Citricos, Artist Point, or Flying Fish

I have eaten at most of the dining plan signatures and these three are in my top five (the other two being Cali Grill and Jiko).

I'd personally rank it Artist Point, Flying Fish, Citricos. But it's pretty close. And you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Gees - don't get an ulcer planning Disney dining. It's just not worth it. All of the restaurants have been dumbed down since the advent of DDP and all are about similar in terms of offerings and quality. The desserts especially are only pale imitations of the former desserts at signature restaurants. That's because everybody gets a dessert with their dining plan -- so all the desserts at all the restaurants seem to be some variation on a zebra dome -- a chocolate half ball filled with some kind of creme that can be kept in the fridge and pulled out easily and stuck on a plate.

Having said that, of the three you are considering, I would put them in this order:

1. Citrico's
2. Flying Fish
3. Artist Point

We have dined in the private dining room at Citrico's and met and visited with the chef. We and some friends booked the chef's table private dining room experience one night as we were disappointed with the Food & Wine Festival event offerings. We really enjoyed our meals and enjoyed getting to know the chef. He really does care about cooking excellent food (within the confines that the dining plans now impose, of course).

2. We have had nice meals at Flying Fish. And, we have done the wine dinner, which was enjoyable.

3. Artist Point used to be a favorite. We still like the cedar-plank salmon and the mushroom soup. But, they keep raising the prices so high we've lost interest. The buffalo steak in not worth the price, IMO. They used to do a berry cobbler here that was amazing. Last time we had it, it had declined to about 1/4 the size it used to be -- hardly enough for one let alone sharing. The price for it had been raised and the berries cut back. They used to also have a great Jack Daniel's cake, too. Now the desserts are variantion on a cold bombe. I wouldn't bother with AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter