Citricos email

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by lt90, Mar 23, 2012.

1. lt90

lt90 Mouseketeer

Hi there. Does anyone know if Citricos has an email address? We want to talk to them about possibly having our reception there but since we are in the UK it would be easier to email rather than phone!
    TIA

2. tinkerbell 766

tinkerbell 766 <font color=purple>If I can't fly, let me sing. Or

Hi sweetie
    Hve PM'd you with this address.
    I am glad you are considering Citrico's - we had a lovely time at our reception and couldn't fault it at all!!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. CositaRicaFabulosa

CositaRicaFabulosa Earning My Ears

I would reconsider Citrico's. We had our reception there in February and it was awful. We had a small wedding, so I called to book Chef's Domain at Citrico's and they told me that the chef only did that at 6:00 pm, so we changed the time of our wedding to accommodate this special experience, where the chef comes into the private dining room and talks to the guests, then prepares a custom menu for you. Everyone in the family was excited to try Chef's Domain, as no one had been before. Was I embarrassed when we showed up and they sat us in the Chef's Domain room and told us we had to order off the menu. If the chef wasn't working that night, then they should have told us in advance, and we could have had the 5:00 wedding we wanted and ordered off the menu at any restaurant at a time that worked better for us.

There were only ten of us in the room, yet the waitress forgot to take my father's dinner order. You'd think she would have learned, but when it was time for dessert, she delivered everyone's dessert and coffee except for my husband. He got coffee, but not the dessert he ordered. We looked for the waitress for 20 minutes but couldn't find her. In the meantime, everyone but my husband ate their dessert. When the waitress finally appeared again, we told her about the missing dessert and she said, "Oh." My husband told her he didn't want dessert any more, just the check, please. So she told him that she had not written down a dessert order for him, as if to suggest that he never ordered a dessert and was somehow at fault (Several people at the table heard him, including me, so her feigning innocence was not just offensive, it was insulting.). She took off again, then returned with his dessert. . . the one he had just told her he didn't want any more. She made a big deal about telling him that she wasn't going to charge us for it. I'm not so sure why she thought we should have been happy about that. A simple apology would have been nice, though she never offered one. She then took another 20+ minutes to get us the check and process our payment, during which time most of our guests left, as they were quite fed up with the poor service and the kids were getting restless.

So, bottom line, Citrico's didn't deliver what it promised when we made the reservation six months in advance, never gave us advance notice that it wasn't going to do what was promised, and had truly unacceptable service. The food was okay. I certainly wouldn't ever set foot in that place ever again. My reception was ruined, and I felt horribly embarrassed that my guests got something other than what was promised and had to suffer through lousy service as well. It was painful for me to see them sitting there trying to be polite when I knew they were not enjoying themselves. I ended up apologizing to my guests for the bad experience, which certainly not something I had anticipated doing when planning the wedding.

5. tinkerbell 766

tinkerbell 766 <font color=purple>If I can't fly, let me sing. Or

Oh Susan, I am so, so sorry that you had a bad experience at Citrico's!!!
    I certainly hope you wrote a strongly worded letter about all the problems!! I am truly sorry if anything I said influenced your decision to book Citrico's, and your experience was completely different
    I guess you can only speak as you find. We had a perfect experience at Citrico's and wouldn't have changed a thing about our reception - the food was wonderful and the service faultless.
    We were in the main restaurant admittedly, but you would think that the service would be better in the Chef's Domain, not worse.
    Isn't it funny how we all have different experiences with different restaurants. A lot of people recommend Chefs de France and Narcossees, but our experiences in these two restaurants have been, to say the least, far from perfect!!!:confused3
    I guess a restaurant can always have a bad day, but when it is your wedding reception, it is heartbreaking

6. weedee

weedee I wanna go back to Disney already...

yikes, I'm also sorry to hear about your experience at Citricos! We were seated in the main dining area for our wedding reception and also had an amazing experience - great food, perfect service. I would certainly call and voice your concerns about your experience though...it would be helpful for them to know they had an off day during a wedding reception and hopefully will avoid it at all costs for future brides! I wouldn't give up on Citricos though, they were a fantastic experience when we were there, and I also would not change a thing. The service and staff there were remarkable and truly made our day as special as it was! :goodvibes We were also there for our 1 year anniversary, and again...perfect experience. They even gave us celebratory champagne, an anniversary decorated dessert, and personalized Happy Anniversary buttons...all of which were totally unexpected!

7. michelle chadwick

michelle chadwick Earning My Ears

8. michelle chadwick

michelle chadwick Earning My Ears

Hi,

I know this is an old post but do you still have the email address. I am in the uk and planning my wedding meal and wanted to email them instead of call.