Passed ROFR: 6/30
Closing docs received: 7/12
Closing docs returned: 7/16
Closing: 7/23
Deed recorded: 7/26
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update: I was thankful to hear from the title company that they received the seller's docs. YAY! Unfortunately, it was past the deadline to wire the funds today, so it's all set up for tomorrow. I can't wait for this to close & officially be part of DVC - the entire process is so stressful!

Home: Aulani
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 6/17/21
Offer accepted: 6/17/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/18/21
Passed ROFR: 7/11/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 7/27/21
Closing docs returned: 7/29/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/2/21
Funds Wired: 8/3/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: June10
Offer accepted: June 10
Sent to ROFR: June 14
Passed ROFR: June 30
Estoppel received: July 8
Closing docs received: July 16
Closing docs returned: July 16
Funds wired: July 19
Sellers closing docs returned: July 26
Closing: July 27
Deed recorded: July 28
Membership created & contract showing:
Points in account:

Last edited:

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/19/21
Offer accepted: 6/20/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/25/21
Passed ROFR: 7/30/21
Closing docs received: 8/3/21
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Has anyone had their contract show up after the shutdown? Just wondering how far behind they are.

I was informed today that one of our sellers forgot to get a notary 😮‍💨 we were hoping to close by tomorrow to get the member incentives for a RIV purchase. It doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/01/21
Offer accepted: 6/01/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/07/21
Passed ROFR: 6/30/21
Estoppel received: 7/1/21
Closing docs received: 7/7/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 7/9/21 (with a cashier's check)
Closing docs returned seller: 8/2/21 retuned but missing a notary. Waiting for new docs now.
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Has anyone had their contract show up after the shutdown? Just wondering how far behind they are.

Our deed was recorded on 7/9. We got the activation email on 8/1, but we still haven't received our member number in order to activate.

Updated: Got the closing email yesterday afternoon after reaching out again for an update. Deed not yet recorded, and now just waiting for contract to appear!
On the plus side, the broker said they will be sending me a $25 Disney Giftcard as an apology for the issues with the title company and lawyer actually completing the closing on time.

Home: HHI
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 5/14/2021
Offer accepted: 5/15/2021 (1 day)
Sent to ROFR: 5/20/2021 (5 days)
Passed ROFR: 6/10/2021 (21 days)
Estoppel Received: 6/25/2021 ? (15 days)
Closing docs received: 6/25/2021 (15 days)
Closing docs returned: 6/26/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/28/2021 (3 days from closing docs received)
Paid Final Payment: 6/28/2021
Closing: 7/21/2021 Was supposed to be 7/2 (26 days from closing docs received)
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 68 days and counting...
offer to ROFR Passing: 21 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 41 days
Closing to Points in Account: 1 day and counting...
In theory I’m just waiting on DVC at this point. The title company said it was all sent over on 7/21. However, the deed is still not showing recorded online.

Also, the $25 e-gift card the broker said they’d send me as an apology for the issues? That was on 7/13 and as of the morning of 8/6, I still don’t have it.

I got a fantastic deal, don’t get me wrong. But this is reminding me why it’s so much easier/nicer/smoother to go direct, and I have to keep reminding myself that I saved a lot of money. Even if I did spend that money a couple of months ago and have nothing to show for it yet. I still have a month till the 7 month window at HHI over Easter, so I confess I’m getting a little anxious to get my points before the window closes. Up to 84 days and counting…

In theory I’m just waiting on DVC at this point. The title company said it was all sent over on 7/21. However, the deed is still not showing recorded online.

Also, the $25 e-gift card the broker said they’d send me as an apology for the issues? That was on 7/13 and as of the morning of 8/6, I still don’t have it.

I got a fantastic deal, don’t get me wrong. But this is reminding me why it’s so much easier/nicer/smoother to go direct, and I have to keep reminding myself that I saved a lot of money. Even if I did spend that money a couple of months ago and have nothing to show for it yet. I still have a month till the 7 month window at HHI over Easter, so I confess I’m getting a little anxious to get my points before the window closes. Up to 84 days and counting…

So sorry. I just got a response from MA and they are saying 2 to 3 weeks to transfer the contract. They got documents 7/26 so I am looking at another week and then 7 to 10 days for points. In reality, not any quicker than last summer.

The only plus is I have the room reserved with SSR points to swap to the RIV when they load.

So sorry. I just got a response from MA and they are saying 2 to 3 weeks to transfer the contract. They got documents 7/26 so I am looking at another week and then 7 to 10 days for points. In reality, not any quicker than last summer.

The only plus is I have the room reserved with SSR points to swap to the RIV when they load.

Man…I’m never going to get my points if this is the snail’s pace these things are moving.

Home: CCV
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 4/15/2021
Offer accepted: 4/21/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/21/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/10/2021
Estoppel Received: 6/10/2021
Closing docs received: 6/11/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/14/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 7/9/2021(last of the three sellers to return)
Closing: 7/29/2021
Deed recorded: 7/29/21
Points in account:

Closing question....so we got our closing docs via Docusign since we aren't financing. I told the closing agent that we will wire once we know that they have received the seller's docs. They replied back saying that their docs are en route via FedEx. Should I still insist on confirmation that they have those docs in hand or would you just go ahead and wire knowing that the docs are on their way?

I wired the Monday following our docs received/signed on previous Friday since we missed the wire cut off time.

That was in the beginning of June. Our sellers (same thing, needed to be fedexed, and there were three of them) took over a month to return their documents leaving us in the middle of the shutdown. We just closed and now, because of the back lot caused by the shut down in July, I doubt we will see the points before September.

iI would wait to wire until you had a definitive closing date and confirmation that the packet has been received.

Home Resort: Vero Beach
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magical Vacation Title
Offer made: May 25, 2021
Offer accepted: May 26, 2021
Sent to ROFR: , May 28 2021
Passed ROFR: June 22, 2021
Closing docs received: July 14th, 2021
Closing docs returned: July 20, 2021
Closing: July 31, 2021
Deed recorded: August 2, 2021
Points in account:

Days Total:

Closing question....so we got our closing docs via Docusign since we aren't financing. I told the closing agent that we will wire once we know that they have received the seller's docs. They replied back saying that their docs are en route via FedEx. Should I still insist on confirmation that they have those docs in hand or would you just go ahead and wire knowing that the docs are on their way?

I’ve always been fine wiring as long as I’ve had an ETA on the seller’s closing docs. This time around everything happened way faster than I expected, so I kinda felt like I was scrambling to send my wire this morning after hearing from Cammy that she’d already received the sellers docs. I definitely never want things held up on my end. I suppose there’s always a chance their paperwork could have mistakes, so really it comes down to what you’re comfortable with doing.

I’ve always been fine wiring as long as I’ve had an ETA on the seller’s closing docs. This time around everything happened way faster than I expected, so I kinda felt like I was scrambling to send my wire this morning after hearing from Cammy that she’d already received the sellers docs. I definitely never want things held up on my end. I suppose there’s always a chance their paperwork could have mistakes, so really it comes down to what you’re comfortable with doing.
Yeah I'm the same way I don't want to be the one that holds things up either

Home: AUL
Broker: http://oceanwind-hawaii.com
Title Company: First American Hawaii
Offer made: 3/15/2021
Offer accepted: 3/18/2021
Sent to ROFR: 3/30/2021
Passed ROFR: 4/22/2021
Estoppel Received: 5/06/2021
Closing docs received: 06/25/2021
Closing docs returned: 07/01/2021
Funds wired: 06/30/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 07/12/2021 (international)
Closing: 08/04/2021?
Deed recorded: 08/05/2021
Points in account:

Total days: 144 and counting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter