I said I’d love to have my points by my birthday (10/17) and I think that’s still realistic. As long as I can book for W&D 2023 in December I’m good.

ETA: Just got the activation code sent 5 minutes ago! Hopefully the club ID will come soon?

Update. Will probably call on Wednesday to see if I can get the points added to go ahead and book something for the summer or get my extra points rented out.

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason (Cammy)
Offer made: 8/9/22
Offer accepted: 8/9/22
Sent to ROFR: 8/10/22
Passed ROFR: 9/2/22 (Fri late afternoon before Labor Day)
Closing docs received: 9/6/22 (Tues late morning after Labor Day)
Closing docs returned: 9/6/22
Closing: 9/13/22
Deed recorded: 9/13/22
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 10/3/22 (emails came at 8:05p and 9:45p)
Points in account:

Days Total: 55 and counting

UPDATE 2:

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 9/3
Offer accepted: 9/3
Sent to ROFR: 9/3
Passed ROFR: 9/19 (16 days)
Closing docs received (buyer): 9/20
Closing docs returned (buyer): 9/20 (17 days)
Funds sent: 9/20
Closing docs returned (seller): 9/26 (received late due to Hurricane Ian)
Contract Closed: 10/4
Deed recorded: 10/4
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 32

Hey @Stargazer65...my BRV contract is moving along quickly, how's yours going?

Last edited:
Home Resort: BRV
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 9/3
Offer accepted: 9/3
Sent to ROFR: 9/3
Passed ROFR: 9/19 (16 days)
Closing docs received (buyer): 9/20
Closing docs returned (buyer): 9/20 (17 days)
Funds sent: 9/20
Closing docs returned (seller): 9/26 (received late due to Hurricane Ian)
Contract Closed: 10/3
Deed recorded: 10/3
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 32
Why don't you just go ahead and tag me with "Hey @Stargazer65...my BRV contract is moving along quickly, how's yours going?" :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter