Closing Time!

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/8
Offer accepted: 6/8
Sent to ROFR: 6/11 (3 days)
Passed ROFR: 7/14 (33 days)
Closing docs received (buyer): 7/14 (0 days)
Closing docs returned (buyer): 7/15 (1 day)
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Was shocked to get the closing documents the same day as the ROFR waiver!

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

I think they are getting better. I had my closing docs the day it passed ROFR (like hours) and I was shocked. However, my sellers have taken three weeks to get their docs signed so that almost negates the quickness of the closing docs being received on the same day.

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Wow that's crazy!! I emailed them basically beginning them if they could try and expedite it for ours as we had a big time crunch. Thankfully after that they did get then to us otherwise we were told it would have been 3 weeks. Hopefully your sellers are quick to return their docs too. After going through this process twice (technically 3 times but ROFR took our first one) I have learned that resale is not for us. Next time we'll definitely go direct. I thought I was a pretty patient person, but I learned very quickly that I am not an I am a bit of a control freak too. 😅

Home Resort: Polynesian
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: magic vacation title
Offer made: 4/26/22
Offer accepted: 4/26/22
Sent to ROFR: 4/28/22
Passed ROFR: 6/9/22
Closing docs received: 6/16/22
Closing docs returned: 6/16/22
Closing: 6/28/22
Deed recorded: 6/29/22
Points in account:

Days Total:
Day 17… still waiting on these two emails 😫🤦🏼‍♀️😠😭

Home Resort: Grand Floridian
Offer made: 5/11/22
Offer accepted: 5/11/22
Sent to ROFR: 5/12/22
Passed ROFR: 6/2/22
Closing docs received: 6/23/22
Closing docs returned: 6/24/22
Closing: 6/27/22
Deed recorded: 6/28/22
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 7/15/22
Points in account:

Days Total:

I have chatted Member Services today and they said I need to wait another 2 weeks or longer to have the points loaded. I am little confused...when I chatted them last week, they said once the contract shows up in my account (with a zero balance), the points could be added in 3-5 days. But that is not what I heard today...sigh....what's a little more waiting! But I was hoping it could be added via the chat.

Last edited:
Home Resort: Grand Floridian
Offer made: 5/11/22
Offer accepted: 5/11/22
Sent to ROFR: 5/12/22
Passed ROFR: 6/2/22
Closing docs received: 6/23/22
Closing docs returned: 6/24/22
Closing: 6/27/22
Deed recorded: 6/28/22
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/15/22
Points in account:

Days Total:

I have chatted Member Services today and they said I need to wait another 2 weeks or longer to have the points loaded. I am little confused...when I chatted them last week, they said once the contract shows up in my account (with a zero balance), the points could be added in 3-5 days. But that is not what I heard today...sigh....what's a little more waiting! But I was hoping it could be added via the chat.
I would suggest just keep asking them until someone loads your points. Calling MS might give you better luck. It honestly depends on the CM if they'll decide to load your points right then and there or just tell you to wait. I've had them tell me the same thing before that I needed to wait then I just tried calling the next day and a different CM was happy to load my points right then.

I would suggest just keep asking them until someone loads your points. Calling MS might give you better luck. It honestly depends on the CM if they'll decide to load your points right then and there or just tell you to wait. I've had them tell me the same thing before that I needed to wait then I just tried calling the next day and a different CM was happy to load my points right then.
We got the zero point thing on Friday the 8th of July, then had to wait until Tuesday to finally get them loaded. We had better luck with the MS on phone than online chat . The person on the phone was at least willing each time to check with their manager to see if points were there ready to be loaded , but the MS chat person was not and just gave a curt 3-4 WEEK spiel ( and yes I did call almost daily when we saw the contract was there as we were already well into our booking window for the banked points ). Finally on Tuesday they found them and loaded them for us! OP - sending pixie dust your way hoping you get your points loaded ASAP!

We got the zero point thing on Friday the 8th of July, then had to wait until Tuesday to finally get them loaded. We had better luck with the MS on phone than online chat . The person on the phone was at least willing each time to check with their manager to see if points were there ready to be loaded , but the MS chat person was not and just gave a curt 3-4 WEEK spiel ( and yes I did call almost daily when we saw the contract was there as we were already well into our booking window for the banked points ). Finally on Tuesday they found them and loaded them for us! OP - sending pixie dust your way hoping you get your points loaded ASAP!
Thank you so much, yes, I totally agree. At @TerrorPigeon 's suggestion, I called MS yesterday. They kept me on hold for about 30 minutes to see if they could get them loaded but were unable to. They said to give it a day or two and try them back if I don't see them. They were MUCH more gracious on the phone with me than on chat--not that they were unfriendly on chat but simply more unyielding. I explained that I needed the points for a reservation before the rooms sell out but they did not care via chat. Thanks so much and fingers crossed for some points soon! :-)

Home Resort: Polynesian
Broker: www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 6/9/22
Offer accepted: 6/9/22
Sent to ROFR: 6/10/22
Passed ROFR: 7/5/22
Closing docs received: 7/8/22
Closing docs returned: Buyer 7/8/22, Seller still waiting
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

I received my access code mail on Saturday but still haven't gotten my member id email to set up my account. I'M DYING OVER HERE DVC!!!
13 days from closing to email seems pretty darned fast these days, especially for a new member. Just a few months ago, when things were flying through ROFR, it was still taking +/- 20 days for a contract to show up for existing members.

Doesn't make the wait any less painful though.

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 5/13/2022
Offer accepted: 5/13/2022 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 5/14/2022 (1 days)
Passed ROFR: 6/8/2022 (26 days)
Closing docs received: 06/08/2022 (26 days)
Closing docs returned: 06/08/2022 (26 days)
Funds sent: 6/10/22 (28 days)
Closing: 6/16/22 (34 days)
Deed recorded: 6/16/22 (34 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 7/1/22 (49 days)
Points in account: 7/18/22 (66 days)

Finally managed to get the points loaded into my DVC account! So total transaction time from offer to accessing points - 66 days!!!

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 5/12/2022
Offer accepted: 5/12/2022 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 5/12/2022 (0 days)
Passed ROFR: 6/15/2022 (34 days)
Closing docs received: 06/16/2022 (35 days)
Closing docs returned: 06/16/2022 (35 days)
Funds sent: 6/16/22 (35 days)
Closing: 7/15/22 (64 days)
Deed recorded: 7/18/22 (67 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

And finally this one has closed!! International seller so took ages for them to get the paperwork notarized!!! So now the long wait for the contract to show up on my membership and then the points to appear!!

I am on day 22 after closing and still waiting for Disneys welcome email. Is there anyway I can speed this up? haha

I received my access code mail on Saturday but still haven't gotten my member id email to set up my account. I'M DYING OVER HERE DVC!!!
I would give them a call. I received my access code last Monday and my member id 2 hours later. My broker did say it could take a couple additional days before you receive the member ID.

Update:

Home Resort: SSR
Offer made: 6/8/22
Offer accepted: 6/8/22
Sent to ROFR: 6/9/22
Passed ROFR: 7/7/22
Estoppel received: 7/7/22
Closing docs received: 7/18/22
Closing docs returned buyer: 7/18/22
Closing docs returned seller:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Total Days: 40 so far

Now my part is done. I'm in the hands of the seller and then Disney now.

I got my e-mail on Saturday as well, thought it was strange because it came at 10 pm CST. I thought my member ID would come a few hours later, but never did. I tried chatting them to get it and they said Member Administration needs to issue it. Sent them an inquiry yesterday via e-mail and haven't received it yet. So I am in the same boat as you.

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 6/12/22
Offer accepted: 6/13/22 (1 Day)
Sent to ROFR: 6/14/22 (2 days)
Passed ROFR: 7/14/22 (32 days)
Closing docs received: 7/14/22 (32 days)
Closing docs returned: Buyer 7/19/22 (37 days) Seller 7/21/22 (39 days)
Closing: 7/21/22
Deed recorded: 7/22/22 (40 days)
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!