Closing Time!

To clarify, does it matter if my only contract is via resale? Im an existing member via resale, then I begin to acquire small contracts with the same UY as my original resale contract?
You are now deemed a member so can buy direct at 'Existing Member' prices.

Our first DVC Contract just passed ROFR! Excited to move over to this thread and hoping for a quick (relatively) completion of the process.

Home Resort: Polynesian
Broker: www.*************.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 5/28
Offer accepted: 5/28
Sent to ROFR: 5/28
Passed ROFR: 6/22
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

You are now deemed a member so can buy direct at 'Existing Member' prices.
Ok great! Another question, is blue card 150 or 175pts currently? We have 125pts, so if I’m understanding correctly we could buy 25-50pts direct and that would give us all the blue card benefits? Thanks for your patience and insight!

Ok great! Another question, is blue card 150 or 175pts currently? We have 125pts, so if I’m understanding correctly we could buy 25-50pts direct and that would give us all the blue card benefits? Thanks for your patience and insight!
You currently need 150 points direct for the blue card. If your current 125 points are from resale, you'll need to purchase another 150 points direct from Disney to get the blue card benefits.

Since you are an existing member, Disney won't require you to purchase the 150 points in one go. You could "add-on" with three separate direct purchases of 50 points, for example. (I'm not sure what happens if Disney raises the "blue card" direct minimum point requirement in the future though.)

Edit: If your current 125 points are direct, I think adding on the 25 points direct from Disney should get you there.

You currently need 150 points direct for the blue card. If your current 125 points are from resale, you'll need to purchase another 150 points direct from Disney to get the blue card benefits.

Since you are an existing member, Disney won't require you to purchase the 150 points in one go. You could "add-on" with three separate direct purchases of 50 points, for example. (I'm not sure what happens if Disney raises the "blue card" direct minimum point requirement in the future though.)

Edit: If your current 125 points are direct, I think adding on the 25 points direct from Disney should get you there.
Thank you! So helpful!

To anyone that may know:

If you are an existing member and you are waiting for Disney to add the new contract (same use year) to your Member ID, does it just show up on the account automatically or will I get the 2 emails with the club ID/activation code? Thanks

To anyone that may know:

If you are an existing member and you are waiting for Disney to add the new contract (same use year) to your Member ID, does it just show up on the account automatically or will I get the 2 emails with the club ID/activation code? Thanks
You get a "Welcome Home to DVC" email from them when the contract is loaded onto your account. The only email I got was the Club ID one and then after waiting 24 hours, I messaged them via chat to get the points loaded. Of course, you can wait it out that part as well. I am just impatient.

To anyone that may know:

I haven't always gotten an email when a new contract with the same UY has been loaded. I did get one when I bought a contract with a difference UY at a different resort.

To anyone that may know:

I did not get an email when my new contract (same resort, same use year) loaded. I just happened to notice it show up on my dashboard one day.

I haven't always gotten an email when a new contract with the same UY has been loaded. I did get one when I bought a contract with a difference UY at a different resort.
I did not get an email when my new contract (same resort, same use year) loaded. I just happened to notice it show up on my dashboard one day.
Okay, cool. This was what I was expecting as it didn't make sense I would have to activate anything given the UY. Thank you, guys.

To anyone that may know:

Just shows up, if same use year Just added our second contract that way.

Final Update
Home Resort: Boardwalk
Broker: https://www.**********.com
Title Company: Hayes Title, LLC
Offer made: 3/17/2022
Offer accepted: 3/17/2022
Sent to ROFR: 3/21/2022
Passed ROFR: 4/25/2022
Closing docs received: 5/5/2022
Closing docs returned: 5/9/2022 (buyer and seller)
Closing: ?? Was not told it closed.
Deed recorded: 5/24/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 6/22/22. (I was told the paperwork was electronically sent to DVC on 5/25, however, DVC told me they were not received until 6/8.)
Points in account: 6/24/22 (added via chat)

Days Total:99
I honestly thought I would exceed 100!

Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow Company
Offer made: 5/19/2022
Offer accepted: 5/19/2022
Sent to ROFR: 5/20/2022
Passed ROFR: 6/14/2022
Closing docs received: 6/16/2022
Closing docs returned: 6/16/2022
Closing: 6/23/2022
Deed recorded: 6/24/2022
Points in account:

Days Total:

I will update the post when the transfer is complete! So excited to be part of the DVC family!

Last edited:
Broker: www.*************.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 5/28
Offer accepted: 5/28
Sent to ROFR: 5/28
Passed ROFR: 6/22
Closing docs received: 6/24
Closing docs returned: 6/24
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/16/2022
Offer accepted: 4/16/2022 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 04/17/2022 ( 1 days)
Passed ROFR: 5/17/2022 (issued estoppel also) (30 days)
Closing docs received: 06/03/2022 (17 days)
Closing docs returned: 06/03/2022 (Buyer) (0 days)
Closing: 06/10/2022 (7 days)
Deed recorded: 06/14/2022 (4 Days)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

59 days and counting... the pain :)
Home Resort: BCV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/16/2022
Offer accepted: 4/16/2022 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 04/17/2022 ( 1 days)
Passed ROFR: 5/17/2022 (issued estoppel also) (30 days)
Closing docs received: 06/03/2022 (17 days)
Closing docs returned: 06/03/2022 (Buyer) (0 days)
Closing: 06/10/2022 (7 days)
Deed recorded: 06/14/2022 (4 Days)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 06/26/2022 (12 days)
Points in account: 06/26/2022 (0 days) Used online chat.

71 days total. Finished in significantly less days than anticipated given the issues Magic Vacation Title has been having. So excited to have the 11 month window at BCV :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter