Closing Time!

I shows up when you are in the website.
Used the chat last night after my contract showed up and they took all my info and came back to me and said I would need to wait 3 more days and to chat back on Friday. I guess this is the way. 😳

Used the chat last night after my contract showed up and they took all my info and came back to me and said I would need to wait 3 more days and to chat back on Friday. I guess this is the way. 😳
I'd try calling today or tomorrow if you need to points; if you don't then try chat again on Friday.

I’m the seller of a contract and buyer hasn’t sent in closing documents in 9 days (ROFR notification was 12 days ago). Typically I see complaints about the seller taking a while but I’m a little concerned there’s an issue with buyer since typically buyers are eager to get ahold of the contract. We’re both domestic. Would you follow-up with the title company or the broker to see if they can check in with buyer? I know they could just be lining up financing but I wouldn’t expect it to take too long to go so.

Thank you.

Home Resort: Polynesian
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: magic vacation title
Offer made: 4/26/22
Offer accepted: 4/26/22
Sent to ROFR: 4/28/22
Passed ROFR: 6/9/22
Closing docs received: 6/16/22
Closing docs returned: 6/16/22
Closing: 6/28/22
Deed recorded: 6/29/22
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/16/22
Points in account: 7/17/22 (via chat)

Days Total: 84

Last edited:
I’m the seller of a contract and buyer hasn’t sent in closing documents in 9 days (ROFR notification was 12 days ago). Typically I see complaints about the seller taking a while but I’m a little concerned there’s an issue with buyer since typically buyers are eager to get ahold of the contract. We’re both domestic. Would you follow-up with the title company or the broker to see if they can check in with buyer? I know they could just be lining up financing but I wouldn’t expect it to take too long to go so.

Thank you.

Yes. I would. At least to let you know what is going on.

Thank you.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. They don't make it very clear that the sooner you get the paperwork done the sooner you close. My wife and I are first time buyers and it showed us with a closing date 30 days after we got the contract. I caught covid and had to wait to have a notary come plus we needed to witnesses which was a pain because we just moved to a new state. I'd give it maybe until the 3rd week

How are so many of you getting your points added through the Chat feature :confused3 My contract closed on June 7th, was recorded on June 10th and showed up in my account on June 24th :goodvibes It is the same home resort, use year and the exact same name. I have tried Chat twice and was told by both that it is taking 4 weeks for points to be added so there is nothing they can do :crazy2:
Update: I took the advice of several posters and called Member Services today :D The wait was under 15minutes and it took a half an hour phone call but my points were successfully loaded when I was on the phone :love:

Home Resort: Old Key West
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: April 10, 2022
Offer accepted: April 11, 2022
Sent to ROFR: April 12, 2022
Passed ROFR: May 5, 2022
Closing docs received: May 27, 2022
Closing docs returned: June 1, 2022
Closing: June 7, 2022
Deed recorded: June 10, 2022
Contract Showing on Membership (same use year): June 24, 2022
Points in account: June 29, 222

Days Total: 81

I wouldn't worry too much about it. They don't make it very clear that the sooner you get the paperwork done the sooner you close. My wife and I are first time buyers and it showed us with a closing date 30 days after we got the contract. I caught covid and had to wait to have a notary come plus we needed to witnesses which was a pain because we just moved to a new state. I'd give it maybe until the 3rd week
Yeah I was thinking that too. New buyers could definitely think closing date is the closing date so no need to pay before. The contract doesn’t really make it clear you can close earlier if you send in documents earlier.

Once the deed is recorded, as a new member the first way we learn that our account has been sent up is by getting an email or regular mail or is there some other way to check the member site?

Thank you! I'm trying to book a night three weeks from now and I'm up against the clock. lol

Once the deed is recorded, as a new member the first way we learn that our account has been sent up is by getting an email or regular mail or is there some other way to check the member site?

Thank you! I'm trying to book a night three weeks from now and I'm up against the clock. lol
You'll get 2 separate emails from member services. Mine took about 4 weeks from when our deed was recorded. Part of that could've been a delay in the title company sending the deed to DVC. I've seen many take about 10 days. There's really no speeding up that process at all. However, as noted in above comments, once you get your account set up you can chat with MS to get your points added. It was 48 hours for me but some have had success at 24 hours after getting your emails.

You'll get 2 separate emails from member services. Mine took about 4 weeks from when our deed was recorded. Part of that could've been a delay in the title company sending the deed to DVC. I've seen many take about 10 days. There's really no speeding up that process at all. However, as noted in above comments, once you get your account set up you can chat with MS to get your points added. It was 48 hours for me but some have had success at 24 hours after getting your emails.
I've struck out on chat after 24hr and 72hr... it's still "in process"

Last edited:
I've struck out on chat after 24hr and 72hr... it's still "in process"
I was told after 72 hours when i tried. When i contacted after 72 hours he said they can't add points they will add within 6 weeks so i just wrote back saying MS said they had the option to add after 72 hours. He said he'd investigate and came back 15 minutes later saying that was right and he had added them.

I just imagine most of the chat people work across divisions and not dvc only or are newer so they don't know and just give the standard script response.

I was told after 72 hours when i tried. When i contacted after 72 hours he said they can't add points they will add within 6 weeks so i just wrote back saying MS said they had the option to add after 72 hours. He said he'd investigate and came back 15 minutes later saying that was right and he had added them.

I just imagine most of the chat people work across divisions and not dvc only or are newer so they don't know and just give the standard script response.
It's because accounts are set up by Member Administration (MA), and chat and calls go to Member Services (MS). MA does say it can take up to 6 weeks to get the account set up (just a CYA estimate to give them plenty of time) and the folks in MS (phone or chat) have no influence over that part of the process. They can't speed it up, or even call over to MA to check on status. Even if you called and asked to be transferred to MA, you wouldn't make any progress.

MS will tell you it takes between 24 and 48 hours after the account is set up by MA before they see it and can request that the points be provisioned. Even then, it requires some additional key strokes by the right person with the right authorization. Once it's in their hands, they can move quickly.

You could get on chat at 8:00 am and the rep could tell you no-go because the account hasn't been set up. MA could set up the account at 8:15, and if you happened to call MS back at 8:30, you might find that the points can be loaded.

At least that's how it's been explained to me...

Last edited:
Home Resort: AKV
Broker: Andy Berry, DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 5/25/2022
Offer accepted: 5/25/2022
Sent to ROFR: 5/26/2022
Passed ROFR: 6/22/2022
Closing docs received: 7/1/2022
Closing docs returned: 7/1/2022
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 38 so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter