Passed ROFR: 6/9/22
Closing docs received: 6/16/22
Closing docs returned: 6/16/22
Closing: 6/28/22
Deed recorded: 6/29/22
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/16/22
Points in account: 7/17/22 (via chat)

Days Total: 84
Updated! Emails came on Saturday night between 7p-10p. Sunday morning I had my points loaded via chat!

Updated! Emails came on Saturday night between 7p-10p. Sunday morning I had my points loaded via chat!
Tomorrow makes a week from when our deed was recorded. Hoping it'll just be another week for our emails and getting our points loaded. Our 7 month window opens this Thursday and we're nervous we won't be able to get anything. At least the borrowing restrictions are gone so we should be able to make something work. Hubby and I at least have a room for Wednesday to Sunday...just need 2 more rooms and 2 more nights 😄

So, quick update on this.

I called yesterday and was told that the broker/closing didn't put my SSN on the contract so my club ID info was being sent via mail. That is mildly frustrating.
That doesn’t make any sense. What does your SSN have to do with how they send the ID? I mean, they already sent you your access code via email, and if they’re sending the ID via snail mail the membership must already set up, right?

That doesn’t make any sense. What does your SSN have to do with how they send the ID? I mean, they already sent you your access code via email, and if they’re sending the ID via snail mail the membership must already set up, right?
I agree. It didn't make any sense to me. The access code was sent via email. And the guy said that it was set up, but because I don't have my club id, or membership id, and there's no SSN tied to the account, there was essentially no way to verify my identity on the phone.

I agree. It didn't make any sense to me. The access code was sent via email. And the guy said that it was set up, but because I don't have my club id, or membership id, and there's no SSN tied to the account, there was essentially no way to verify my identity on the phone.
Still don't understand. I get the whole "what are the last four digits of your SSN" routine to verify identity over the phone, but DVC needs that SSN to set up the membership. They pay property taxes with dues and send out tax documents every year.

Still makes no sense.

Last edited:
So I just got off the phone with Member Services. I called Member Administration and because they were not taking any calls, the system sent me to an overflow at Member Services. The lady tried contacting Member Administration and couldn't get through after waiting 15 -20 minutes herself. She couldn't help me at all because she needed my member ID, which I don't have since I don't have a Club ID to set up my account to go online to get me member ID. They tried looking for me in their system and couldn't find me (just first and last name). She said the only thing that I can do was just send them an e-mail and wait. I did tell her that there were others who got an e-mail over the weekend and have not gotten a club ID to log-in as well and she said it is strange because Member Administration doesn't work on the weekends and close at 5 pm on the weekdays. So I just I am just going to have to wait for either an e-mail that I should have received or wait for MA to e-mail me back.

So I just got off the phone with Member Services. I called Member Administration and because they were not taking any calls, the system sent me to an overflow at Member Services. The lady tried contacting Member Administration and couldn't get through after waiting 15 -20 minutes herself. She couldn't help me at all because she needed my member ID, which I don't have since I don't have a Club ID to set up my account to go online to get me member ID. They tried looking for me in their system and couldn't find me (just first and last name). She said the only thing that I can do was just send them an e-mail and wait. I did tell her that there were others who got an e-mail over the weekend and have not gotten a club ID to log-in as well and she said it is strange because Member Administration doesn't work on the weekends and close at 5 pm on the weekdays. So I just I am just going to have to wait for either an e-mail that I should have received or wait for MA to e-mail me back.
This is how it works. I can attest to that. I can also attest that they will email you back. I sent them emails twice and did get a response. Not necessarily timely but within a week.

Updated Process

Home Resort: Grand Floridian
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: magic vacation title
Offer made: 5/11/22
Offer accepted: 5/11/22
Sent to ROFR: 5/12/22
Passed ROFR: 6/2/22
Closing docs received: 6/23/22
Closing docs returned: 6/24/22
Closing: 6/27/22
Deed recorded: 6/28/22
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 7/15/22
Points in account: 7/20/22 (via chat, after chatting and calling MS several times over the past week)

Days Total: 71 days

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom Villas
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/13/2022
Offer accepted: 6/14/2022 (1 day)
Sent to ROFR: 6/20/2022 (7 days)
Passed ROFR: 7/18/2022 (35 days)
Closing docs received: 7/20/2022 (37 days)
Closing docs returned: Buyer 7/20/2022 (37 days)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update:

Home Resort: SSR
Offer made: 6/8/22
Offer accepted: 6/8/22
Sent to ROFR: 6/9/22
Passed ROFR: 7/7/22
Estoppel received: 7/7/22
Closing docs received: 7/18/22
Closing docs returned buyer: 7/18/22
Closing docs returned seller: ???
Closing: 7/21/22
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Total Days: 43 so far

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: Derek Deboer @ www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 3/30/22
Offer accepted: 3/31/22
Sent to ROFR: 4/1/22
Passed ROFR: 4/28/22
Estoppel received: 4/28/22
Closing docs received: 5/24/22
Closing docs returned buyer: 6/3/22
Closing docs returned seller: 6/3/22
Closing: 6/16/22
Deed recorded: 6/30/22
Contract Showing on Membership: 7/6/22
Points in account: still waiting

How do you grease up chat??? I have emailed chat twice this week and this is what I have got back...

"I checked and we regretfully do not have the Vacation Points available to be added today. After conferring with another team here at Member Services, my recommendation is to check back with our offices on Sunday or Monday for updates."

and

"It can take a full 4 to 6 weeks for Vacation Points to be added to a re-sale contract. We appreciate your patience as it sometimes takes just a little bit."

I would call since you've bombed twice with chat. Either call first thing at 9am or wait until evening when the waits are much lower.

Broker - www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company - TRCS
Sent to ROFR - 5/17
Passed ROFR - 6/8
Elapsed Days (ROFR) ‐ 22 Days
Closing docs received: 6/28
Closing docs returned: 6/30
Deed recorded:
Points in account:
Days Total:

I'm purchasing from an international seller (Japan). When I returned my documents I was informed that I am to wire the money when the documents come in. Today I got the nod to wire the money - about how long should I expect this deal to close from this point?

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 5/29
Offer accepted: 5/30
Sent to ROFR: 5/30
Passed ROFR: 6/27 (29 days)
Closing docs received (buyer): 6/28
Closing docs returned (buyer): 6/29 (1 day)
Closing docs returned (seller): 6/29 (1 day)
Closing: 7/7
Deed recorded: 7/7
Points in account:

Days Total: 40
Up to 15 days now since closing, 55 days total. Got on chat with a MS CM and, after a 5 or so minute hold, I got "At this time, I am not seeing any updates on those points, it could be a few more days, keep an eye on your email for more updates!". Needless to say, I'll give them the weekend, then be on them again Monday.

At least I didn't get: "It can take a full 4 to 6 weeks for Vacation Points to be added to a re-sale contract. We appreciate your patience as it sometimes takes just a little bit."

Home Resort: Polynesian
Broker: dvcstore.com (The Timeshare Store)
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/16/2022
Offer accepted: 6/17/2022
Sent to ROFR: 6/22/2022
Passed ROFR: 7/22/2022
Closing docs received:7/22/22
Closing docs returned:7/25/22 (seller and buyer)
Funds sent: 7/27/22
Closing: 7/29/22
Deed recorded: 7/29/22
Points in account:

Last edited:
Points in account: still waiting

How do you grease up chat??? I have emailed chat twice this week and this is what I have got back...

"I checked and we regretfully do not have the Vacation Points available to be added today. After conferring with another team here at Member Services, my recommendation is to check back with our offices on Sunday or Monday for updates."

and

"It can take a full 4 to 6 weeks for Vacation Points to be added to a re-sale contract. We appreciate your patience as it sometimes takes just a little bit."
I had to call. Chat never worked for me.

*edited: sorry, my phone didn’t update the thread so I thought this was just posted.

I had to send MA an email earlier this week (in the afternoon) and received a reply email early the next morning, so they seem to be pretty speedy this week if that helps at all.

UPDATE

Points in account: 7/25/22

Days total: 117

Didn't have to call - they showed up finally this morning. So if anyone is wondering how long it takes right now without calling/chatting, here ya go.

Hi guys! Haven’t been here in awhile, but I’m excited to be back!! Can never have too many SAP’s!!!

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/15
Offer accepted: 6/15
Sent to ROFR: 6/17
Passed ROFR: 7/25
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter