Closing Time!

Same here. Ours went over on 7/22 and after my borderline "harassment" I finally received a response from DVC yesterday that it is taking 3-4 weeks from receipt for these to process. So I have about one more week to wait (finger crossed)!
I love how they are telling people different things.

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: ****************.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/28
Offer accepted: 6/29
Sent to ROFR: 6/30
Passed ROFR: 8/4
Closing docs received: 8/11
Closing docs returned: 8/11
Closing: 8/13
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Moving along nicely since passing ROFR!

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: ****************.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/28
Offer accepted: 6/29
Sent to ROFR: 6/30
Passed ROFR: 8/4
Closing docs received: 8/11
Closing docs returned: 8/11
Closing: 8/13
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Moving along nicely since passing ROFR!
Congrats so jealous. I am on a week since paperwork and buyer has not signed. So I wait.

Same here. Ours went over on 7/22 and after my borderline "harassment" I finally received a response from DVC yesterday that it is taking 3-4 weeks from receipt for these to process. So I have about one more week to wait (finger crossed)!
Exact same story here. They replied to an email today. 3-4 weeks.

Exact same story here. They replied to an email today. 3-4 weeks.
At least you guys got a response. I don't even have it in my possession and I already have buyers remorse because of how this whole process has gone. I've bought resale before but they were stripped so there was no rush but this has points expiring at the end of March. I'd like to get more than a day out of it.

At least you guys got a response. I don't even have it in my possession and I already have buyers remorse because of how this whole process has gone. I've bought resale before but they were stripped so there was no rush but this has points expiring at the end of March. I'd like to get more than a day out of it.

Oh this is so sad! Back in the spring, I called Member Services and asked them to add the points to my account. I had to wait on hold for 30 minutes, but they called (Member Administration) and added them. It sounds like the put a stop to doing that.

Oh this is so sad! Back in the spring, I called Member Services and asked them to add the points to my account. I had to wait on hold for 30 minutes, but they called (Member Administration) and added them. It sounds like the put a stop to doing that.

You have to at least have the shell of the contract added to your account before MS could ever get the points added. Many of us are still waiting for that step. But, I too have read that CMs at MS are telling new owners they can no longer do that via a call.

I can understand it given the wait times for other things...of course, I am sure there are some who still get it to happen! Can't say I won't be one of them who will try if after a week the contract shows up I still have no points!!!

Honestly, its why this will most likely be my last resale contract. Direct is just sooo much easier and worth the cost.

My sellers are nowhere to be found one week after documents sent. I feel like backing away after hearing all of this.

My are nowhere to be found one week after documents sent. I feel like backing away after hearing all of this.
My sellers took over a month to send back closing. I was convinced it was because they wanted me to withdraw so they could re list and get a higher price per point since I got in before things went absolutely crazy. We finally closed on 7/29, we ratified in April….certifiable dumpster fire.

Last edited:
I had to email (both resale and member administration) and my broker AND I filled out some online form on the DVC site...I was relentless once my quoted time (17-21 days) had passed. I understand the delay with the shut-down, but it would be nice to have some communication throughout the process. While I saved money vs. buying direct it's still a lot of money to hand over and then not have any idea where your contract is or when you can use it.

You have to at least have the shell of the contract added to your account before MS could ever get the points added. Many of us are still waiting for that step. But, I too have read that CMs at MS are telling new owners they can no longer do that via a call.

I can understand it given the wait times for other things...of course, I am sure there are some who still get it to happen! Can't say I won't be one of them who will try if after a week the contract shows up I still have no points!!!

Honestly, its why this will most likely be my last resale contract. Direct is just sooo much easier and worth the cost.
With the recent increase in direct prices, I agree with you. I bought my Poly resale for $167 in March and sold it for $189 in August. In just 4 months, the price went up significantly. I considered buying direct again, but my goal in selling was to put half of my sales proceeds in savings and to buy a property with a 2042 expiration year. This will be my last resale too.

Updated: Contract appeared today!!
This is taking longer than many of the resales I purchased in 2020 when DVC was mostly shut down!

Home: HHI
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 5/14/2021
Offer accepted: 5/15/2021 (1 day)
Sent to ROFR: 5/20/2021 (5 days)
Passed ROFR: 6/10/2021 (21 days)
Estoppel Received: 6/25/2021 ? (15 days)
Closing docs received: 6/25/2021 (15 days)
Closing docs returned: 6/26/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/28/2021 (3 days from closing docs received)
Paid Final Payment: 6/28/2021
Closing: 7/21/2021 Was supposed to be 7/2 (26 days from closing docs received)
Deed recorded: 7/22/2021 (? The copy I saw says this date but it’s still not appearing in the online deed search for Beaufort County)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 8/14/2021 (24 days)
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 92 days and counting...
offer to ROFR Passing: 21 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 41 days
Closing to Points in Account: 24 days and counting...

This is taking longer than many of the resales I purchased in 2020 when DVC was mostly shut down!

Deed recorded: 7/22/2021 (? The copy I saw says this date but it’s still not appearing in the online deed search for Beaufort County)
Points in account:

This timeline is very similar to ours...we were supposed to close on 7/2 and then could not until 7/21.... didn't actually close until 7/22, but the deed was recorded that same day! The contract showed up this afternoon and now I'm hoping the points are quick to follow!!

One more to go on this one

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: **********
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 6/9/21
Offer accepted: 6/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/10/21
Passed ROFR: 6/30/21
Closing docs received: 7/7/21
Closing docs returned: 7/9/21
Closing: 7/21/21
Deed recorded: 7/22/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 8/14/21
Points in account:

Points in account:

My HHI was recorded the same day. So hopefully mine comes soon.

One more to go on this one

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: **********
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 6/9/21
Offer accepted: 6/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/10/21
Passed ROFR: 6/30/21
Closing docs received: 7/7/21
Closing docs returned: 7/9/21
Closing: 7/21/21
Deed recorded: 7/22/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 8/14/21
Points in account:
Do you get an email telling you the contract has been added? Or does it just show up on the website (And where)? Existing member here. Deed recorded 7/23. Thanks!

Do you get an email telling you the contract has been added? Or does it just show up on the website (And where)? Existing member here. Deed recorded 7/23. Thanks!

You should get an email when it’s added. It will show up Under your membership when you go to the dashboard or vacation points screen.

But, many times if members are anxious, they see it before the email arrives!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter