OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Count us in!!! We will be there from Dec 4 - Dec 9, staying at the Candy Cane Inn. We are so excited to be going back again at Christmas time. Last time we were there at Christmas time was 2013. Christmas time is our absolute favorite time to go to Disneyland. It is even more magical (if that is possible!). So excited! :santa::yay:

Have not given NYE much thought yet as to which park... your thoughts? I have DS13 and DS5 by then!
I have flipped back and forth so many times between the parks. I booked this trip with the thought of" I want to be in DL on NYE". But the fireworks are less likely to be cancelled in DCA and I have never seen fireworks there. I have read that DCA is more fun and upbeat which would be great for DD who will be 16. I would love to hear from those who have been in the parks on NYE.

I have flipped back and forth so many times between the parks. I booked this trip with the thought of" I want to be in DL on NYE". But the fireworks are less likely to be cancelled in DCA and I have never seen fireworks there. I have read that DCA is more fun and upbeat which would be great for DD who will be 16. I would love to hear from those who have been in the parks on NYE.

I was leaning toward DL with the same thought of wanting to be there for NYE but after reading older posts, I am questioning if that is a good idea! o_O Hopefully someone else will offer their thoughts!

I was leaning toward DL with the same thought of wanting to be there for NYE but after reading older posts, I am questioning if that is a good idea! o_O Hopefully someone else will offer their thoughts!

DD (15) and I were at DCA for NYE 2015, we originally planned to be in DL but decided that DCA's atmosphere would be more fun. We had the best time, we had dinner reservations at Ariel's and got to watch WOC from there. Afterwards, it was walk ons for many rides, we couldn't figure out where everyone was. Fireworks were awesome - we watched from the back of WOC, in front of King Triton's Carousel. The fireworks were above us and the music was playing and it was more of a party atmosphere. Then, we stayed for another WOC showing. We also got hats and party favors. The fireworks did not go off at DL at midnight due to the wind but we did see some when they set them off earlier (around 9 pm - not sure if this was for tv or what). DD wants to go back for NYE at DCA one day, it was one of our best NYE. :-)

DD (15) and I were at DCA for NYE 2015, we originally planned to be in DL but decided that DCA's atmosphere would be more fun. We had the best time, we had dinner reservations at Ariel's and got to watch WOC from there. Afterwards, it was walk ons for many rides, we couldn't figure out where everyone was. Fireworks were awesome - we watched from the back of WOC, in front of King Triton's Carousel. The fireworks were above us and the music was playing and it was more of a party atmosphere. Then, we stayed for another WOC showing. We also got hats and party favors. The fireworks did not go off at DL at midnight due to the wind but we did see some when they set them off earlier (around 9 pm - not sure if this was for tv or what). DD wants to go back for NYE at DCA one day, it was one of our best NYE. :-)
Thank you for your reply. I think we will do DCA!

@Susie63 thank you for starting this thread.

I'm joining in ..... I won a trip for 4 for 3 days !!!! Contest win included flights, ground transportation, Resort stay and Park tickets !

Feel free to add us to list !

We're going Nov 30th - Dec 3rd. I extended our stay to an extra day.
We are booked for Flights, ground Transportation to and from the airport. Staying at Disney's Grand Californian ! I'm taking my 2 GDD's (10 & 8 yrs old), plus my son & DIL.

°o° We're so excited !!!

@Susie63 thank you for starting this thread.

I'm joining in ..... I won a trip for 4 for 3 days !!!! Contest win included flights, ground transportation, Resort stay and Park tickets !

Feel free to add us to list !

We're going Nov 30th - Dec 3rd. I extended our stay to an extra day.
We are booked for Flights, ground Transportation to and from the airport. Staying at Disney's Grand Californian ! I'm taking my 2 GDD's (10 & 8 yrs old), plus my son & DIL.

°o° We're so excited !!!
Seriously!!! That's amazing! Congratulations....and welcome to the thread!:welcome:

Thank you so much for the insight...sounds like DCA is the better choice!

Hello! Celebrating my 50th by visiting December 11th-15th. This is our second trip to DL. We'll be staying at GCH.

We celebrated my 50th birthday in December 2014 for our first trip. We stayed at PPH and were upgraded to a theme park view room. It was a great birthday trip. Have a great time.

We are going December 2nd through 14th. I'll be flying in from Michigan & my mom will be flying down from Sacramento for the trip. This will be my first time doing a Christmastime visit at Disneyland since 1984 (when it was definitely much less decorated!), can't wait to see the parks in their full holiday glory. I did Halloweentime the past two years, but decided to switch things up and do a Christmas trip this year. It should be fun!

~Meg

We are going Dec 29th-Jan 1st. We have been to DW a couple of times over the holidays, this is our first DL trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter