Closed for refurb, but still took my reservation...

ciera321

DIS Veteran
Just wondering.... Yesterday I made a reservation at California Grill for January 10, but just now read the they will be closed for refurb January 6 thru late summer. I went back just now and attempted to make a reservation (just to see if it would take) for late January and available times came up. :confused: I guess I need to figure out where to go instead. :rolleyes1

Latest information is that the refurb has been pushed back until February.

Thank you, that would explain it! Wonder why they don't change that on the reservation page....:confused3

While there are rumors that the refurb isn't starting until February, I'd still suggest making an alternative reservation elsewhere just in case. As December approaches, Disney may change their minds and go back to their original schedule, or announce a new date.

I, personally, am holding a February 1, 2013 reservation there, with backup at Narcoosee's, just in case. So, I'm crossing my fingers that the refurb rumor is true.

Our server (Rob, who was excellent!) this evening told us the refurb was pushed to February.

Thanks for the info! I'm keeping my backups just in case, but based on this info I'm going to plan on the California Grill in late January. We were SO disappointed when we heard about the refurb.

Our server (Rob, who was excellent!) this evening told us the refurb was pushed to February.

Well shoot...I cancelled my Cali Grill res for 1/11 after calling and verifying with a CM, but it is what i really want! I guess I need to remake it and see what happens while also keeping my backup plan!:furious:

Does anyone know when in February?? <Containing my excitement that it may still be open for our 2/8-2/16 trip>

Based upon the reservation system, it appears that 2/1/13 is the last day it will be open. I tried all the days from 2/2 to 2/10 last week, and all come up with "no times available".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!