Cleaning and toiletry supplies...BWV 2BR

kathyg

DIS Veteran
We're staying at BWV for two weeks and am getting ready to place my order with Garden Grocer....Just wanted to know what kind of toiletry (soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc) and cleaning supplies (dishwasher soap, dish soap, trash bags, etc) I could expect. For all you pros, which supplies do you think I should order?

Thanks a bunch!!

I'm not a pro, but since there are no other replies, yet...

I do NOT buy dishwasher detergent, dish soap, trash bags. I find whatever is supplied is enough.

I bring my own shampoo/conditioner/soap in travel sizes for the family and toss when done. Mickey supplies are ok if I run a day or two short.

I DO buy napkins or paper towels, paper plates (cheap and easy), and laundry detergent.

We're staying at BWV for two weeks

2 glorious weeks~NICE! :thumbsup2

I never purchase or bring dishwasher soap or dish detergent. They supply it for you and if you need more, just ask. Same for paper towels. There is a supply of MM soaps and shampoo but we bring our own brands from home. Other items I pack and/or purchase (Garden Grocer is good, btw) coffee, filters, laundry detergent and water, breakfast items, snacks. I never cook on vacation!:rolleyes1

Have a great vacation!:goodvibes

Paper towels are provided. Ask for more if you run out. The toiletries have been upgraded in quality and might be good enough. They will be replenished on trash and towel days as well as full cleaning days. If you run out you can ask for more. I think that a charge could apply but we have never been charged for extra soap bars or toiletries. Salt and pepper are not provided. Dish soap and dishwasher soap and trash bags are provided. Extra trash bags are usually in the bottom of the trash cans. If you run out, ask for more.

If you have a studio, you'll only get one shampoo, one conditioner, one shower gel. But if you have a one bedroom or greater, you'll get one of each for each bathing area (in the one bedroom, one set for the shower and one for the tub). It is better than the old stuff and I did use it several times during our stay. If you have four in your party, the shower gel might run out before the 4th day, but you will also have bath soap and hand soap (both bar soap).

If you are a coffee drinker, bring your own coffee (you get one pack each four days) and minimal if any creamer, sugar, etc. Again, bring your own of those, especially if you have cereal that need sugar. Same with salt and pepper.

They provide one single use box of Tide, so bring your own laundry detergent and softener or dryer sheets.

Also, there is nothing by way of food - other than the starter coffee pack. You'll need your own salt and pepper, etc.

Some DVCers travel with Lysol - we don't, but plenty do. The "cleaning supplies" are minimal - paper towels, dishwashing soap, a scrubbie for the sink, that sort of thing. (And a vaccuum and broom and mop). But if you are the "lysol the bathroom" sort you'll need to bring your own.

If you run out of something during your stay, they have a fairly well stocked minimarket in the store down on the boardwalk. They have expanded their selection. Carry a fairly decent assortment of items. A large refrigerated area and alot of the basics. Even carry a few fresh fruits such as bananas and apples. It may be a little more expensive but it is so handy that it's worth it. As other posters have noted, you will need to provide your own spices, coffee, coffee filters and tea and all your own food. They clean everything out of the kitchen at checkout. You get a fairly decent size dish soap, but you will need to get more laundry soap and fabric softener sheets. It is really handy having the washer and dryer in your room. The dryers take awhile to dry but they do work. Don't forget your sunscreen and be sure to purchase plenty of bottled water. You drink alot of water at WDW. Keep yourself hydrated!! Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter