Church Burned Down for Fighting Virus Restrictions

After seeing one poster actually get a threatening voicemail from someone on here I knew the hate was real. After seeing two posters wish death on two other posters and one poster wishing covid 19 on someone’s kid I knew we were beyond bashing and hate. I don’t even know why I keep coming back. It’s like a train wreck. I can’t look away.
I guess I thought that Disney was the happiest place on earth and the board here said Be Friendly. ???????
: (

After seeing one poster actually get a threatening voicemail from someone on here I knew the hate was real. After seeing two posters wish death on two other posters and one poster wishing covid 19 on someone’s kid I knew we were beyond bashing and hate. I don’t even know why I keep coming back. It’s like a train wreck. I can’t look away.
People are losing their damn minds, here and elsewhere. I found myself on the crazy train the other day and just had to walk away. I have seen some posts from usually mild mannered DISrs that have truly shocked me. None of what you mention but I suspect those people are on my ignore list.
:eek: How on earth are DIS'ers getting each other's phone numbers? I guess I'd make a terrible stalker; I wouldn't even know where to start.
It’s easier now than ever before. I tracked down an old friend by remembering her kid’s name awhile back. Someone tracked me down last week through the chain of social media and once common friends. It can be stupid simple. Now, my stepmother back in the day without the benefit of technology could track my sorry, teenage butt down like a bloodhound. That was impressive.

You just never know where a thread on The DIS is going to end up do you? I came into this one thinking that surely everyone would agree on what a horrible, despicable thing this was.

I guess I thought that Disney was the happiest place on earth and the board here said Be Friendly. ???????
: (
Stuff like that needs to be reported to the Mods. There is no excuse for inappropriate behavior, and the DIS really is quite a "safe space" compared to other discussion websites I've visited.

OTOH, some folks are MUCH more sensitive to things than others, so it's better to have a neutral 3rd party check if something actually goes over the line.

Also it's really hard to evaluate someone's allegation of threats or nastiness without seeing the original language in the post. Descriptions of things just don't work, and quoting is easy.

People are losing their damn minds, here and elsewhere. I found myself on the crazy train the other day and just had to walk away. I have seen some posts from usually mild mannered DISrs that have truly shocked me. None of what you mention but I suspect those people are on my ignore list.

It’s easier now than ever before. I tracked down an old friend by remembering her kid’s name awhile back. Someone tracked me down last week through the chain of social media and once common friends. It can be stupid simple. Now, my stepmother back in the day without the benefit of technology could track my sorry, teenage butt down like a bloodhound. That was impressive.

You just never know where a thread on The DIS is going to end up do you? I came into this one thinking that surely everyone would agree on what a horrible, despicable thing this was.
I guess that is all possible now, which is why it's always been kind of intuitive to me to limit my exposure on social media platforms. Out of sight is out of mind...

:scratchin It does get me to thinking now about the personal but non-identifying information I've posted here over the years. What kind of motivation would it take for somebody to try and find a person with my name married to a person with DH's name working in our respective professions and residing in a city of 1.4 million people?

I guess that is all possible now, which is why it's always been kind of intuitive to me to limit my exposure on social media platforms. Out of sight is out of mind...

:scratchin It does get me to thinking now about the personal but non-identifying information I've posted here over the years. What kind of motivation would it take for somebody to try and find a person with my name married to a person with DH's name working in our respective professions and residing in a city of 1.4 million people?
Remember the poster who tracked down AmberPi’s info? Some people just have too much time on their hands.

I'm hopeful that everyone here would consider burning a church down for political reasons despicable.

However, sometimes the first information we receive through the news media raises suspicions.

This case is like that, and we won't know what really happened until the investigation is complete. Or not -- arson cases are notoriously difficult to track down to the actual perpetrators. Determining that a fire was arson is pretty straightforward. Identifying who did it, and proving they did it, not so much.

We had another one of those "Huh?" cases the last two days, actually not far from our house.

A woman was run off the road and forced to stop, and then two men tried to rob her of drugs. She didn't have any drugs, so they kidnapped her 9 year old autistic son. Amber alert was issued, but the next day police found his body in a lake at a nearby golf course. Pretty straightforward, right? Not so fast.

She was "forced off the road" in a gigantic Home Depot parking lot that holds 300-500 cars and is constantly crowded with people, including dozens of casual workers sitting around waiting for someone to offer them work. But nobody saw anything, and nobody called the police. Further investigation revealed a surveillance video that showed her driving into the parking lot -- alone in the car, with no other car confronting her -- where she sat for 20 minutes before calling the police and giving them the above story.

Following a lengthy interview yesterday, she was arrested for murdering her son.

The thread title is sensational. Chances are, what the OP thinks was the reason, is wrong.

It saddens me that the internet has increased the frequency of quick judgements.

in defense of the OP, that is the same headline she has probably been seeing. When the church burning hit the news, all they had was the graffiti (or all that the media knew they had) so the headlines all said that.

Not sure how you can assert that the reason assumed is wrong. It very well could be the reason May not be of course but certainly isn’t out of left field either.

in defense of the OP, that is the same headline she has probably been seeing. When the church burning hit the news, all they had was the graffiti (or all that the media knew they had) so the headlines all said that.

Not sure how you can assert that the reason assumed is wrong. It very well could be the reason May not be of course but certainly isn’t out of left field either.

I didn't assert, I said chances are.......

And somehow in your mind that makes it the victim’s fault? Someone went too far to track down a stranger regardless of how they did it.
And this is a similar thing to what I was talking about.
I've seen a heck of a lot more distorting of peoples posts and claiming they wished death or ill on other posters than I've seen anyone actually doing it.
Short answer. No. That isn't what she thinks. Not even close.

Mississippi isn't on my list of places I would want to live but it also isn't filled with racists and arsonists.

Last edited:
I see that in our local Facebook page. It escalates that quick. I always think “these are your neighbors!!” Doesn’t matter. People just go there that fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter