Closing Time!

I sold a contract for the first time and it closed last week but I still see the contract and points when I login. When does that usually disappear? The same time the points show up in buyers account? Seems like a risk for buyers if sellers can still access points but have been paid.

It won't disappear until the transfer actually happens. So, yes, you have to be careful when waiting to sell not to use it by mistake!

It won't disappear until the transfer actually happens. So, yes, you have to be careful when waiting to sell not to use it by mistake!
Exactly! I wish it would disappear so I don’t accidentally use them when trying to book a room.

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/7/2022
Offer accepted: 3/7/2022
Sent to ROFR: 3/8/2022
Passed ROFR: 3/29/2022 (issued estoppel also)
Closing docs received: 4/13/2022
Closing docs returned: 4/15/2022 (Buyer)
Closing: 5/2/2022
Deed recorded: 5/5/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 5/16/2022
Points in account:

Days Total:

My monthly reminder that it is very helpful to use the link to the broker, even if you know it’s allowed, as it helps all new posters to follow that lead.

When unsure which broker it is with the just the name, it ends up deleted. Best to use the link! Thanks all!

My monthly reminder that it is very helpful to use the link to the broker, even if you know it’s allowed, as it helps all new posters to follow that lead.

When unsure which broker it is with the just the name, it ends up deleted. Best to use the link! Thanks all!

Sorry about that. I'll repost after I spam the Tech board so I can put in a link.

I'm purposely not using the chat feature to get points loaded because I want to see how long it takes them to actually complete this process. I find it utterly crazy that it takes as long as it does to add points and contracts to a membership.

I'm purposely not using the chat feature to get points loaded because I want to see how long it takes them to actually complete this process. I find it utterly crazy that it takes as long as it does to add points and contracts to a membership.
You're a savage. I'm chatting them the minute my membership is set up. LOL

Update:

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Mason Title and Escrow
Offer made: 3/15/2022
Offer accepted: 3/16/2022
Sent to ROFR: 3/18/2022
Passed ROFR: 4/6/2022 (estoppel simultaneously)
Closing docs received:4/6/2022
Closing docs returned buyer:4/7/2022
Closing docs returned seller:4/20/2022
Closing:4/25/2022
Deed recorded: 4/26/2022
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/9/2022
Points in account: 5/17/2022

This is the first time we DIDN'T call and push to get pts loaded the moment the contract appeared.

Last edited:
Home Resort: BLT
Offer made: 2/8/2022
Offer accepted: 2/8/2022
Sent to ROFR: 2/13/2022
Passed ROFR: 03/09/2022 (issued estoppel also)
Closing docs received: 3/9/2022
Closing docs returned: 3/10/2022(Buyer)
Closing: 4/13/2022
Deed recorded: 4/14/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

98 days and counting. This is my third resale purchase and this may have cured me from making another.

Last edited:
Time for a phone call
Unfortunately, I’ve already sent an email and called. The email is still awaiting a response, the phone call pointed me back to the broker since the contract isn’t showing in the system yet. Broker confirmed that the transfer info was sent to Disney in 04/14.

Home Resort: SSR
Offer made: 3/7/2022
Offer accepted: 3/7/2022
Sent to ROFR: 3/8/2022
Passed ROFR: 3/29/2022 (issued estoppel also)
Closing docs received: 4/13/2022
Closing docs returned: 4/15/2022 (Buyer)
Closing: 5/2/2022
Deed recorded: 5/5/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 5/16/2022
Points in account: 5/17/2022 (added via chat)

Days Total: 71

Unfortunately, I’ve already sent an email and called. The email is still awaiting a response, the phone call pointed me back to the broker since the contract isn’t showing in the system yet. Broker confirmed that the transfer info was sent to Disney in 04/14.
Something definitely is not right. You should have been showing by now.

Any chance the name(s) on the deed are not exactly the same as your existent membership?

Any chance the name(s) on the deed are not exactly the same as your existent membership?
Same. I have three existing contracts on the membership, same names listed on this new one as well.

Called again, they are telling me that it’s 4-6 weeks (currently at 5 weeks) so I should give it another week.

Update:

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Mason Title and Escrow
Offer made: 3/15/2022
Offer accepted: 3/16/2022
Sent to ROFR: 3/18/2022
Passed ROFR: 4/6/2022 (estoppel simultaneously)
Closing docs received:4/6/2022
Closing docs returned buyer:4/7/2022
Closing docs returned seller:4/20/2022
Closing:4/25/2022
Deed recorded: 4/26/2022
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/9/2022
Points in account: 5/17/2022

This is the first time we DIDN'T call and push to get pts loaded the moment the contract appeared.
Same broker. Same title company. Same resort. Same day on membership. Still no points. I'm fine with playing chicken with these guys since I don't need to points now but it is beyond me how the points aren't confirmed when the contract is added. No way there isn't an IT fix for this.

Last edited:
Home Resort: BCV
Offer made: 4/16/2022
Offer accepted: 4/16/2022
Sent to ROFR: 4/17/2022
Passed ROFR: 5/17/2022 (issued estoppel also)
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

2-Months ago I had a contract go 59 days (offer to points in account). This one is gonna be 75+. Just makes zero sense that this cannot be sped up. In my ROFR email they are saying 21 business days to get the closing docs? How is that even possible? Lol. The docs should have been prepared after we paid the deposit and ready to go. It is just a template!

Last edited:
Home Resort: BCV
Offer made: 4/16/2022
Offer accepted: 4/16/2022
Sent to ROFR: 5/17/2022
Passed ROFR: 5/18/2022 (issued estoppel also)
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

2-Months ago I had a contract go 59 days (offer to points in account). This one is gonna be 75+. Just makes zero sense that this cannot be sped up. In my ROFR email they are saying 21 business days to get the closing docs? How is that even possible? Lol. The docs should have been prepared after we paid the deposit and ready to go. It is just a template!
I have come to realize the DVC resale industry does not have the same level of customer service as other real estate.... It sort of feels like it's just a part-time thing or secondary... I know that's not the case for all of them for sure.... but my experience has been very underwhelming... and it has nothing to do with the ROFR process or the timelines but 100% due to the lack of communication or any sense of urgency/accountability. A lot of "soons" and "ASAPs" or very over exaggerated timelines that do not line up with what I'm seeing other people post with their experience... Just tell me what you're going to do and do that.... don't tell me you'll do something and then ghost me for 2 days beyond when you were supposed to do it....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter