christmas vacation

dianemb

DIS Veteran
Booked a trip for December 4- 9. Can't wait never been there for Christmas. Will be staying a AKL. Have reservations for Breakfastasauros, MVMCP and the candle light processional with dinner in Canada. How is this time of year with crowds and weather? Also since this is a weekend need to find a catholic church. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Thanks alot.

The Poly has a Catholic mass on Sundays. I have gone and it is beautiful, and close by :) The weather is another story. Two years straight it was warm and we wore chorts, last year two nights we wore our winter coats (and I am from Massachusetts) It was very cold. Crowd wise, I would say it is uncrowded compared to Summer and Holidays, but it is not a ghost town. This year there is Mousefest, which is a gathering of a few WDW internet site in WDW. It might be a little more crowded,but I doubt hour long waits or anything like that.

You can get more info on things like weather and crowds on the wdwinfo.com site or on the Theme parks board.

Good luck and maybe I will see you there, I am there the 2 to the 7th :)

Last year when I was at WDW, they had discontinued the masses at Luau Cove, Polynesian Resort......so we had to head over to the Shrine near the outlets....I introduced myself to Father Hart, the pastor of that church and asked him why no more masses at WDW... He said to me that there were not enough priests to go around and therefore made the decision to bring them back to the Shrine..

If they have started them up again, that would be terrific..The church is called Mary Queen of the Universe, (407) 239-6600, 8300 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821... The schedule for masses are Saturday evening mass at 6:00pm and on Sundays, they are at 7:30, 9:30, and 11:30am... and then in the evening at 6:00...

It would make our lives easier if they brought them back to the Polynesian and maybe they have for the holidays.. It would be wise to call the Shrine during their office hours, I believe they are 9:00am to 5:00pm to make sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter