Church service on board?

If there is a member of the clergy that wishes to do a service, DCL makes space available. There is no guarantee, outside of Christmas and Easter when DCL arranges clergy, there will be a service on any given Sunday.

I see. And do you know if that's something that would be in the daily navigator or how do people find out about it?

when are you cruising? we wondered the same. we are going to have our own, with anyone who wants to join, if there is not one provided

It would be in the Navigator. I also believe anyone can lead it, doesn't have to be someone who is ordained by a church.

I'm curious about this too. Wondering if there is somewhere to "advertise" that you plan to do your own worship thing and are happy if others want to join (plus space to do so).

The Navigator will show a SMALL listing of a space made available to "make your own service" on cruises that depart on days other than Sunday. The same thing is available on Friday nights for Jewish services.

Anyone interested is welcome to meet and use the room for whatever sort of service they feel is appropriate. IF there is a member of the clergy on board who offers his/her services, this will be noted in the Navigator also.

DCL arranges to have a person on board for major holidays of many faiths. Again, these are noted in the Navigator. The notices are not big, so you need to look carefully or ask at GS.

For cruises departing on Sunday, I guess they feel that a guest could attend services before boarding or after disembarkation. They do have a list of churches in Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach available...so I guess they have the same for other ports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter