Closing costs on Direct from DVC purchase?

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
I bought from DVC before they charged closing costs. I think they started charging closing costs 2011?
Anyway, what do closing costs run?
Does anyone have the info, Please?

We're looking into purchasing and we just asked that very question. Our guide said $240. We're looking at 160 points. hth

I was told this week that I should count on paying $98 per 25 points in closingn costs. So a 100 point purchase would be just under $400

We bought a 75 point VGCcontract direct at the end of last year and only paid $20. The total closing cost was $50 but DVC paid $30.

Looking at other replies this seems quite low. Are VGC closing costs less than those in Florida? When we bought BCV in 2003 we didn't have to pay anything:confused3

Our guide sent the BWV incentive sheet from the recent webinar and along the bottom it's says the closing costs estimates - basically seems line a $1 pp.

We JUST purchased 220 points AKV. We are just waiting on the closing. The closing costs for us were $653.

We JUST purchased 220 points AKV. We are just waiting on the closing. The closing costs for us were $653.

That seems high. Disney was really doing us a favor when they paid the closing costs!

That seems VERY high. We just bought 50 points direct and our closing costs were around $100. The impression I get is that the cc don't increase linearly so 200 points would be less than $400.

Would it make a difference if you paid cash vs financed? Probably?

We paid $128 for 150 OKW pts.

My guide told me earlier in the week that closing costs on a 40 point contract would be around $100. These numbers seem all over the place.

DizBub said:
My guide told me earlier in the week that closing costs on a 40 point contract would be around $100. These numbers seem all over the place.

My guide said my 60 pt BCV contact will cost around $140.

And this is the example from the Disney site:
Membership Example160 Vacation Points Per Year
Costs are based on a cash purchase of a real estate interest at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas:

One-Time Purchase Price:

$23,200

Closing Costs:

Approximately $539.21

2013 Annual Dues:
(Dues for future years will vary.)

and from DVCNEWS in February/11 100 pt add on at BLT was $117 cash purchase and $191 for financed (incl. fees)

On the paperwork i got from DVC on our tour (Jan 2013) it says at the bottom.
Closing costs 265$ for cash contract 332$ for financed contract based on a 100 vacation point package.

I just went on the wait list for 25 BWV points a couple of days ago. I asked my guide what the closing costs would be and he said it would be $98.80.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter