CLIA Requesting Your Support to Urge Congress to Aid in the Return of Cruising in the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure you don’t intend to sound short with me, but could you elaborate on your comment. Are you saying Disney can absolutely never have a US ship? I get the feeling that’s what you mean by saying “no” it’s such a definitive.
If you read further in that post, you'd see that cgolf explained that for a ship to be US flagged, they have to be US built. AFAIK, there are no mass market cruise ships being built in the US.

Our Hospital here has gone from a high of over 200 inpatients with COVID in late January down to just 10 as of yesterday. I do think that the vaccination drive is making a difference.

For comparison, look at Israel. They were at 9000+ cases a day a couple months ago. They have now fully vaccinated over half their population and their case numbers are down in the 100-200 per day range. Also, look at the numbers in the rest of Europe compared to the UK.

I think it's going to depend country to country. Unfortunately, cruises have to visit multiple countries...

Yep. Israel is literally the world's test lab right now. - And things are working incredibly well. Today was the first day in months with zero deaths (!)
They're at 50% of the population fully vaxxed, about 65% of >16 yo.
And the UK is on a similar path to get there. They're at like 25% overall and 50% vaxxed for over 60's and their cases have gone down dramatically.
I think when the US gets to 50% of >16 yo fully vaxxed we'll see their cases slashed in half. and deaths decreased by 2/3. - Israel and the UK are proof that vaccines are not only working, but they're some kind of miracle.
If you're reading this from a place where vaccines are available to you: GET VACCINATED, PLEASE.

Yep. Israel is literally the world's test lab right now. - And things are working incredibly well. Today was the first day in months with zero deaths (!)
They're at 50% of the population fully vaxxed, about 65% of >16 yo.
And the UK is on a similar path to get there. They're at like 25% overall and 50% vaxxed for over 60's and their cases have gone down dramatically.
I think when the US gets to 50% of >16 yo fully vaxxed we'll see their cases slashed in half. and deaths decreased by 2/3. - Israel and the UK are proof that vaccines are not only working, but they're some kind of miracle.
If you're reading this from a place where vaccines are available to you: GET VACCINATED, PLEASE.
Fully agreed with the vaccination advice, but the experience in Israel (or NZ for that matter) is somewhat unique. You can close these small countries off very quickly and effectively, as you have far greater control and a complying population. The cases will eventually come down everywhere, yet Israel's experience isn't a realistic comparison for most countries.

The risk of missing (most of) the summer cruising season in the US is still very real.

Clearly this thread will not be getting back on track, so I am locking it. Please keep vaccination conversation in the thread dedicated to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter