Closing Time!

Just received an email from DVC and confirmed my contract was added. Exactly 3 weeks from Closing / Deed recording. No points yet but happy to wait a little longer on that step.
Congrats - this gives me hope its coming soon. Closed 7/26 and deed was recorded on 7/28. First timer here, so VERY anxiously awaiting. We are planning our first trip to our home resort (Poly) for June so well within the window, but hoping to surprise the kids with a shorter trip in January and need to get my waitlist on!

Almost there!!

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: www.*********.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 5/14/21
Offer accepted: 5/14/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/15/21
Passed ROFR: 6/4/21
Closing docs received: 6/25
Closing docs returned buyer: 6/26
Closing docs returned seller: 7/02
Closing: 7/07
Deed recorded: 7/09
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 8/10
Points in account:

It took from 8/1 (when we received the activation email) to 8/10 to receive our Club ID. The wdw.dvc.dvd.resales@email.disney.com didn't respond to either one of our emails trying to get the Club ID sooner. My husband called member administration on 8/9 and was told that they could see our account, but it wasn't complete enough to disclose the Club ID.

Almost there!!

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: www.*********.com
Offer made: 5/14/21
Offer accepted: 5/14/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/15/21
Passed ROFR: 6/4/21
Closing docs received: 6/25
Closing docs returned buyer: 6/26
Closing docs returned seller: 7/02
Closing: 7/07
Deed recorded: 7/09
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 8/10
Points in account:

It took from 8/1 (when we received the activation email) to 8/10 to receive our Club ID. The wdw.dvc.dvd.resales@email.disney.com didn't respond to either one of our emails trying to get the Club ID sooner. My husband called member administration on 8/9 and was told that they could see our account, but it wasn't complete enough to disclose the Club ID.
Woah! They wouldn't respond to my emails either. I tried to call them and they said email was the only way to reach MA.

Woah! They wouldn't respond to my emails either. I tried to call them and they said email was the only way to reach MA.

That's odd. I don't know what number he called exactly, but it sounded like they were able to talk to him about our account. They just couldn't give us any helpful information or move anything long.

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 7/9/221
Offer accepted: 7/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/10/21
Passed ROFR: 8/12/21
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned buyer:
Closing docs returned seller:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

That's odd. I don't know what number he called exactly, but it sounded like they were able to talk to him about our account. They just couldn't give us any helpful information or move anything long.

MS can access information about accounts but can’t do anything with it if MA has not given them all the info,

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: www.********.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/30/21
Offer accepted: 6/30/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/30/21
Passed ROFR: 8/11/21
Closing docs received: 8/11/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 8/11/21
Closing docs returned seller:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 7/2/21
Offer accepted: 7/2/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/7/21
Passed ROFR: 8/10/21
Closing docs received: 8/12/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 8/13/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:
Home Resort: BCV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 7/2/21
Offer accepted: 7/2/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/7/21
Passed ROFR: 7/10/21
Closing docs received: 7/12/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 7/13/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:
Wow! ROFR was only 3 days! How is that possible?

Honestly this is a lesson learned. Clearly there are certain closing agents that are better than others. We actually just called him up and he was able to tell us that we will close today/tomorrow since he received out docs and funds and the sellers docs yesterday. Maybe he's just not great with email. I don't know, but now I know that if I need to ask a question I'm just going to call until I know the deed has been recorded and sent to DVC.
Marcelo was my closing agent and he just wasn’t on top of things. It was a huge hassle. He sent the wrong papers to the lawyers and *I* was doing the communicating between the lawyer and him. Because he dropped the ball, I didn’t close before the shutdown - and even after things opened up, I had to chase him to get the closing finalized.

In the past, I always had Cammy, and she was *amazing

In theory I’m just waiting on DVC at this point. The title company said it was all sent over on 7/21. However, the deed is still not showing recorded online.

Also, the $25 e-gift card the broker said they’d send me as an apology for the issues? That was on 7/13 and as of the morning of 8/6, I still don’t have it.

I got a fantastic deal, don’t get me wrong. But this is reminding me why it’s so much easier/nicer/smoother to go direct, and I have to keep reminding myself that I saved a lot of money. Even if I did spend that money a couple of months ago and have nothing to show for it yet. I still have a month till the 7 month window at HHI over Easter, so I confess I’m getting a little anxious to get my points before the window closes. Up to 84 days and counting…

Yesterday was my 3 week mark since DVC confirmed they had received my closing docs from the agent on that date, and the contract is still not yet appearing in my account.

The deed is also not showing recorded on the Beaufort county registry of deeds, though I did see the copy of the closing document stamped by the county so hopefully I am all set?

Yesterday was my 3 week mark since DVC confirmed they had received my closing docs from the agent on that date, and the contract is still not yet appearing in my account.

The deed is also not showing recorded on the Beaufort county registry of deeds, though I did see the copy of the closing document stamped by the county so hopefully I am all set?

The BLT I sold that MA confirmed was received 7/21 is still in my account this morning so those buyers are still waiting.

Based on timeline, I think I won’t see my RIV contract for another 2 weeks, which will put it at a month.

Marcelo was my closing agent and he just wasn’t on top of things. It was a huge hassle. He sent the wrong papers to the lawyers and *I* was doing the communicating between the lawyer and him. Because he dropped the ball, I didn’t close before the shutdown - and even after things opened up, I had to chase him to get the closing finalized.

In the past, I always had Cammy, and she was *amazing
Ugh that's beyond frustrating! He finally got his act together after we got him on the phone and basically called him out on not answer questions that we had via email (even when his emails that he send, that are probably automated at that, all mention that if you have any questions to contact him).

The BLT I sold that MA confirmed was received 7/21 is still in my account this morning so those buyers are still waiting.

Based on timeline, I think I won’t see my RIV contract for another 2 weeks, which will put it at a month.
Their 7/21 pile must be HUGE!

Their 7/21 pile must be HUGE!

It has to be because they couldn’t close that contract until the 21st due to the shut down. We had everything done and ready to go about 5 days earlier.

My title agent said Disney was not accepting anything new until the 21st. So, I bet a lot of contracts went over right after they opened up again.

It has to be because they couldn’t close that contract until the 21st due to the shut down. We had everything done and ready to go about 5 days earlier.

My title agent said Disney was not accepting anything new until the 21st. So, I bet a lot of contracts went over right after they opened up again.

Same here. Ours went over on 7/22 and after my borderline "harassment" I finally received a response from DVC yesterday that it is taking 3-4 weeks from receipt for these to process. So I have about one more week to wait (finger crossed)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter