*CLOSED*MOVED*Disboutiquers Part 11 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to think. The seller just emailed me and said she tracked the package down with the reciept and it was at the stop before getting to me. She said the delay was because of what happened to her dogs and she wished it never happened. I don't know if she is telling the truth. Her ebay id is 1977cook magic thread clothing boutique. I hate that this happened. If you would know me you would know I am not a person to be ugly to people. I really feel bad about her dogs and I hope she is not lying to me. She said in her last email that she hopes I have a nice trip. It might just be a misunderstanding. This just upsets me.

I find it VERY doubtful that the USPS can tell her something so detailed about the location of the package if she didn't get Delivery Confirmation or some other type of tracking. I mailed a package to someone using PayPal to print the label and sent it via Priority. When it hadn't been delivered after a week, I called USPS and they couldn't tell me anything more than what I found online with the tracking number. They wouldn't even try to trace the package until 2 weeks passed. (Luckily it was finally delivered after 10 days from mailing.)

BTW - If she did get DC, she should provide you with the number so you can check the status online yourself.

I also highly doubt the USPS would return the package to sender just based on a phone call from the sender. Usually I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but in this case the woman's stories sound unbelievable. Sure things happen in life that take priority sometimes but she should have been honest and admit she wasn't able to get them done in time. At least then you could have tried to find something else.

Linnette and I talked a little while after she made the post and she has decided to make an invitation so ugly that there is no way the woman will want her to do the rest.:rotfl2:I know, I'm sorry, I can be mean like that.:rotfl2:

:idea: GOOD IDEA!!! :idea:

I don't have enough time to go shrink pic. I need to finish packing for Disney. I did find the other custom, thank goodness! Here is Attikus's 9month pics.

_DSF2700.jpg

_DSF2701.jpg

_DSF2702.jpg

_DSF2706.jpg

_DSF2708.jpg

_DSF2710.jpg

_DSF2712.jpg

_DSF2714.jpg

:love:Thank you guys!!!:love: Thank you for restating to Linnette that she needs to tell this lady NO!! This lady is expecting to have a designer type gown, custom invitations and a Mother of the Bride dress for $200.:scared1: Can you say stupid? Linnette keeps telling her no, but the mother of the bride won't listen to her.

She cannot be serious! $200........I think I would have busted out laughing...? What? Oh my goodness, you are just too kind Linnette!!

Ginny, You need to stop posting pics of this little boy. Everytime you post pics of Mr. Attikus, you make me wish that I had a baby boy of my own. Shame on you!:rotfl2:Seriously though he is adorable. I think he gets cuter and cuter everyday.

Linnette, (or Crystal if you talk to her!)
There are people who make a business out of this! They are called Wedding Planners- tell her to hire one!
And she should tell her that she needs a consultation fee if she wants to come to your home and take up your time.

Linnette, I know this probably sounds over the top, so harsh to a sweet soul like you. But really, you understand what we are all saying right?
That you absolutely, under no circumstances should do this- and I dont want you to be steam rolled over by this woman.

You COULD say you can't because you have all these Big Give projects going on right now.
I know some people who do wedding gowns etc who are just over the line in CT in my area and Im sure they could work with someone in Brooklyn, it's what, like an hour from here?
Takes me about an hour to get to LaGuardia....so they could easily find someone who does wedding gowns as a business.
Oh, and it aint gonne be no $200 bucks!!!
Please dont let this lady made the decisions for you. Pull up those boot straps and let her know its not going to work out and she needs to start looking for help elsewhere.

I don't have enough time to go shrink pic. I need to finish packing for Disney. I did find the other custom, thank goodness! Here is Attikus's 9month pics.

_DSF2706.jpg

Oh, he is such a cutie!!! The pictures are beautiful. I love that he is your third and you make sure you get his picture taken so much by himself. I always make sure mine have individual pictures done too. So many second and third children and so on only have pics with their siblings in with them.

Have a great time on your trip. I know packing for so many can get hectic. I made sure I had everything packed for everyone else last time and I forgot sandals and sunglasses for myself! I had to spend an insane amount of money on them at the Disney gift shop. Well, insane amount for me anyway, I buy everything on sale/clearance!

Oh, he is such a cutie!!! The pictures are beautiful. I love that he is your third and you make sure you get his picture taken so much by himself. I always make sure mine have individual pictures done too. So many second and third children and so on only have pics with their siblings in with them.

Have a great time on your trip. I know packing for so many can get hectic. I made sure I had everything packed for everyone else last time and I forgot sandals and sunglasses for myself! I had to spend an insane amount of money on them at the Disney gift shop. Well, insane amount for me anyway, I buy everything on sale/clearance!

I may be off by a couple of days, but I have done every kids picture monthly. I started with the first one, then I could not do the same for the other kiddos. I do Christmas and Easter together. All of their birthdays are around Easter, so I do a group shot for Easter and individual for Birthdays. Once they turn 1 I go every 3 months til they are 2!

I may be off by a couple of days, but I have done every kids picture monthly. I started with the first one, then I could not do the same for the other kiddos. I do Christmas and Easter together. All of their birthdays are around Easter, so I do a group shot for Easter and individual for Birthdays. Once they turn 1 I go every 3 months til they are 2!

WOW! That is so wonderful and they will appreciate it soooo much when they are older. BTW, I have been wanting to tell you for the longest time (everytime I look at your signature) that you have 3 gorgeous children!!! They are just absolutly adorable with little angel faces! What a beautiful family!

I am so upset ...I told Crystal I do not the genetic make-up in me that allows you to say NO!!!!

I have a wedding dress, the mother of the bride dress to do , for some casual friends ...I AM NOT GETTING PAID FOR THIS...

I got a call that she needed the wedding invitations too, which I thought were something simple...

I got another call today (after I spoke to you Crystal!!!) and they are coming to my apt tomorrow to discuss designs and how she wants them to be , by what she told me on the phone, this was my reaction:scared1: :scared1: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :scared: :sad2: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I told them I was not an expert , I've never done something so elaborated and had no idea what to do, her reply: " you always say that but I know you will do something beautiful...":sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

I do not even know how to begin, what to do, what design, what materials, and to top it all ....do they expect me to come out with everything ? I really hate myself sometimes!!!!

so if any of you have made wedding invitations , or know of aa website that I can look at for ideas, where to get the material cheap (I am really hoping I do not have to pay for all !!!!) please let me know...
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sorry for the "yelling" but I am about to have a heart attack

Linnette:snooty:

so funny about you not having the genetic make up to say no... i am the same way it is actually one of my 25 random things about me on facebook. i never say no. that being said, i think you should take everyones advice and tell her to pick one or the other.dress or invites. my dad is a printer and i take a lot of orders for wedding invites for him. there are plenty of invitation books with a large range of prices, seriously it would probably be cheaper to just order them, i mean even party city has invitation books. tell her that the supplies, ink, heavy cardstock, ribbons, vellum, etc, would add up to more than she could order it for. of course if your genetic makeup does not allow you to say no i could help you out with wording and stuff.. also you could go to verseit dot com, they have phrasing for every occasion. but seriously . SAY NO!

WOW! That is so wonderful and they will appreciate it soooo much when they are older. BTW, I have been wanting to tell you for the longest time (everytime I look at your signature) that you have 3 gorgeous children!!! They are just absolutly adorable with little angel faces! What a beautiful family!

Thank you very much. I'm truly BLESSED!:love:

I don't know what to think. The seller just emailed me and said she tracked the package down with the reciept and it was at the stop before getting to me. She said the delay was because of what happened to her dogs and she wished it never happened. I don't know if she is telling the truth. Her ebay id is 1977cook magic thread clothing boutique. I hate that this happened. If you would know me you would know I am not a person to be ugly to people. I really feel bad about her dogs and I hope she is not lying to me. She said in her last email that she hopes I have a nice trip. It might just be a misunderstanding. This just upsets me.

Ok, I say prove it. Send you the tracking number. I am sorry but I still don't believe it because of the problem after problem. File a complaint and be done with it.

I told her to give her my number and I'll give her a quote for the dress and the invitations.:lmao:Linnette and I talked a little while after she made the post and she has decided to make an invitation so ugly that there is no way the woman will want her to do the rest.:rotfl2:I know, I'm sorry, I can be mean like that.:rotfl2:

You are a good friend and that is why we love you so much. You really need to get the number from Linnette and take care of this. Linnette can't make anything ugly, she has talent and creativity in her very being. She is kind, giving and loving. I can she why this is hard for her. As a friend you must make the call.:lovestruc

I just wanted to say bye to this thread!! I am going to bed and by the time I wake up, I am sure a new one will have started ;) Night everyone.

Having camera/computer issues this morning.

What do you guys use to get your photos from card to the computer. As in what program? I used to use kodak, came with the camera or can be downloaded for free. Well, they upgraded, which just made it horrible and slow and I can't stand it. So I went to HP but it is suddenly being wonky since I have been back. I can't edit the photos. This morning it won't even transfer them. It usually doesn't give me an option of which I want to transfer but it knows what it has already transferred and doesn't do those ones. Today, it was trying to do them all. It gets to the last picture every time and then something happens and it won't transfer any!

So, thoughts! Anyone? I am at a loss.

I had Kodak's Easy Share product and did not like it!! I was amazed that it received such high marks by the "experts". About this time last year I got a Sony camera and I LOVE their product - Sony Motion Picture Browser. I don't know if it can be purchased/downloaded without a Sony camera - it was part of the camera download program.

I am also working on the autism shirts today, but don't have a colourful one for Hunter.

Now don't jump to part 12 until I get back.:)

I saw a fabric at Hobby Lobby today that made me think of you - the whole fabric was small multi-colored puzzle pieces like what's in your siggy picture.

I am so upset ...I told Crystal I do not the genetic make-up in me that allows you to say NO!!!!

I have a wedding dress, the mother of the bride dress to do , for some casual friends ...I AM NOT GETTING PAID FOR THIS...

I got a call that she needed the wedding invitations too, which I thought were something simple...

I got another call today (after I spoke to you Crystal!!!) and they are coming to my apt tomorrow to discuss designs and how she wants them to be , by what she told me on the phone, this was my reaction:scared1: :scared1: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :scared: :sad2: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I told them I was not an expert , I've never done something so elaborated and had no idea what to do, her reply: " you always say that but I know you will do something beautiful...":sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

I do not even know how to begin, what to do, what design, what materials, and to top it all ....do they expect me to come out with everything ? I really hate myself sometimes!!!!

so if any of you have made wedding invitations , or know of aa website that I can look at for ideas, where to get the material cheap (I am really hoping I do not have to pay for all !!!!) please let me know...
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sorry for the "yelling" but I am about to have a heart attack

Linnette:snooty:

I have a hard time with NO too, but I'm getting better - I just turned down a request to make children's choir robes. I would have loved to help out my friend, but I just had to tell her that I needed to spend some time focused on home, family, and work right now and wouldn't be able to do it.

Hey! Is anyone ready for a new Big Give?????

Check out this famliy!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29921585#post29921585

They also have a wonderful blog, everyone should check it out!
http://lovethroughaction.blogspot.com/

ETA: Fixed the link!

ok...I have never participated in a big give. I want to participate in this one and more!! How do I do it? Can someone guide me through the process? Give me all the details, tips, rules, ect!! I am so excited. I read their story and want to make something special for this family!! Now, I am not as talented as all of you, but never-the-less would be honored to contribute!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter