Christmas Home Decor 2018

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Hey my Disney community can you all share with me how you decorate your home.

We always decorate the home right after thanksgiving as a family tradition!

Sorry for the incomplete tree as theirs a debate in the house for white or colored lights this year...

Anyone wanna share theirs too? Love to see!

aHJ2bRs.jpg

sQX53ZD.jpg

y74ylXM.jpg

Love it!!! Looks really sharp. Our house isn't finished yet, but I'll get some pictures when it is. We go way over the top, pretty much every room has Xmas stuff in it. When we're done, we'll have 8 trees up (6 fake, 2 real). In our family room alone, we have: 12 Santa "dolls", 11 nutcrackers, 5 signs, 6 pictures and other small things.

Finishing the outside of the house today and tomorrow. I have 3 Mickey heads in the display and a 12' Mickey blow up, among other things.

Finishing up inside today. Left lots of things in the boxes this year due to DGS 21 months.
Outside has the lights up but nothing else will go up until we get back from WDW.....the 15th! Late for us on that, but I hate leaving all the things out when we aren't home.

Love it!!! Looks really sharp. Our house isn't finished yet, but I'll get some pictures when it is. We go way over the top, pretty much every room has Xmas stuff in it. When we're done, we'll have 8 trees up (6 fake, 2 real). In our family room alone, we have: 12 Santa "dolls", 11 nutcrackers, 5 signs, 6 pictures and other small things.

Finishing the outside of the house today and tomorrow. I have 3 Mickey heads in the display and a 12' Mickey blow up, among other things.

Please put photos up

We're very low key. I replace some knickknacks with Christmas decor, put out the manger scene, replace one of the pictures on the wall with a large Christmas cross stitch I made about 16 years ago, put up and decorate one tree, and use Christmas mugs, potholders, dishtowels, etc. We used to do Christmas lights on the house, but now we just do some lighted trees outside. We're getting very lazy!

We're still in the middle of decorating. The Christmas village is on the ping pong table, the tree is up, the stockings are hung. But the reading nook, which gets a lighted garland and the fancy homemade ornaments, looks sad and needs a re-do.

We've done nothing outside, but DH is away hunting this weekend. On the good side, he bagged 2 deer, so we'll be eating venison all winter.

Our tree is fully decorated, but it's nothing you're going to see in House Beautiful.We have ornaments from our travels, from the kids' various schools, special ornaments for each child based on their interests, jangly, unbreakable ones at the bottom for the kittens to play with, etc. It's very meaningful to us, and we cherish each ornament, but it won't be winning any decorating awards any time soon.

Our tree is fully decorated, but it's nothing you're going to see in House Beautiful.We have ornaments from our travels, from the kids' various schools, special ornaments for each child based on their interests, jangly, unbreakable ones at the bottom for the kittens to play with, etc. It's very meaningful to us, and we cherish each ornament, but it won't be winning any decorating awards any time soon.

Just the kind of tree I love!

Ours isn't up yet, but I have most of the indoor non-tree stuff done. Hoping to do outdoor lights later today.

Still a work in progress - we had some issues with our large living room tree (sent it to Goodwill and now have a real tree in its place...and it's crooked. But I put 1,000 lights and the majority of ornaments on it already so it's just going to stay crooked!!). Have my fresh garland on the fireplace mantle but the bottom hearth area is not decorated yet.

Going to get another real tree for the dining room today, it's decorated with only cardinal bird ornaments with berry and pinecone floral picks. Bought a new fake tree for the kitchen area (we had the other for ten years and it was the kind where you have to put in each branch individually - I was ready for a quick set tree there!) - it's decorated with colorful lights and all of our fun ornaments.

Here are some from last year with our old trees:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89161658@N04/

It will look pretty different this year once it's finished.

276E8DFB-DC46-416F-A853-75AB766B3C52.jpeg 6BF7B741-326F-41D7-A361-9B40458B25D5.jpeg 0691A3DF-0F8B-4799-8669-65F4A4999EDF.jpeg Everyone’s Christmas decor is so beautiful. Due to 3 moves and downsizing we have a tiny apt space so I opted for a 7’5” unlit pencil tree 2 years ago. I love it so much. Plus after 15 years of multicolored themed Christmases decided to go back to traditional colors. Kept our keepsake ornaments. It’s a little bare right now as we’ve been rebuilding decor and ornaments over the past 2 years. The teens picked the family stockings. DS (15) helped me decorate the tree and put up the snowflake and snow window clings.

Tree is up, but still naked. Here are a few of my favorite decorations

Some of my Nutcracker collection including my newest Hatbox Ghost and Bride
IMG_5526.jpg

My Rudolf and the Misfit Toys collection
IMG_5529.JPG

My dining room with my Swedish paper star
IMG_5530.JPG

and lastly my Sugar Plum Fairy wreath that I made out of my daughter's pointe shoes

IMG_5533.JPG

Please put photos up

I definitely will, but it may be Wed before I get time. We did a "test run" of the outside show last night. Have a few kinks to work out but looks good as a whole. Here is a picture of one section outside of our house from 2015 or 2016...this year looks fairly similar. It's hard to capture all the lights on at once, because many of them are blinking off and on to the music, so they're rarely all on at once. Here are also a few pictures of the storage room in my basement where we keep a lot of our Xmas stuff. This isn't all of it, we have other stuff kept in a big area under the basement stairs. One stack is Halloween stuff and there are a few Easter things, but everything else is Xmas stuff.....

2015 Xmas5.JPG Xmas lights1.jpg Xmas lights2.jpg

Tree is up, but still naked. Here are a few of my favorite decorations

Some of my Nutcracker collection including my newest Hatbox Ghost and Bride
View attachment 366850

My Rudolf and the Misfit Toys collection
View attachment 366851

My dining room with my Swedish paper star
View attachment 366853

and lastly my Sugar Plum Fairy wreath that I made out of my daughter's pointe shoes

View attachment 366854

I love the toys hanging from the stairs. Where did you get those?

All the photos are lovely.

Each year I’m putting up less and less Christmas decor. It’s getting to be too much work in my old age. My library has a decor exchange in early December and I give some away every year. Hopefully someone finds a good use for my discards. It’s all still good stuff, no junk.

I never decorate before December starts. It probably won’t be until the weekend of the 8th and 9th this year.

Each year I’m putting up less and less Christmas decor. It’s getting to be too much work in my old age. My library has a decor exchange in early December and I give some away every year. Hopefully someone finds a good use for my discards. It’s all still good stuff, no junk.

That is such a great idea!! I have way too much as well, and barely dented it this year.

I never decorate before December starts. It probably won’t be until the weekend of the 8th and 9th this year.

I usually start on the house the weekend after Thanksgiving, but when we do a real tree, that's not until a couple of weeks before Christmas. (This year we did artificial, and switched where we put it, so it feels nice but slightly weird at the same time.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter