Christmas With The Wickets - Pretrip to the Return 22/12/08 Plus Photos to 19/12/08

loved your report :goodvibes we're booked for Sept next year but seriously thinking of a trip in early Dec as well ..... Christmas just looks fantastic there!

Thanks, your little lads would love all the Christmas decorations and trees. I kept thinking of my nieces who are 3 and 1 and thinking how much they would love seeing everything. I would certainly recommend going at this time of the year at least once, though from reading other reports I wouldn't fancy going actually over the Christmas and New Year period due to the crowds.

I loved these lights, music and snow.

P1050014.jpg

P1050015.jpg

If you an AP holder you can get a pair of these glasses for free or pay $1. They were okay, sort of doubled the lights.

P1050018.jpg

P1050022.jpg

P1050035.jpg

Bev-fantastic pics-i am very grateful for the 'all things festive' pics as i have never been at Christmastime+to be honest-probably never will,so i love seeing them :goodvibes .
Also love the night pics with all the lights,can you believe i have never been to a park at night-time :eek: .I am hoping to this year-fingers crossed :wizard: .
Lovely to see a pic of your family+how mighty fine they look :thumbsup2 .Are your boys close in age?(hope i'm not being rude by asking).x.

Glad you liked the photos. I concentrated more on the festive photos this time round because it was the first time we had seen them and don't know if we will ever get back at this time. I also thought it would be nice for other DISers to see the festive decorations if they had not been.

Not rude at all. My lads are 20 and 18. The youngest is the tallest, blondest one out of the 2. We planned for 2 years between them, and managed to have 2 years 10 days between them. They are the best of pals and into the same things which makes things easier for us.:goodvibes

I've finally managed to read the rest of your report Bev. :goodvibes Your trip sounds fantastic and what a fab surprise getting a bonus day at the end! :cool1:

It was also our first time going at Christmas & I just loved it. It actually felt even more magical to me than normal, if thats possible! :love: Great photos, I was looking through them and chuckled as some of them are almost identical to mine. :laughing:

Looking forward to reading all about your next one.....;)

Glad you liked the photos. I concentrated more on the festive photos this time round because it was the first time we had seen them and don't know if we will ever get back at this time. I also thought it would be nice for other DISers to see the festive decorations if they had not been.

Not rude at all. My lads are 20 and 18. The youngest is the tallest, blondest one out of the 2. We planned for 2 years between them, and managed to have 2 years 10 days between them. They are the best of pals and into the same things which makes things easier for us.:goodvibes

I thought they looked close in age-great planning :thumbsup2 .We wanted the same-2yrs gap with ours,but unfortunatley it was'nt meant to be-mother nature called on me 2x's :sad2: .Our girls are 3yrs 10months difference,and are so close+best of friends as well-lets hope they stay like that :laughing: .
Looking forward to more pics-i am sure you have some more :confused3 .x.

Thanks Claire, I am enjoying reading your reports too and seeing your photos. :goodvibes

Michelle, the other good thing is that you have had 2 girls because they are in to the same things and always have a play mate there. My lads have always played together with the same type of toys (now Xbox 360). We love just watching them chatting to each other if they are walking ahead of us or hearing them talking on a night when we have gone to bed.

Michelle, the other good thing is that you have had 2 girls because they are in to the same things and always have a play mate there. My lads have always played together with the same type of toys (now Xbox 360). We love just watching them chatting to each other if they are walking ahead of us or hearing them talking on a night when we have gone to bed.

I also love secretley listening to the girls with there role playing games-it's so funny/sweet etc..especially little Emily she's so funny.I like it when we go on trips out and they always walk a little in front of us either holding hands or with there arms round each others waist-we have so many cute pics of them like that-listen to the both of us getting all sentimental.x.

That sounds so cute. Mine too still talk as they are role playing but this is on the Xbox as they are blowing up things. Our house has sounded like World War 3 over Christmas with one of the games they have got. I can remember them chatting on to themselves when playing games when they were younger. Now I can watch my 3 year old niece talking to herself as she plays which is really cute.

On New Yearś Eve she was pretending to be a waiter when we were round at my brotherś house with the whole family having a meal. She had a little pad of paper and a pen and went round asking everyone what they wanted, however, we were told when ever we said anything we could only have breadsticks, but she took time to write down what we were saying. My eldest was expecting to see what we had said written down then he remembered she was only 3 and there was just a load of wavy lines on the pad but she took that much time you would have thought she was writing it.

I love all the festive piccies :)

My mind has now been made up, I definitely want to go to WDW at Christmas! Everything looks so nice :)

Glad you and the 'boys' all had such a great trip

Thanks Raph. I would go early December though it I was you before Christmas as reading several reports of people who have recently been the crowd levels have been a nightmare.

The balcony area in Hard Rock where we ate breakfast. We just discovered the seating area on this visit.

P1050158.jpg

Hard Rock pool so very very quiet compared to July

P1050164.jpg

Walking to Universal, I love being able to do this

P1050165.jpg

Universal Studios entrance

P1050167.jpg

Universal Studios's shop decorations

P1050175.jpg

Universal Studios Xmas Tree

P1050177.jpg

That sounds so cute. Mine too still talk as they are role playing but this is on the Xbox as they are blowing up things. Our house has sounded like World War 3 over Christmas with one of the games they have got. I can remember them chatting on to themselves when playing games when they were younger. Now I can watch my 3 year old niece talking to herself as she plays which is really cute.

On New Yearś Eve she was pretending to be a waiter when we were round at my brotherś house with the whole family having a meal. She had a little pad of paper and a pen and went round asking everyone what they wanted, however, we were told when ever we said anything we could only have breadsticks, but she took time to write down what we were saying. My eldest was expecting to see what we had said written down then he remembered she was only 3 and there was just a load of wavy lines on the pad but she took that much time you would have thought she was writing it.

Oh what a sweet story,my girls also love to do the 'cafe' role play game :cutie: .

That hotel looks lovely-who knows maybe one day we will get to stay there.
How 'cool' does your hubby+boys look :cool2: :thumbsup2 .
Great decs+it looks so empty.x.

I hope you do stay there one day, perhaps when your little girls are older and more into Universal/Islands.:) Universal and Islands were tons quieter than in July though at a weekend they were busier. Disney just seemed slightly less busy than in July, I was expecting it to be a lot quieter.

fantastic pics love the big trees :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thanks, as you have probably gathered I loved all the big Christmas, little Christmas trees, Christmas decorations, anything festive I loved it.:rotfl:

I hope you do stay there one day, perhaps when your little girls are older and more into Universal/Islands.:) Universal and Islands were tons quieter than in July though at a weekend they were busier. Disney just seemed slightly less busy than in July, I was expecting it to be a lot quieter.

Yes,it would be better when they are older.Dd7 loves Seuss Landing(so do i) and i am sure Dd3 wil do as well(she has'nt been to Florida yet).Dd7 is looking forward to riding Spiderman this year-were hoping Dd3 can get on as well.I love Uni+IOA even though i don't go on much,Hubby on the other hand goes on everything-IOA is his fave park over all others-he is a daredevil.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter