Clarification on ground transfer cost increase for Port Canaveral

Goldys4

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering about the $4 per person increase for the Disney transfers from the resort (or airport) to port/ and port to airport (or resort). In Jackie Gailey's summery she said reservations before Dec 14 they will stay $35 and on or after Dec 14 they will be $39 per person. Is the reservation the actual cruise reservation or the transfer reservation? I'm assuming it's the transfer reservation, but hoping it's the cruise reservation. I wish I had told my TA to add it before now! :drive::teleport:

C
That's what I figured, but was hoping. Oh well, there goes another $32

Have you looked into private transportation? It might be around the same price, maybe less, and you can schedule to be picked up when you want.

I booked transfers on a PIF reservation after the price increase was announced and I was still charged the original price. Was expecting to pay more but happy that I didn't have to!

Aby

I booked transfers on a PIF reservation after the price increase was announced and I was still charged the original price. Was expecting to pay more but happy that I didn't have to!

Aby

I'm guessing you got lucky. Enjoy the pixie dust!

I also paid the previous rate on a PIF cruise. My TA asked as she was ready to pay the difference since she dropped the ball on adding the one way (port to mco) after we had PIF. DCL person said that it reservations booked before that date will get the old rate.

I thought it must be from the original cruise booking date. I booked our transfer about a week or two after the price increase but was charged the old price

Sounds like we may get lucky and get the old rate?

I'm going to look at other transportation options, but honestly, we love the ease of Disney taking care of everything for us. I told my husband about the increase and he asked if I was really concerned about it since we are spending thousands on this vacation- its a drop in the bucket, LOL!

I know Palo is as of booking PALO and not the cruise. I had it, removed it, then thought about adding it again and it was the new rate.

I wish they'd either make both as of the date you book the meal or transfers or both as of the cruise booking date.

We booked our cruise last April. The PIF date is next week but we hadn't paid in full when we purchased transfers this weekend. We were charged the new rate.

I just had my TA add Disney transfers yesterday- we got it at the old rate :). I wonder if having a TA makes the difference!

I do not use a TA. I called to add one way ground transport for our July cruise a few days ago and received the old rate. We are not paid in full, that is not due until March. Surprised me!

I do not use a TA. I called to add one way ground transport for our July cruise a few days ago and received the old rate. We are not paid in full, that is not due until March. Surprised me!

Well there goes that theory Guess it’s one of the inconstancies Disney is famous for! We aren’t PIF yet either, June cruise but booked when they were released. Maybe we got pixie dust pixiedust:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter