Christmas Twist

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Lindseynicole1999, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:34 PM.

1. Lindseynicole1999

Lindseynicole1999 Earning My Ears

https://www.curtaincallcostumes.com/bright-on-broadway

Ok, so I need your help. I’m an assistant to a 6-7 year olds jazz class. The theme of this year’s recital is “Winter Wonderland” and the song we’are using for that class is “Christmas Twist” by Si Cranstoun. I’m going to be on stage with the little girls, and I will need to wear something eye catching. There’s another assistant too, so we’re going to have to agree with something. What can I wear for that dance?

2. dotfurio

dotfurio DIS Veteran

When my kids did dance the instructors were off to the side, definitely not wearing anything eye catching. Are you actually part of the show?

3. Lindseynicole1999

Lindseynicole1999 Earning My Ears

Yes

4. NYCgrrl

NYCgrrl DIS Veteran

A costume with red and green. Orrrrrrrrr maybe red and silver.
    How about looking at the Rockettes' costumes during their holiday shows via you tube? Or or visiting the arts section of your local library for additional ideas?
    Always the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
    View some art collections for inspiration and break out of the mold.
    Life is too short.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 1:39 AM
  5. disykat

disykat DIS Veteran

I'd have the kids dress in bright eye catching costumes and have the assistants wear a single color with minor touches of color that match the kid's costuming. Like maybe all black with a vest or skirt that coordinates with what the kids have on.