Closest Hotel to DHS

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning' started by askias, Feb 7, 2019.

1. askias

askias Earning My Ears

What would be the closest hotel you could book to DHS in anticipation of the SW opening? I've got my 75 year old mother in tow, so I'm looking for the minimum amount of walking she would have to do. I've stayed at the Polynesian before where you had that short boat ride to MK, not sure if something similar exists for DHS or what folks would recommend. Thanks!

2. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

Any of the hotels on crescent lake have boat service to DHS, so the swan/dolphin, beach and yacht club, and the boardwalk. The skyliner will also be open once SWGE opens and that will connect CBR directly to DHS and pop/AoA and riviera will be a skyliner transfer away.

rteetz and Tess like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.

Although not Disney hotels Swan/Dolphin are close as for Disney owned you'd be looking at Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Boardwalk Inn.
    They are all considered "Epcot area resorts" but you can walk or boat to HS.

5. Future_WorldPhonencian

Future_WorldPhonencian Mouseketeer

As the crow flies i believe pop century is the closest, reservations for it are pretty scarce due to the skyliner... swan and dolphin is abt 1/2-2/3 a mile walk, boardwalk is abt a mile walk and yacht and beach are just over a mile walk...

If you are looking for late fall rooms at resorts near SWGE book soon, its already dicey trying to find rooms. Dont expect discounts either

6. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

Will your mom have a wheelchair/ecv? If so I would say Boardwalk and you can walk over to DHS, it's about a 10 min. walk. If she doesn't and needs to rely on Disney transport or a car, any Epcot resorts or Pop/Art of Animation would be the closest

7. Imamom2

Imamom2 Mouseketeer

Boardwalk resorts have the boats to DS and that might be nice for your mom. We walk from Boardwalk all the time and it's about 12-15 minutes.

rteetz likes this.
  8. Spaceguy55

Spaceguy55 Hi Ho..Hi Ho.....

Just did a quick room search for POP from Sunday check in to following Sunday check out..every week was available from October to the end of the year in every room category.Also looked at some of the other resorts and there are plenty there too.
    I'm sure that will change as soon as SWGE opening is set and I'm also sure there won't be many discounts...
    I'm also sure MDE will crash and burn that day :surfweb:

rteetz likes this.
  9. mamaofsix

mamaofsix Mouseketeer

Wow, kind of surprising that there's that much availability! I would have thought that even without the dates being announced, lots of folks would have made reservations in anticipation. How does this bode for Disney's expectation of massive crowds late this fall?

10. askias

askias Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help, and hope it helps others in the same situation! I will look into Pop to see if that works. We don't have a wheelchair, she's not that bad off, she just tires easily, and I'd rather have her legs fresh for being the park and not waste her energy on getting to and from the park if possible. I sort of lean towards the boats although the skyliners seem like they will be cool.

11. cakebaker

cakebaker DIS Veteran

Even though she doesn’t need assistance at home, you might want to consider renting a scooter while you’re there.

12. mamaofsix

mamaofsix Mouseketeer

I don't think the resort matters so much as your room's proximity to a bus stop, if it's steps you're wanting to save. Pop is closer to DHS, but if your room is far from the bus stop, you'll be walking way further than staying at a smaller resort like the Poly, for example.

13. eliseisawkward

eliseisawkward Earning My Ears

We did this for my sister who was fine at home/work, but would never have made it walking constantly. Was definitely worth it, plus we could use her basket for carrying water bottles and snacks!