Christmas Shopping?

Thank you! My son was actually born to Thunderstruck by AC/DC, so it's in his blood ;) He loves Rush, Queen...and on the way home from preschool today, a certain Led Zeppelin song came on the radio. 3 notes in, his little voice piped up from the backseat, "Ooh, Stairway..." I'm very proud!
When my kids were 9 and 10, I knew that we were going to go to Universal for Ivan's 11th birthday. George Thorogood was going to perform while we were there. My kids were signing along to One Bourbon, One Shot and One Beer and Bad to the Bone from the backseat. I made sure to keep playing the CD over and over so they'd know the music when they heard it live.

My son is the only one I shop for and I put his Amazon list together back in August because that’s when I had the downtime to do it. I’ve been keeping an eye on it since and slowly buying items when I see a price drop. I’ll give it until Black Friday and then buy up whatever’s still left on the list. I like to have as much of the Christmas “work” (shopping, wrapping, decorating, cooking) done by December 1st so I can relax and actually enjoy the holiday season.

In my mind, that all seems sane and normal. What makes me feel like a kook is that I went to Target yesterday and ended up buying next year’s Christmas pajamas. :o Including a pair for my as-yet-unborn-baby. :o:o There was a set that was really cute and my son loved them (because dinosaurs!) but they only had one pair and in a size that was way too big to fit him this winter. I grabbed them with the intention of holding onto them for next year, then went back and picked up the baby set that I had been admiring earlier because it conveniently coordinated with the other pair. I told my husband to keep his comments to himself and told my son he was going to be wearing dino pajamas next Christmas whether he still liked them or not.:crazy::laughing:

I love Christmas shopping, started 2 weeks ago!! I always hit day after Thanksgiving sales and cyber Monday is my BFF🤣.The earlier the better,☺️

I was chatting with my mom yesterday about ideas for DS1 and that turned into a shopping spree on amazon. I now have a few gifts for DS1, and a gift for SD9 purchased.

SD9 and I like to do those Ugears wooden puzzles of Disney vehicles. We did the carriage earlier this year and are almost finished with the trolley. I knew I was going to get the train for Christmas and the monorail for her birthday in April but I have trouble finding those now. I'm not sure if they are being discontinued or what but I found them both on Amazon and just went ahead and ordered them both as they were almost sold out.

DD13 is getting DiveQuest at EPCOT for her big gift, we are going down NYE. DH and I are planning a cruise for next fall and that will be our gift to each other so nothing to buy there. I think we are taking my parents to a wine pairing dinner at our favorite local restaurant. I need something for my DH's parents, SIL, my nieces, and a few more small things for DD13 and SD9. Probably a few books and I'm looking into a couple of subscription boxes for them. I'm actually looking at subscription boxes for my nieces also. We'll see what I land on.

Overall I am way ahead of where I usually am at this point and feeling very proud of myself. Now if I can just get everything wrapped in a timely manner, you know, BEFORE midnight on Christmas Eve.

. Two other things on our list are a dress-up astronaut helmet and a Rush t-shirt (he LOVES Rush now)
Wow, that's a cool kid!:) There are a small number of items stashed around the house but I wouldn't say the shopping has begun in earnest. It's nearing time to get going though.

I hate Christmas shopping. I try to get as much of it done online to avoid the stores and annoying people.
I don't mind the shopping, but I agree with you on the crowded stores and annoying people. The only worse time to shop is the day that the college kids move back. Everyone is at Target that day. I try to avoid it like the plague.

Wow most of you are really on the ball already! I just have one word block for each of my girls. Christmas will be a small budget this year. Today I will ask them what they would like .

Still haven't started yet! I usually leave it until the end of November/beginning of December.

I hate Christmas shopping. I try to get as much of it done online to avoid the stores and annoying people.
I hate it too! But mostly because I never know what to get people, and I don't like getting random things I can't use so I don't want to buy that for others. The only people I currently shop for are my kids, who are adults. So when youngest is home for Christmas I will get her something, if she wants something too big to take home on a plane, then it will have to be shipped. DS never wants anything, but I paid for his airfare to come home, so that may do for him. Oldest DD and her DH are hard, plus his birth day is in Dec so that means 2 things. I will have to rely on DD to give me some ideas.

My husband had unexpected back surgery last week and prior to that we were on vacation, I feel so behind this year. We just booked our flights and rental car to visit our families earlier today so that’s something, I guess.

We started Christmas shopping on our annual trip to North Conway. The grandkids are almost done. We have some things for the DSs and DDILs. I have some things for DH. It is a good start.

Nope. I really haven't even thought about it, I'm afraid.

Once I start, though, I'll get it done in a week. DD and I plan to Black Friday shop, and I'll be done shortly afterward. Frankly, my kids have gotten to the age/point that I'd just as soon give them cash. Sigh and bah, humbug.

I started mine a few weeks ago. Just picking up toys when there are special offers. I'll buy the main presents nearer Christmas when I know what to buy. Only problem is I need to find more storage for all the things I am buying.

Nope. I really haven't even thought about it, I'm afraid.

Once I start, though, I'll get it done in a week. DD and I plan to Black Friday shop, and I'll be done shortly afterward. Frankly, my kids have gotten to the age/point that I'd just as soon give them cash. Sigh and bah, humbug.
I told DH a few days ago that if I have my way, we'll give the kids pajamas (a yearly tradition) and cash instead of gifts. :confused3

I have picked up a few things for my daughter, small stuff I found at TJMaxx that I know if I waited it would be gone.

I am hoping my extended family will want to do what we did last year, donate to charities for each other. We are fortunate, I'd rather give to someone in need. The fun is in picking what charity, last year we did local foodbank and Ronald McDonald House.

I usually start late September and try to be done by November... Haven't even started at all this year yet, way behind for a number of reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter