(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this correct? They have DSA's at Downtown Disney now. The DSA by Cinderella castle is gone.( I never liked that one anyway) I thought it was an odd place. Are there anymore changes at any of the other parks? My Dh and I both smoke. We always abide by the smoking rules. We don't even smoke in our house or cars. Dirty looks and coments just go with the territory.

If the DSA's are in at DTD? I wish someone would post a map as to where they are.... I also smoke. At least something REASONABLY close to the restaurants would be appreciated (though - a comment on this... several of these "go there own way" with smoking areas outside, on THEIR property, for patrons).

I don't spend a lot of time at DTD when we're there but last month we did have lunch at the Bongo's express and behind the actual Bongo's right by the water there is a smoking section. It was very convenient, we had lunch, went to smoke and then jumped right on the ferry when it pulled up.

I don't spend a lot of time at DTD when we're there but last month we did have lunch at the Bongo's express and behind the actual Bongo's right by the water there is a smoking section. It was very convenient, we had lunch, went to smoke and then jumped right on the ferry when it pulled up.

I like that DSA too; quiet and relaxing yet close to the "walking area". Also enjoy watching Characters In Flight from there...which is awesome! Give it a try; at a little under 20 bucks it's a bargain for the views you get up there! :thumbsup2 :tink:

Thank you! We usually go in September so crowds aren't usually too bad! I love the one by Space Mt! Probably my favorite, shady and it's out of the way so you don't get any dirty looks or comments!

We just got back and this one is not what it was. We used to sit I thought to the right of Space Mountain. We went to the left per the map and I cant remember if it was there or not. To the right there were no ash trays but the smokers were keeping it alive. In the spot down the stairs..

Really? Disney would lose a hell of a lot .of visitors (and money) if that was the case. Would they really be that stupid?
So long as smokers respect the current rules, I dont see them banning smoking. If smokers break the rules, I would expect to see an increase in smoking areas. They may maximize their space by reducing smoking areas, but I just dont see them alienating that group-nor a need- to ban it altogether.

We just got back and this one is not what it was. We used to sit I thought to the right of Space Mountain. We went to the left per the map and I cant remember if it was there or not. To the right there were no ash trays but the smokers were keeping it alive. In the spot down the stairs..

Yes down the stairs to the right of space mt. as you're looking at it. I hope it's still there! Thanks for the update!

I thought the spot down the stairs was no longer there? Last December and this past May at least I don't remember that spot being there. We always use the spot to the left of Space Mountain, kinda behind the speedway and next to the walking path. I preferred the one down the stairs, there's never a spot to sit in this other one.

I thought the spot down the stairs was no longer there? Last December and this past May at least I don't remember that spot being there. We always use the spot to the left of Space Mountain, kinda behind the speedway and next to the walking path. I preferred the one down the stairs, there's never a spot to sit in this other one.

I think you're right from what you and polineedyan said. We haven't been there in a year, so you know how much can change! Also I was looking at maps and it seems like there's a smoking area where you are describing. Thanks for letting us know!

Precisely - they relocated the "down the stairs" spot about a year ago.

I wish they'd stop changing them! We usually go twice a year and one spot is always gone or relocated. I really don't like the spot leading into Adventureland, it's always crowded and the crowds just walking by make it seem even worse.

We just returned from our trip last week and noticed that a few of the smoking areas have been relocated. The one next to Space Mountain (the one down the steps with the concrete benches) isn't there anymore.

At HS the spot that used to be across from Lights, Motors, Action (near the restrooms) has moved and is now near the giant coke bottle (the new spot has benches, the old one didn't). My favorite one is still there though....at HS, the one that has tables, chairs and umbrellas. The best DSA at Disney!

We just returned from our trip last week and noticed that a few of the smoking areas have been relocated. The one next to Space Mountain (the one down the steps with the concrete benches) isn't there anymore.

They moved that last year, it's the other side of space mountain under the people mover. I like it better, there's a roof over you and it blocks the rain and sun. :)

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any vape stores near WDW. My mother and I have both changed over from cigarettes to vaping we plan to stock up on eliquid and coils before we leave home but was wondering in case we had a problem while down there. Thanks

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any vape stores near WDW. My mother and I have both changed over from cigarettes to vaping we plan to stock up on eliquid and coils before we leave home but was wondering in case we had a problem while down there. Thanks
I saw a store from the car, big sign, turn right at the end of Hotel Blvd onto 535 and go a few miles, it was on the right before the Walmart there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!