Cidar in England

brownsoup

Disney Daddy
OMG....I had a "Woodpecker" draft cidar in the United Kingdom in Epcot.....so good! I only drink cidar now (not much of a drinker anyhow). Has anyone else feel in love with something as result of thier trip to Disney World?

I went so far as having my local (Maryland - USA) liquor store order Woodpecker cidar.

Every time I drink a Woodpecker - it takes me back.....Illuminations, vacation, no worries....ahhhh! -Steve

I love Woodpecker - it's a nice sweet cider and I have a sweet tooth! Fortunately though I only have to go to my local grocer store to get my supply - a 2 minute drive ;)

Things I like which I only get in the States so always associate with my trips is Hershey Honey & Almond Nuggets, Bacardi Silver & Krispy Kremes :)

Bass Ale. Not that I can only get it at the Rose and Crown, but that is the only place I'll drink it. It was what I drank at my very first visit and just says celebration to me! :D

yummy! that sounds good:p where in london can i get us a cup or two or three.....

Originally posted by afsi3838
yummy! that sounds good:p where in london can i get us a cup or two or three.....

Pints darlin', cider comes in pints - or halves. It is not like the apple cider you can pickup at the farmers market. It comes in sweet (like Woodpecker) or drier (Strongbow or Scrumpy Jack) -yum Scrumpy is my favorite! - You get get cider in practically any pub in the UK... the pub usually has at least one cider on tap.

Enjoy :tongue:

is this alcoholic or non-alcoholic? thanks! and where in UK/world showcase did you find this? thanks again:wave: :duck:

okay. i found on deb's site that the cider is available at the fish and chips. now. and no laughing allowed--it says "hard" beside it. that means alcoholic. right? okay. everyone can stop laughing now.:wave: :duck:

Yes hard cider is alcoholic. It is so yummy!! I fell in love with this drink about 5 years ago after watching a show on the food channel. There is one sweeter then Woodpecker but I can't remember the name. Thanks for letting us know the UK has it. I am not much of a drinker but I will get one when I am in Epcot.

Can anyone tell mewhat it tastes like? Is it like a sweet wine?
Not much of a drinker and I like things sweet. Should I try it??

Thanks for the info,
Louise::MinnieMo

However, a pint of cidar with all the Epcot/UK atmosphere...aaahhhh....I can't wait! 4 weeks from right now!

It tastes like sweet apple juice. And yes, this type of cidar is HARD. It will hit you harder than a beer or even ale.

yes yes, must remember to ask for pints! got it. can you get it in the take out side of Rose&crown?

Ahhhh....the Cidar of Epcot.

As I recall - it was $5 a pint and I got mine at the fish and chips take out which is on the water side of UK near the bridge that takes you to BCV, YC, and Boardwalk. Enjoy! - Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter