Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby Feed the Force!! A May 2015 TR - Update 10/29 Trip Epilogue!

Good Call. I never was able to get one. By the time I went to look they were gone.

Whew, I guess the spillage in the Mine Train was not in vain. LOL

You really are. You actually save a bit of walking if you park at the TTC. I charted it out on http://geodistance.com/

Haha, great. I am hoping that I burned off as many calories as I ate each time we went to MK...

I'd go with the Wishes Dessert Party or V&A. We almost have the same birthday! Mine's the 28th.

Woot! Go Pisces!!

I tried that this year! It was delicious.

It was! I am impressed by the QS meals here!

The cozy cone pool looks really nice! I love those traffic cones.

It was really nice pool! The traffic cones had loungers in them. It was like a private cabana. Much more quiet than the main Nemo pool although that one had the music underwater which is pretty cool.

I'm so excited you're adding on more WDW to the birthday cruise bonanza! That trip is going to be epic! My big 4-0 is also this coming February eeek Let's here it for 1976 ;-) My dh also turns 40 next year so I think we're going to be a DCL to Alaska, that's pretty splurgy (but we don't have to add on airfare). If you gotta turn 40, you might as well do it in style, right? ;-)

Yay! Bicentennial year babies! That cruise to Alaska sounds amazing! I will totally do that one year...maybe I will book on board in Feb. Hehehe.

We will probably try BOG again next year. As for your trips in 2016...I think you need to come to the world in late Oct/Nov! LOL!

Hi there, I know I'm joining in super late -- but I just found your TR and am all caught up! You got some really great pics and the weather sounds like it was just perfect!! I have to say, you are the queen of selfies :worship:!!! I only wish the ones I took could come out half as good :) And you guys got some really GREAT pictures inside the SciFi Dine-In Breakfast. We actually were in WDW for the very last SWW, and our pictures during the SciFi Breakfast came out very dark and grainy (we were using our iPhones) -- but this just underscores how we really need to get a good camera for these types of experiences! Can't wait to hear what happens next :flower:

What a really great morning and afternoon at EPCOT!!! Great start with Soarin' and then a terrific breakfast (that bread pudding looks YUM) and then Living with the Land! Great pictures from The Seas and I adore your truck from Test Track! I have seen a couple of the Star Wars themed cars in others' trip reports- there was a really neat Yoda one.

Great character pictures! Can't blame your sister for wanting to get lots of pix. Her dress really is adorable.

Solo time in EPCOT rocks!!! I had that last August when I traveled without family for a Beach Club DIS meet. I spent several hours at my own pace, doing exactly what I wanted to do, at my own pace.

Your lunch from China looks tasty and the tart aux fromage??? Oh-Em-Gee!

I have already skimmed through your Yachtsman posts, but I'm going back to re-read and savor it.

:goodvibes:

Love, love, love your Yacht Club/Yachtsman chapter!

Did you know there is a Hidden Mickey on the globe in the YC lobby? You will have to look for it next time.

I have never had a meal at the Yachtsman (or any other signature, for that matter), but the food looks A-MA-ZING!!!

The rolls with the roasted garlic were a great start. We first had roasted garlic at the Portobello Yacht Club at Pleasure Island (DTD/Disney Springs) about a million years ago, but it was so good we asked for more.

Every single thing you ordered made my mouth water. The porterhouse, the scallops, and even the sides. Yum. Yum. Yum!

::yes::

Nice to end the night with more Star Wars Fireworks.

Last edited:
:teleport:

That is TOO funny about CS arriving at the castle before you did. I don't get it. I know there are short cuts to the different lands off the hub, the castle is pretty much a straight shot.

Wow!

We haven't dined in the castle. Meals look great and the atmosphere is incredible. Boys don't have much interest in a princess meal and I don't have much interest in spending the money. LOL!

I then spied the perfect souvenir:

JvTmZJFasZTGg6T2L-s7oLP0KqqDeHLD3wL2UL4EA3Mf=s643-no

THAT'S a popcorn bucket??? Cool!

Fun start with some mellow MK attractions.

AWESOME ride picture on Mine Train!

OOPS on the popcorn. :blush:

Your 40th BD bash sounds amazing. You have some fun ideas for your birthday dinner- I'm sure wherever you go will be great! Have you read many reviews of V&A? Missyrose has one in one of her trip reports- lots of great pictures and descriptions. If I figure out which report, I'll link it for you.

Can anyone who has been during President's week let me know how bad the crowd level was?

So, I haven't been to Disney during President's Week, but we were at Universal for 5 days during Presidents week this year. It was somewhat crowded, but staying on site is a big help at Universal because you get the express pass. We overheard guests who had spend some time at Disney say how busy it was there.

pixiedust:

Last edited:

I had lunch at BOG in August. Loved the atmosphere and visiting the different rooms in the restaurant. I got the tuna nicoise salad because I wasn't very hungry after a big breakfast that morning. I think I would have enjoyed another entrée more, but everything else was heavier than I wanted. I would totally go back, for any of the meals there, though.

Sounds like it was a great call to go back to the resort for a swim. Always like when you can multitask- swimming while doing laundry. At the Beach and Yacht Club they have installed a system in the laundry room where you can check on your phone to see if your wash is done or if your clothes are dry. Not sure if it is in all the resorts yet.

LOVED your Indian meal from Landscape of Flavors. I remember being super impressed with the menu there when I saw it.

Looking forward to your evening at MK.

:thumbsup2

But good news is that Chunky Sis will now be joining us on the cruise! She just got a new job and is getting paid more so she's going to celebrate my birthday with me on the cruise!
Congrats to Chunky Sis! :goodvibes

Feb 27 (my actual birthday)
Wow, I'm only 6 days short of being exactly a year behind you! Yay, February birthdays! :cool1:

Thanks! Can't believe that I'm turning 40 because I still feel like I'm a kid!
Yep, totally know what you mean. ::yes:: Just doesn't seem possible. :confused3

The pool looks so inviting on this hot day!

TVip_vba-z2hCTN5H2p2n9wuexgQdVki9yj6EZYaEM2C=w858-h643-no
That does look quite inviting!

Our only other option if we want to avoid the crowds is to do the parks after we return from the Cruise...so Feb 27-March 5. This is doable too, and will be just like our vacation this year...cruise first then parks. I would have to take 1 extra day off of work. The crowd calendars said it should be relatively light and it's right before people start to arrive for Spring Break. I'm ok with this option, but I did want to try and do the parks first before the cruise. :confused3
Cleary I am no good at these decisions, as we did WDW before AND after our cruise. :rotfl2: Hope you figure out the best option and have an amazing trip!

We will probably try BOG again next year. As for your trips in 2016...I think you need to come to the world in late Oct/Nov! LOL!

Yes, I think that I do!! :cutie:

Hi there, I know I'm joining in super late -- but I just found your TR and am all caught up! You got some really great pics and the weather sounds like it was just perfect!! I have to say, you are the queen of selfies :worship:!!! I only wish the ones I took could come out half as good :) And you guys got some really GREAT pictures inside the SciFi Dine-In Breakfast. We actually were in WDW for the very last SWW, and our pictures during the SciFi Breakfast came out very dark and grainy (we were using our iPhones) -- but this just underscores how we really need to get a good camera for these types of experiences! Can't wait to hear what happens next :flower:

Thank you thank you and :welcome:

I think getting a camera that takes good low light pictures is important at Disney! I personally use a Canon G7X but I also like the Canon S120.
P.S. I am a former free-lance photographer so don't feel bad that your pics didn't come out too well. It took a LOT of practice and many months of learning to get my pictures to come our right. :thumbsup2

What a really great morning and afternoon at EPCOT!!! Great start with Soarin' and then a terrific breakfast (that bread pudding looks YUM) and then Living with the Land! Great pictures from The Seas and I adore your truck from Test Track! I have seen a couple of the Star Wars themed cars in others' trip reports- there was a really neat Yoda one.

Great character pictures! Can't blame your sister for wanting to get lots of pix. Her dress really is adorable.

Solo time in EPCOT rocks!!! I had that last August when I traveled without family for a Beach Club DIS meet. I spent several hours at my own pace, doing exactly what I wanted to do, at my own pace.

Your lunch from China looks tasty and the tart aux fromage??? Oh-Em-Gee!

I have already skimmed through your Yachtsman posts, but I'm going back to re-read and savor it.

The croissant bread pudding is delicious! We discovered it last year and I had been counting down the days until I could have it again.

Solo time is quite fun! We all are interested in different things so it was just natural to split up.

I love eating around Epcot!!

Love, love, love your Yacht Club/Yachtsman chapter!
:teleport:
Did you know there is a Hidden Mickey on the globe in the YC lobby? You will have to look for it next time.

I have never had a meal at the Yachtsman (or any other signature, for that matter), but the food looks A-MA-ZING!!!

The rolls with the roasted garlic were a great start. We first had roasted garlic at the Portobello Yacht Club at Pleasure Island (DTD/Disney Springs) about a million years ago, but it was so good we asked for more.

Every single thing you ordered made my mouth water. The porterhouse, the scallops, and even the sides. Yum. Yum. Yum!

::yes::

Nice to end the night with more Star Wars Fireworks.

Thanks! I didn't know there was a hidden Mickey on the globe! I will have to look for it next time!

The meal was spectacular! It rivals any of the great steakhouses in NYC or Chicago - and I love my steak!

I love those fireworks! It definitely will not be my last time at SWW!

That is TOO funny about CS arriving at the castle before you did. I don't get it. I know there are short cuts to the different lands off the hub, the castle is pretty much a straight shot.

Wow!

We haven't dined in the castle. Meals look great and the atmosphere is incredible. Boys don't have much interest in a princess meal and I don't have much interest in spending the money. LOL!

Yeah I don't get it either. DH and I were stunned she made it before us. She's ALWAYS lagging behind us when were're walking anywhere in the parks. Hahaha.

Yeah I can't blame your boys for not wanting to go to the castle. It's definitely a girly affair! It was great to experience it again but it isn't on my must-to list, especially since it was so expensive.

THAT'S a popcorn bucket??? Cool!

Fun start with some mellow MK attractions.

AWESOME ride picture on Mine Train!

OOPS on the popcorn. :blush:

Yes!! It's a popcorn bucket!! A pain to haul back home, since I hand-carried it, but now that I look at it every day, it was worth the spilled popcorn!

Your 40th BD bash sounds amazing. You have some fun ideas for your birthday dinner- I'm sure wherever you go will be great! Have you read many reviews of V&A? Missyrose has one in one of her trip reports- lots of great pictures and descriptions. If I figure out which report, I'll link it for you.

I'll have to check out Missy's TR/Blog! I am envious of their numerous trips! I have read a few reviews and they have all been positive. I think we will probably do it!

So, I haven't been to Disney during President's Week, but we were at Universal for 5 days during Presidents week this year. It was somewhat crowded, but staying on site is a big help at Universal because you get the express pass. We overheard guests who had spend some time at Disney say how busy it was there.pixiedust:

Staying onsite at Universal was great! I went in 2010 and loved the express pass! I am rethinking the president's week dates. I think we may just do the parks AFTER the cruise. It just makes more sense crowd and price-wise.

I had lunch at BOG in August. Loved the atmosphere and visiting the different rooms in the restaurant. I got the tuna nicoise salad because I wasn't very hungry after a big breakfast that morning. I think I would have enjoyed another entrée more, but everything else was heavier than I wanted. I would totally go back, for any of the meals there, though.

The ambiance in BOG is so much fun. I love all the detail and the different themed rooms. The sandwiches can be a bit heavy but they aren't huge. I love anything with cheese!

Sounds like it was a great call to go back to the resort for a swim. Always like when you can multitask- swimming while doing laundry. At the Beach and Yacht Club they have installed a system in the laundry room where you can check on your phone to see if your wash is done or if your clothes are dry. Not sure if it is in all the resorts yet.

LOVED your Indian meal from Landscape of Flavors. I remember being super impressed with the menu there when I saw it.

That's really cool about the laundry at Yacht and Beach club! I didn't notice anything like that at AoA, but it is a Value resort after all...:rotfl:

The Indian food was great! The naan was so delicious. I am quite impressed with the AoA food court!

Congrats to Chunky Sis! :goodvibes

She says THANKS!! We are all excited for her!
Wow, I'm only 6 days short of being exactly a year behind you! Yay, February birthdays! :cool1:

Yay!! There are a lot of people born in February!! Many of my friends are any many on the DIS too!

Yep, totally know what you mean. ::yes:: Just doesn't seem possible. :confused3

Yup...I still feel like I'm 21!! (in spirit, not physically, LOL)

That does look quite inviting!

Nothing like a cozy cone pool for a hot day! :cloud9:

Cleary I am no good at these decisions, as we did WDW before AND after our cruise. :rotfl2: Hope you figure out the best option and have an amazing trip!

Thanks!! You are so lucky you got to do WDW before and after!!

I prefer to cruise then park. We can relax properly on the cruise and then enjoy the action in the parks fully rested, but it's all down to personal choice.

Just caught up on this report - going back to read about the cruise now!

Looks like you guys had a fabulous time so far :) Sorry it was so crowded! We're going in September, and I'm a little worried we'll get spoiled by the lower crowds :P

Can't wait to see what else is in store :)

Day 4 Part 4: MK at night! And an impromptu DISMeet!

We arrived at MK at dusk. It was a nice time to be at the parks since it wasn't that hot anymore yet it was still bright out. Since we were meeting Anna and Elsa, I wore my Frozen t-shirt. DH didn't have anything Frozen-themed so he wore his most Nordic outfit: a Thor rocker t-shirt. (It's from the Tokidoki Marvel line they had a few years ago). :cutie:

This is probably one of my favorite PP pictures ever! First, I don't look that fat here. It was just a flattering angle/pose. Also, there was no one else in the picture! Finally we look like we're alone at MK! The lighting was great, the flag blowing in the breeze...everything just worked!!

aYD5zwlW7qdh0URkE1JX73nY6zvzJrPYGMjS89PdcLlZ=w429-h643-no

Next up is a series of PP pics at various points in front of the castle! Unfortunately, we do not have the park to ourselves in these pics. :lmao:

_rZZ0GB1ddvo9nTkRFV6k44o7-DifwWvq40LyVjHLpxk=w429-h643-no

huaJ4JKwZ6ynj1BC9KndMUYnAqSVbStt-h4TQdKZEBLS=w429-h643-no

XEEWrwCn709lrvKq1f4z3_88HYti1IyPFinSZRhD4GhG=w429-h643-no

Still looks fairly crowded at MK!

oroTJ6N1wKmfTGncQr6hzWURx98520vYT3Mg37kJhX8K=w965-h643-no

DH got some new Sorcerers of the Magic Kingom cards so he set out to play! We went to a few portals in Fantasyland.

jb8cOpv6NNyks6K6qU4r9I-RFnTjhxW01lQAOj9WNYZP=w858-h643-no

83aY81zrtIDfiwNROuxKWDQ8E3ENO66EfFeSzZVtIHv9=w858-h643-no

We then met up with CS as she arrived and went to our first FP+ for that evening - Princess Fairytale Hall for Anna and Elsa! We didn't have to wait for too long in the FP+ line which was nice.

YuP45yJm8dBomvs8icDMu7rRk5KWfVmDy0zAx3nr8plH=w965-h643-no

a4pxR15mtqTrUvjTTcoJOSoaaz1GQR3K0HbvUAZjA64a=w965-h643-no

Anna was very jovial and fun as usual! I think we talked about chocolate which sent her into a tizzy. She was so excited!

7XS9qeeuCAog0crygeTfVgKuLu5e82khyXYDNWmcDQvR=w429-h643-no

g8GsoOdlpvSEvAVcg1K90LBswuXbjYT8ZDXSTTs1DT8F=w429-h643-no

Elsa was lovely, sweet, and very regal! princess:

As we exited the hall, we saw that Minne was dressed as Elsa so we did a pose:

YnR33myfVvCROzGJWRH1UpiMlMz1Q7opBj8EBZudNh0u=w965-h643-no

6LCk6VQWVT3ZfDYz-UOysIa7TfV_gJ61uhcILjt9Crq7=w965-h643-no

Since we were in Fantasyland, we next went to Mickey's Philharmagic. It was cute as always, but we really just go so we can rest and enjoy the dark room and air conditioning LOL. I usually listen to the music with my eyes closed because it's dark and we are tired!

We headed over to use our last FP+ for BTMRR. By this time it was dark out. I stopped in a store and tried on these Woody and Jesse hats with DH:

n-mZDfZrLUSqDunMLvNWzYElMWfXNoh-6k6B6o3Ycpob=w858-h643-no

Howdy!

We then went over to BTMRR...and we realized the line wasn't that long! People were probably getting ready to watch the Electrical Parade and save spots for Wishes so we decided to ride on standby and then use our FP+ right after that! And then what did we do after that?

Get right back on again!

Wheeee!! BTMRR 3 times today! So excited. I guess we could have gone a few more times but I wanted to get back to Main Street to catch a spot for Wishes and get some ice cream!!

As we were leaving our last ride on BTMRR for the night. I felt a tap on my shoulder...

"Su-Lynn?"

I turned around.

"OMG Tracy!?!?!"

@Tracy161 had been following my PTR, and I hers, although we had no formal plans to meet (I can't imagine why we didn't schedule something) it was just coincidence we were on the same ride at the same time! We hugged and couldn't believe we just met randomly!

:jumping1:It was so awesome to meet you Tracy!!! :jumping1:

We talked about her solo trip and all the food we'd eaten so far. We both love to eat! She got to meet Steve and Chunky sis too!

We had to stop and get a selfie:

OaobL9rUp5sRogmSk-YAqKmAQV3kQLoDbpyJgC2JGK3f=w965-h643-no

It was really dark out! This was one without the flash.

Here's one with flash:

q8oqcaWFY2Nz0VnaI_oNCax1ZoJtIf6-Jfn--vew9MFw=w965-h643-no

So great to meet you Tracy! I hope we could meet again on another trip! And I'll remember to get your number from you next time!

As we were walking back to Main Street, the first Electrical Parade was happening, so it took us a while to get back there!

PSkCdMP35v6UFXPBsDIUV4eI7cG64lqUUJXEZMz-gxtW=w965-h643-no

Finally we made it to Main Street, and guess what, it's PACKED. There was no place to stand for Wishes. It's ok, we'll probably come back to watch it another night. I went to get ice cream and we stood outside the ice cream parlor to watch. It wasn't the best view because the umbrellas were in the way but it was the only place left to stand! At least some people were kind enough to close their umbrellas so that people behind them would have a view.

r5v6NO7wPwLrJ6agMdUYs6Rb74wNfQa_iFbUkz0KWj1f=w965-h643-no

INFyc7fvGmjQSjqrBNmOzgf1rKkr4HgaP7UTaxJdWj5W=w429-h643-no

ixIdRMkiYz2LHYMhNypH3uY00yIedi-wGyxwL_1txYXy=w483-h643-no

After Wishes was almost over, we headed over to Tomorrowland to squeeze in a few rides...we hadn't ridden Space Mountain so we went to that first!

I used to like that ride a lot more, but I think nowadays, it just gives me a back ache! #gettingold

I can't seem to find our ride picture...but I never liked the pics that come out of Space Mountain anyways. But here's a pic from the exit to Space Mountain:

TxsSmVumZ9aDpOAK-0HhXPM4zPGlGE4MbLFmSdt2C7ct=w965-h643-no

Our last ride of the day was the Peoplemover!! I can go on this ride morning, noon, and night. So much fun! Here's CS on the ride:

bXShJxvnDLBc08esSA1SLEy8EueyUqyobI2Zp3CQQazm=w858-h643-no

There weren't that many people on the Peoplemover so we decided to stay on and ride another time!

After we got off, the park was closing, and we were really tired. So we trekked back out to gate #34....so. far. away....

And this is what we saw:

tAnC5ZEmznbqW8haM4LaNOuKNyGThrsAgIQUz4MP4u3V=w965-h643-no

SIGH. :sad1:

Well, we did eventually make it back to our resort...

That's the end of Day 4! Tomorrow we're heading to Animal Kingdom! :dog::dog2::cat::ewok::dogdance:

Last edited:
I prefer to cruise then park. We can relax properly on the cruise and then enjoy the action in the parks fully rested, but it's all down to personal choice.

I do like this plan too...and the more I think about it, it's probably what we will end up doing. We cruised first then parks this year too, and it worked for us. If it was the other way around, I'd probably not have done as much on the cruise as I did...would be passed out in the stateroom from exhaustion!

Just caught up on this report - going back to read about the cruise now!

Looks like you guys had a fabulous time so far :) Sorry it was so crowded! We're going in September, and I'm a little worried we'll get spoiled by the lower crowds :P

Can't wait to see what else is in store :)

Thanks and welcome!!

We had an amazing trip! Yes May was more crowded that what we were used to. But it was worth it for SWW. I'm going to tell you now...Sept will spoil you! Low crowds, no wait for most rides. Sept is fun...aside from the heat...last year was brutal. I hope you have better weather this year!

That is a really great picture!

Anna was very jovial and fun as usual! I think we talked about chocolate which sent her into a tizzy. She was so excited!
Haha, smart topic to bring up! :laughing:

I didn't realize these hats were there - cute!

Wheeee!! BTMRR 3 times today! So excited.
That sounds perfect! :thumbsup2

Tracy161 had been following my PTR, although we had no formal plans to meet (which I can't imagine why we didn't schedule something) it was just coincidence we were on the same ride at the same time! We hugged and couldn't believe we just met randomly!
:hyper: How exciting! So glad you ran into each other! I met up with her a couple times, but we actually planned that. She's so nice! :goodvibes

I used to like that ride a lot more, but I think nowadays, it just gives me a back ache! #gettingold
Seems like everyone says that and I am feeling very grateful that it still doesn't bother me. Based on your experience, maybe it will in a year, though. :confused3

There weren't that many people on the Peoplemover so we decided to stay on and ride another time!
Great way to end the night! :thumbsup2

And this is what we saw:

tAnC5ZEmznbqW8haM4LaNOuKNyGThrsAgIQUz4MP4u3V=w965-h643-no
:scared1: Wow, that's unmagical. Glad you made it back okay, but yuck!

@chunkymonkey
We saw the same thing last March after Wishes, but it was raining too. We were waiting for the POR bus. Once one finally arrived, we calculated out how many buses and how long it would take to get to back. It looked like it was going to take at least an hour. We decided to walk to the Contemporary and get a cab. We did have to wait, because there was a line of people already waiting for cabs. But DS got to sleep on a bench, while we waited, and we got dropped off right by our building. I would definitely consider doing it again next time. However, we had a car, so next time we will just park at the TTC. We always do RD at MK, so we would be parked up front and could walk to the car after taking a bus or boat to the TTC. I wish they would fix the transportation bottle neck at MK.

We will be going to SWW next year for the first time. That's one reason I am reading your TR. Do you plan to go again next year? We are very excited.

Good job getting to ride BMTRR 3 times in a row without much wait:thumbsup2

Thank you Lynn!! I primarily use a high-end Canon point and shoot, the G7X. It's meant for people who like to tinker with manual controls but in a point and shoot sized camera. It's pretty fancy and takes amazing pictures, but I find that in general, the canon powershots in the S line...like the S100 or S120 - they take pretty great pictures too and are at a reasonable price point for the quality. I also use an iphone 6+ as well to take pictures, especially the selfies with characters.
:)

Love the TR!!! Somewhat based on the above, I just ordered the S120. The G7X was more than I wanted to spend. It was perfect timing to read this because I needed a point and shoot to drag around WDW in 12days and then England. Glad the question was asked!

Back to reading...

I don't look that fat here. It was just a flattering angle/pose. Also, there was no one else in the picture! Finally we look like we're alone at MK!

Firstly you don't EVER look fat!! But it is a great picture and totally looks like you have the park to yourselves!! Too bad that wasn't actually the case lol

Wheeee!! BTMRR 3 times today!

Wow, impressive!!

We hugged and couldn't believe we just met randomly!

How awesome is that!! To run into a DIS'er spontaneously...so cool! I'm sure it was a lot of fun even if you only chatted for a bit!!

I can go on this ride morning, noon, and night

You and me both!! Too bad hubby thinks it's lame...but I love it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter