Clearwater Beach Hotel---HELP

jemmouse

DIS Veteran
We are looking into staying on the beach for several days before heading to my inlaws...I have read about Hilton, Holiday Inn, and the Hyatt...Any other suggestions. I would like to have beach access from the hotel. Also if you have other beach recommendations I would be open to that...Its so hard I feel to book via internet. Everything looks wonderful when its 40 degrees where I live :rotfl2:..

Have been to Clearwater Beach several times in our past 22 years of marriage. I would pick the Hilton out of the three you have listed. The holiday inn does not have a beach so you will have to walk down a few blocks to get to the big public beach. We actually stayed here on our honeymoon and it did have a nice pool but you had to walk down to the public beach. The Hyatt, although does look nice, you will have to walk out cross the strip to get down to the beach. That area of the beach is very deep in depth and I hate walking through the sand just to get down to the water. Take a look on Google maps to see what I mean. The Hilton has its pool right down by the sand on the beach. We used to stay at a "mom and pop" type place but it has been torn down and made into condos now.

I live in Clearwater and work on the beach. I would say stay at the Hilton as well. Nice location for beach, pools, Pier 60 for evening entertainment as well as most of the restaurants and such are at that end of the beach.

Good luck.:)

Have a look at the Sandpearl, stayed here quite a few times now, definitely our favourite on the beach.

I picked the Sandpearl. I can see why its a favorite to some. It looks BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to be sitting with a margarita and watching the surf while hearing the waves crash ashore!:cool1:

I would pick the Hilton, on the beach and close to everything, walking to shopping and dinning. If you prefer a more family beach, head over to Sand Key Park, it's just right over the bridge. ( it is not walking distance you would have to drive).

We stayed at the Sandpearl in May 2010 and it was an amazing upscale resort with the best location. When you check in they sit you down and give you a cold towel and a glass of champagene!

I picked the Sandpearl. I can see why its a favorite to some. It looks BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to be sitting with a margarita and watching the surf while hearing the waves crash ashore!:cool1:

Great choice!!!! We stayed there in March 2010 for a few days and then drove to WDW for a 4-night BC stay. We absolutely loved the Sandpearl and the pool is really wonderful. For a fun dinner, we liked Frenchy's - the original cafe and the one on the beach are both very close.

So excited:cool1::cool1::cool1: about how far is the Sandpearl from Pier 60? Walking distance r do you need to drive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter