Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

That is great you've been given the all clear for walking the Princess 5K!!!

I got an email the other day that registration for the Marvel weekend of marathons at Disneyland (November) opens January 31st. Well it just so happens my dh has that week of November off. Thought I could convince him to move our Feb 2018 trip up to November so we could do the marathon (well, the 5K!) but he said no :(

I told him maybe my second husband would agree to it :rotfl2:

We'll probably head back and rest after Frozen. Maybe we will get something to eat as well. I've left this open for now.
9:30pm and beyond...DisMeets with @LindseyJo22 @Elevationist and @cinderkelly at Trader Sams! Some of us might even go to the Contemporary after for some more libations. I'm looking forward to this

YEA!! me too! :goodvibes

Can't believe it's only 20 more days until we're back at WDW!!

seems like we were just there, doesn't it :laughing:

No, literally, I'd have weird twinges and twangs of pain shooting through my foot and all the way up to my hip at random times.
It's funny you say this because (not sure if you read in my TR where I fell at Disney and hurt my knee) even though the x-rays and MRI say my knee is clean, I still feel things. Mostly for me it's still pain...shooting up my leg sometimes. Hopefully yours won't linger that long!

Oh and new MagicBands arrived!
So exciting! It's so close! And I'm loving all the DisMeets! Yay! Right about when you get on your trip, I'll be at double digits! Wahoo! :)

That is great you've been given the all clear for walking the Princess 5K!!!

I know! I'm going to PT as well as an acupuncturist to make sure I'm really feeling ok.

I got an email the other day that registration for the Marvel weekend of marathons at Disneyland (November) opens January 31st. Well it just so happens my dh has that week of November off. Thought I could convince him to move our Feb 2018 trip up to November so we could do the marathon (well, the 5K!) but he said no :(

I told him maybe my second husband would agree to it :rotfl2:

That sounds like a great race! It will be nice to do a race on both coasts!
That's what second husbands are for, right?:rotfl2:

seems like we were just there, doesn't it :laughing:

It does! Hehe! This is so cool! I love having the annual pass!
I'm gonna have to do it again, maybe in 2019 after they open Star Wars land.

It's funny you say this because (not sure if you read in my TR where I fell at Disney and hurt my knee) even though the x-rays and MRI say my knee is clean, I still feel things. Mostly for me it's still pain...shooting up my leg sometimes. Hopefully yours won't linger that long!

I have! I meant to respond on your TR, but I really loved your TR and all your honest feedback and experiences. I also had knee pain for a while (injury from high school) that has plagued me on and off. Although every doctor said my knee was fine, I do sometimes feel pain randomly. I guess with age stuff like this is normal? LOL.

So exciting! It's so close! And I'm loving all the DisMeets! Yay! Right about when you get on your trip, I'll be at double digits! Wahoo! :)

Woohoo! And you will get to see Pandora before anyone else I know! Woohoo! Can't wait to hear what you thought of it!

PTR Update - Rivers of Light Feb 17!

So Rivers of Light was announced to be opening on Feb 17th! But for now...the schedule seems to be every OTHER day. :mad: This is annoying because on the days that it is on, we already have stuff planned in the evening so we won't be able to make it anyways. The only time we can possibly do it is the day before the 5k - on Feb 23rd. We have an early dinner at 5:35pm at 1900 Park Fare, and we may JUST make the 7:15pm showtime. I am not sure this is worth it the night before the 5k but if it's our only time to see the show...I may make the sacrifice. I am hoping they may play it every night Fri, Sat and Sunday of our trip. That makes more sense to me and would give us more options. Otherwise, we'll just have to catch it in May or August! BUMMER.

Injury Update

It's amazing how far I've come but last month I was in a cast and walking with a cane. Right now, I have nothing on my ankle, it feels really good, and I've been doing some PT, getting reflexology, and doing some acupuncture. I'm trying to get the ankle good enough for our vacation! Not only for the 5k, but to be able to be in the parks all day, park hopping and stuff. I think I am close to being 100%. Something that has really been helping is soaking my foot (and also taking baths) in a mixture of dead sea salt, and epsom salts. Supposedly it's very detoxifying as well as soothing. I use a few drops of Eucalyptus oil and it's been really helpful in getting rid of swelling and inflammation and relaxing the muscles. I never usually take many baths but I think I am a convert! I'm going to have to tote some salts along with me to WDW for a post race soak! Other than that, I've not done any working out so I'm a bit nervous in wearing my little race outfit. The more I look at it, the more cheerleader it looks to me. :cheer2: LOL.

On another note, I had to have emergency wisdom tooth removal 3 days ago :crazy2:
I had a hole in my top left wisdom tooth and it needed to come out right away. and of course you can't just pull one, you have to pull it's pair on the bottom.
When it rains, it pours, right? :confused3:rotfl:
I know many of your probably had your wisdom teeth pulled before, but this was my first one! I was pretty scared. But I am ok. It was not as bad as I expected it to be. I only got the two on my left side pulled. It was really painful after the novocaine wore off but I took the next day off and I feel much better now. Only some slight swelling on my left cheek. It is a little annoying having to eat everything on the right side of my mouth though! But I think in 2 weeks I should be ok. :thumbsup2

It's a blizzard here in NYC today! Brrr. So far the weather in Orlando looks to be similar to what we had last year. 75+ during the day and around 50s at night. Hopefully we won't have one of those super cold nights like we had on my birthday last year. But still, can't wait to be in some warmth and sun!

:beach: :beach::beach:

TWO MORE WEEKS!!!

BTW I had a question for everyone, do you guys prefer one big TR or a separate TR and Dining Report? Usually I just do one big TR, but on our last trip I did the separate dining review and a recap TR. Doesn't really make a difference to me, so I wanted to see what people prefer. Thanks!

Following along! Glad to hear your ankle is healing, and I hope your surgery recovery goes by fast! I'm interested in hearing about your planning for your big family trip in August, because I'll be planning one for my family of 10 for next year!

Sorry about ROL. I was thinking about you when I read it was opening last night. You could always catch it in the summer. We won't be seeing it until then, since we won't be at WDW until then.

Glad to hear that your ankle is doing better. Bummer about the wisdom teeth though. I had all 4 of mine out at once after I turned 30. It wasn't too bad, but I got sick of soft food really fast. One can only eat so much yogurt, ice cream, and pudding. That's when I found out that I am allergic to codeine. I broke out in hives:scared: Luckily, it wasn't very painful. Just take it easy and don't pull on the stitches!

I was so saddened to hear about Wishes that I totally missed the Rivers of Light update!!!! So glad I just saw your update!

That wisdom tooth situation sounds scary but I am glad you are doing better....good thing this is happening now and not at trip time!!!! Hope all is well from here on out.

Following along! Glad to hear your ankle is healing, and I hope your surgery recovery goes by fast! I'm interested in hearing about your planning for your big family trip in August, because I'll be planning one for my family of 10 for next year!

Thank you and welcome! I am doing well, thanks! I hope nothing else bad happens in the next two weeks! (crosses fingers!)
ADRS for our family trip is on Monday morning. SIGH. I'm going to try my best to get the ADRs they want!
The most important thing is technically over...they all booked the trip! Getting my family to commit is somewhat of a feat. They dont' understand how you have to book early and get ADRs 6 months in advance. If I left it up to them we'd be booking last minute and have nowhere to eat, LOL.

Sorry about ROL. I was thinking about you when I read it was opening last night. You could always catch it in the summer. We won't be seeing it until then, since we won't be at WDW until then.

Ha! I have found a way to see ROL! I will write about it in my next update! Just involves a lot of park hopping.

Glad to hear that your ankle is doing better. Bummer about the wisdom teeth though. I had all 4 of mine out at once after I turned 30. It wasn't too bad, but I got sick of soft food really fast. One can only eat so much yogurt, ice cream, and pudding. That's when I found out that I am allergic to codeine. I broke out in hives:scared: Luckily, it wasn't very painful. Just take it easy and don't pull on the stitches!

I am so bored of soft food. I don't really care anymore though. I've been eating regular food, just cutting it up into small pieces and eating slowly. Brushing my teeth is probably the scariest thing.
Oh no I've never heard of anyone allergic to codeine, but I'm glad it wasn't more serious!

I was so saddened to hear about Wishes that I totally missed the Rivers of Light update!!!! So glad I just saw your update!

That wisdom tooth situation sounds scary but I am glad you are doing better....good thing this is happening now and not at trip time!!!! Hope all is well from here on out.

Yeah bummer about Wishes, but I guess every 10-15 years or so this stuff happens. I will be able to watch it this trip and in May and then will catch the new show in August.
I would feel more sad if they got rid of Illuminations. Dunno why but I feel like that show was part of my growing up at Disney more so than Wishes. I think it's because I spent so much time at Epcot.
BTW, I have found a way to watch ROL without changing any of my current plans. I'll post an update soon :)

Yeah thank goodness the tooth came out last week. I would be so miserable if I had to nurse a toothache at Disney. I hope nothing else happens in the next two weeks! I'm doing much better now though, thanks!

So Rivers of Light was announced to be opening on Feb 17th! But for now...the schedule seems to be every OTHER day. :mad: This is annoying because on the days that it is on, we already have stuff planned in the evening so we won't be able to make it anyways.

Ugh I knew they were going to release Rivers of Light just in time to mess up everyone's trip plans :rotfl: We managed to fit it into May, but we had to move some things around.

It's amazing how far I've come but last month I was in a cast and walking with a cane.

:thumbsup2

On another note, I had to have emergency wisdom tooth removal 3 days ago :crazy2:
I had a hole in my top left wisdom tooth and it needed to come out right away. and of course you can't just pull one, you have to pull it's pair on the bottom.
When it rains, it pours, right? :confused3:rotfl:
I know many of your probably had your wisdom teeth pulled before, but this was my first one! I was pretty scared. But I am ok.

Aw I'd be scared too! I'm terrified to have mine removed because the roots are in the nerve (on the bottom, top ones are fine). I don't have to so far, but it would be serious if I did have to. I'm glad you're okay though! And that you'll be 100% before the trip.

BTW I had a question for everyone, do you guys prefer one big TR or a separate TR and Dining Report?

I like separate ones, even though it can be a bit crazy to keep up with writing them all :rotfl:

Great Job on the ankle! Make sure you loosen up the ankle before the 5k. I had decided to go to AK on saturday. I was able to get a FP. I wanted to get dinner with RoL reserved seating but everything is booked for that night. And that is our only night available. Friday after the 5k we are signed up for the DVC MK after hours party. Hopefully we will be back to warmer weather here in NJ and No more snow until we fly out....fingers crossed.

So impressed with the progress on your ankle. I injured mine in early September hiking (to the point where I could not wear anything with a heel). I didn't go to the doctor, and just assumed it was a sprain that would eventually heal on its own. I should have taken it more seriously and soaked it like you did, and maybe I wouldn't have had to baby it for the past five or six months. But I was finally able just this past weekend to put on a heel with no discomfort, so fingers crossed it's all good now. As far as your trip reports go - I liked both styles - you write a great trip report no matter how you do it! I hope the Rivers of Light works out and you can tell us all about it. I rely on you for my up-to-date news... LOL! Next year we will have exactly two days at WDW after our 4-night cruise on the Dream during spring break. I think we're going to have to do MK one day and then split the next day between AK and Epcot, so I'm going to start paying close attention to anything "new" that you report. Darned high-school kid of ours, making us play only during his school breaks!! On a happier note, he was invited to a Youth Leadership Forum seminar for engineering and technology next summer (2018) at UC Berkley, so I think mom and dad are going to fly out to San Fran with him and go spend a week in wine country while he's getting his "nerd" on... that should be a fun trip report!

Ugh I knew they were going to release Rivers of Light just in time to mess up everyone's trip plans :rotfl: We managed to fit it into May, but we had to move some things around.

I have added a RoL dining package to Feb! It's a tight squeeze but we'll make it work. I'll see if it's good enough to warrant a return trip in May. I'm sure it is :)

Aw I'd be scared too! I'm terrified to have mine removed because the roots are in the nerve (on the bottom, top ones are fine). I don't have to so far, but it would be serious if I did have to. I'm glad you're okay though! And that you'll be 100% before the trip.

It's one of the most unpleasant experiences I have had but the recovery is luckily quicker than I expected it to be. It's just weird feeling holes in your gumline, I know a little gross to describe it but that's the way it feels! It's not painful anymore although I still only chew on one side of my mouth.

I like separate ones, even though it can be a bit crazy to keep up with writing them all :rotfl:

I think I'll keep them separate for now! :thumbsup2

Great Job on the ankle! Make sure you loosen up the ankle before the 5k. I had decided to go to AK on saturday. I was able to get a FP. I wanted to get dinner with RoL reserved seating but everything is booked for that night. And that is our only night available. Friday after the 5k we are signed up for the DVC MK after hours party. Hopefully we will be back to warmer weather here in NJ and No more snow until we fly out....fingers crossed.

Thanks! I will do my best to keep injury-free and best prepared as I can for the 5k! Still have not attempted to run though.
We have added a RoL dining package to Sunday. It's a tight squeeze because the show is so early but I think we can do it.
That's cool they have special events for DVC! Trying to convince the hubs to look into DVC but he wants to do stuff like, save for retirement, and a new car...the horror! :rotfl:
Crossing our fingers too that there is not snow/storm before our trip! I'm hoping to leave on time because it'll just screw everything up if our flight is delayed/cancelled and we can't pick up our bibs in time!

So impressed with the progress on your ankle. I injured mine in early September hiking (to the point where I could not wear anything with a heel). I didn't go to the doctor, and just assumed it was a sprain that would eventually heal on its own. I should have taken it more seriously and soaked it like you did, and maybe I wouldn't have had to baby it for the past five or six months. But I was finally able just this past weekend to put on a heel with no discomfort, so fingers crossed it's all good now. As far as your trip reports go - I liked both styles - you write a great trip report no matter how you do it! I hope the Rivers of Light works out and you can tell us all about it. I rely on you for my up-to-date news... LOL! Next year we will have exactly two days at WDW after our 4-night cruise on the Dream during spring break. I think we're going to have to do MK one day and then split the next day between AK and Epcot, so I'm going to start paying close attention to anything "new" that you report. Darned high-school kid of ours, making us play only during his school breaks!! On a happier note, he was invited to a Youth Leadership Forum seminar for engineering and technology next summer (2018) at UC Berkley, so I think mom and dad are going to fly out to San Fran with him and go spend a week in wine country while he's getting his "nerd" on... that should be a fun trip report!

Thanks! I'm glad your foot is feeling better! Ankle/foot injuries are are so difficult to heal because you have to put pressure on it all the time. Hopefully it wasn't more serious than you thought it was!
Thank you!! I may stick to the two separate TRs for now. It was easy to write because then I can just focus on just food or everything else aside from food. Hehe.
We did book a RoL dining package in the end! I'll write about it in my next update. I hope it is worth the extra money (we're going to Tiffins)!
Congrats on your son's forum invitation! It sounds amazing! But your trip to Napa...sounds even better!! LOL. Are you going to The French Laundry? I've never been but it's on my bucket list. I tried going several years ago but couldn't get reservations.

But your trip to Napa...sounds even better!! LOL. Are you going to The French Laundry? I've never been but it's on my bucket list. I tried going several years ago but couldn't get reservations.

I'm sure going to try - we're kind of foodies, as you know. I also want to eat at Gary Danko again in San Fran - had a fantastic meal there in 2014 when I went on a solo trip - ate at the chef's counter and it was amazing. I've wanted to take my hubby back to experience that. I'll have to start looking at reservations and firm up some plans for dining this fall when we get the exact dates for our son's trip. Hooray for the RoL dining package - I really, really hope it is worth it - could be a great time, for sure!

PTR Update - Rivers of Light is a Go! August ADRs made!

We're almost at the one week mark until we leave for our Princess 5k trip! We have some tweaks in the schedule, most notably the inclusion of Rivers of Light! I figure since we were there we'll try to watch it without disrupting my original plans. I made a few adjustments and that day will be tight but I think we can do it!

Here's our finalized schedule for Feb:

Feb 22nd: Fly down to MCO from Newark after work. Staying the night at the airport Hyatt Regency since we land after midnight.

Feb 23rd: In the morning, take Magical Express to the Contemporary, drop stuff off, and head to the Run Disney Expo, maybe around 10:30am.
Then, we bus or uber it back to the Contemporary, mainly to drop off this purchase:
db-bags-trio-500x228.jpg

(I got myself the Letter Carrier bag as a b-day present!)

Then we'll probably walk or monorail it to MK.
12:50 PM - 1:50 PM Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
3:10 PM - 4:10 PM Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
5:25pm: Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
REST!

Feb 24th: PRINCESS 5K!
I assume our day will start super early, like 4am early :crazy2:
6am Run Disney PRINCESS 5K!! Well, more like Walk Disney for me.
10:35am Brunch at Kona Cafe.
Then we'll head to Epcot!
11:45 AM - 12:45 PM Spaceship Earth
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
2:40 PM - 3:40 PM Frozen Ever After
We'll probably head back and rest after Frozen. Maybe we will get something to eat as well. I've left this open for now. We may also try and catch Fantasmic! at 7pm
9:30pm and beyond...DisMeets with @LindseyJo22 @Elevationist and @cinderkelly at Trader Sams/Contemporary resort!

Feb 25th: DHS and maybe Epcot
8:30am Breakfast at The Wave with DIS friends @Elevationist and @cinderkelly!
We'll take a bus over to DHS after
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
10:30 AM - 10:45 AM Voyage of The Little Mermaid
11:50 AM - 12:50 PM Toy Story Mania!
1:00pm 7-Hour Star Wars Guided Tour (Includes meal at Backlot Express as well as the dessert party)
7:00pm Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party
I think the fireworks start a little later today, so not sure if we can still make it over to Epcot for Illuminations at 9pm but we'll try!

Feb 26th: AK and Epcot
We'll sleep in a bit as we'll probably need it before we head to...AK
I wasn't able to get the FP+ I wanted for AK on such short notice so we may just do some Rafiki's Planet Watch and meet some characters before
11:40am Rivers of Light Dining Package - Lunch at Tiffins Menu looks really good so am excited for this! I mainly did this to get the reserved seating time for RoL later in the evening!
After lunch we'll hop over to Epcot where I adjusted my original FP+ to later times
1:20 PM - 2:20 PM Spaceship Earth
2:25 PM - 3:25 PM Test Track
3:25 PM - 4:25 PM Living with the Land
Hopefully a Dismeet with @Heidi Lou sometime at Epcot!
5:00pm -Yachtman's Steakhouse with Betsy and Carol. Yay more Dismeets!
We'll try to have dinner quickly. I told Betsy that most likely we'll just have an entree, and Steve and I already know what we're getting (splitting the divine porterhouse!) - and Betsy thinks it won't be a problem. We'll say our goodbyes to Betsy and Carol while they enjoy dinner at a more leisurely pace, then we'll bus it over to AK to catch the 7:15pm showing of RoL!
I hope our plan of getting reserved seating works so we can just walk in and have someplace to sit! I'm not expecting prime seating but any seat will do.
Think maybe I'll go to Disney Springs after for some shopping. DH will probably bow out of this so I think I'll have some late night shopping and solo time. (Anyone else care to join?)

Feb 27th: My birthday! - MK

8:05am: We have a pre-park opening breakfast at Be Our Guest (we pre-ordered our food already!)
9:10 AM - 10:10 AM Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
10:35 AM - 11:35 AM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
1:35 PM - 2:35 PM Peter Pan's Flight
2:30pm: Tiana's Riverboat Party - Ice Cream Social & Festival of Fantasy Parade Viewing Party
Before dinner...DISMeet with my friend Ann! She kindly offered to take us up to Top of The World Lounge for some drinks before our dinner at California Grill.
6:50pm: Dinner at California Grill
Wishes is supposed to be at around 8pm today. Looking forward to watching from this vantage point!

Feb 28th: AK
We'll have to check out, drop our luggage and then head to AK.
9:05 AM - 10:05 AM Kilimanjaro Safaris
9:50am - Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House
11:20 AM - 12:20 PM Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
12:25 PM - 1:25 PM DINOSAUR
Then unfortunately it'll be time to leave as we have a 4:30pm flight back to NJ

I think those are our final plans for next week! Looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new ones!

August 2017 - ADRs Made!

Yesterday morning was ADR day for August. Of course I was the only one planning for our party of 15 people. I thought I would be more prepared, but the more I do this, the more I just want to kinda "wing it" LOL. Still I was able to get almost all that I wanted. Here's a first cut of our list of ADRs. I tried to pick some character meals and meals that would interest the kids the most. I'm not sure how my nieces and nephews will do with the character meals because they are pretty shy (well, most of them, some of them are just plain scared of characters). Most likely the list will change a bit as everyone gets used to the pace and the hours. I'm not sure if we can do 2 table service a day as our party includes 6 kids including an infant, so it will all depends on the kids schedules. This trip really isn't for DH and I, it's for my family and most of them are WDW newbies so I will tweak as we go along.

August 12th: Our arrival day at the Poly!. Didn't book anything for this day but we'll probably go to Disney Springs for quick service.
August 13th: MK - Crystal Palace Breakfast, Be Our Guest Dinner - think the older kids will be able to meet Beast and the younger kids may be a bit scared.
August 14th: Epcot - Garden Grill breakfast, Teppan Edo - thought the cooking in front of you thing would be fun for the kids.
August 15th: DHS - Sci Fi Lunch, 'Ohana Dinner
August 16th: AK - Sanaa Dinner
August 17th: Waterpark day for my family - 'Ohana Breakfast. DH and I don't have waterpark tix so we'll do some park hopping. I think I may make an ADR for dinner at Morimoto Asia.
August 18th: MK - Cinderella's Royal Table lunch (my niece Eva's 5th birthday!)
August 19th: This park is open to whatever people choose since they have 6-day park hoppers. I may make a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare or at Kona Cafe.

All of the ADRs were made online via the app (website was giving me issues as usual) but CRT I had to call and it took like 45 minutes to get our entire party booked. We're on separate tables (as I expected) but at least my niece will meet Cinderella on her actual birthday, her favorite princess!

So now I have to figure out daily plans, and how to do this whole rider swap thing. Question for those of you with young kids...do you make FP+ for rides for yourself or for your kids? For example do you FP+ Space Mountain and do the Rider Swap for that, or do you FP+ things like Winne Da Pooh and forgo the adult rides? I am confused as to what to tell my sisters and brother in laws. I want them to experience the adult rides (we can all take turns watching the kids), but I also don't want them to line up for hours for the popular kid rides and characters. What do you usually do? (For reference our party has a 9 year old, a 6 year old, a 5 year old, a 4 year old, a 22-month toddler, and a 10 month infant).

Thank you!

Tick-Tock!!!

You trip is coming right up!

I'm glad to hear that your recovery is progressing so well! Hopefully you will feel good in the parks and during the 5K.

That is exciting about the Rivers of Light show. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Congrats on getting your August dining reservations. They sound awesome for the kids and for the group!

Good question on the Fast Passes-

I have never used the rider swap, so I'm not exactly sure how that works.

I would get book some FP for thrill rides, but for some of the kiddie rides that can have a long wait, like Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan, having FP so you don't have to wait in line would be good. I'm not sure that you need FP for Dumbo now, with two rides and with the fun play area. Should you get FP for Barnstormer? I don't know! I have never been.

My preference for a trip report would be to have the report include dining. If you want to do a separate dining report you could always post those pieces in another report as you go.

:goodvibes

Wow! That booking for August sounds heinous. I just finished our July/Aug ADRs on Monday morning. I had to book the before and after (8/12-13) cruise parts separately. Sounds like a lot of good options. You will have a great time. I keep thinking I would love for family to join us on one of our WDW trips or a DCL cruise, but no one wants to spend the money:( Glad you are getting to see ROL. Tiffins is great. We will be heading back for our 3rd time in July. If you have time, get a drink or app at Nomad Lounge next door. I bet the view of Pandora at night will be very cool.

I'm sure going to try - we're kind of foodies, as you know. I also want to eat at Gary Danko again in San Fran - had a fantastic meal there in 2014 when I went on a solo trip - ate at the chef's counter and it was amazing. I've wanted to take my hubby back to experience that. I'll have to start looking at reservations and firm up some plans for dining this fall when we get the exact dates for our son's trip. Hooray for the RoL dining package - I really, really hope it is worth it - could be a great time, for sure!

Not to usurp the thread, but if you can't get into French Laundry, try La Toque. We ate there several years ago now, when it was in Rutherford, but absolutely loved it. The chef came out to meet everyone, in his Converse no less. It was a very comfortable and delicious meal.

I love your birthday present to yourself! It's perfectly fitting for your "princess" trip!

I'm trying really hard to fit ROL in somewhere! We had only planned on a half day at AK on the morning they have EMH, but I've seen videos of it and it looks like something I'd really like. Bummer they are only doing it on certain nights though

We are going to be at Epcot the night of the 25, have a dinner ADR at Teppan Edo, if you make it over we should get an early birthday Grey Goose slushy! ::yes::

I can't imagine trying to organize a trip for 15 people, good for you! That's amazing

I think I also prefer the dining report within the trip report. Perhaps you could just alternate chapters, dining/trip :confused3

Sorry I'm no help about the kid swap thing, we didn't even start going to Disney until Kiya was 5 and by that time she was up to riding pretty much everything we wanted.

Not to usurp the thread, but if you can't get into French Laundry, try La Toque. We ate there several years ago now, when it was in Rutherford, but absolutely loved it. The chef came out to meet everyone, in his Converse no less. It was a very comfortable and delicious meal.

Thank you for the good advice - I will make a note of that - I am flying blind and starting from scratch with wine country, so just starting my notes!

Fantastic plans all around, Su-Lynn! Looking forward to your report - and have a great birthday trip with lots of wonderful "firsts"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter