Christmas Eve/Day Meals

BabsBunny

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any suggestions for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day meals or know of special menus?

It's me, DH, and DS's 18 and 20. We are booked at AKV but have waitlisted BWV (not likely to come through from what I am told). I'd like to possibly visit Epcot Christmas Eve and skip the parks on Christmas Day.

I'm thinking possibly Via Napoli for Christmas Eve and just have a fun, relaxed dinner after wandering around WS. I've heard Citricos has had a special Christmas Day menu in the past. I think we'd like to do a signature for that day.

And another question... What happens if a park fills up and you have dinner reservations? Will they let you in when you arrive?

TIA.

CHRISTMAS EVE SPECIAL DINING MEAL:
. . . Citrico's
. . . Flying
. . . Victoria and Albert's

CHRISTMAS DAY SPECIAL DINING MEAL:
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Biergarten Lunch and Dinner
. . . Boatwright's Dining Hall
. . . Captain's Grille Lunch and Dinner
. . . Citricos
. . . Flying Fish Cafe
. . . Fulton's Crab House
. . . Garden Grove (Swan)
. . . Grand Floridian Cafe
. . . Narcoossee's
. . . Olivia's
. . . Portobello Dinner
. . . Portobello Lunch
. . . The Wave Brunch
. . . Todd English's bluezoo
. . . Trail's End Dinner Buffet
. . . Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table

Thank you, TheListyScupper. ;) Have you eaten at any of these special dining events?

And another question... What happens if a park fills up and you have dinner reservations? Will they let you in when you arrive?

TIA.

That will depend on what level of closure it is (there are 4). I believe now those with confirmed ADRs get in up to level 3 closure, but at 4, no one gets in. We ate t Flying Fish for our Christmas meal, so no worries about park closures (we did not go to any park on Christmas Day).

By the way, there is only 1 in park restaurant on Rusty's list I think - Biergarten.

That will depend on what level of closure it is (there are 4). I believe now those with confirmed ADRs get in up to level 3 closure, but at 4, no one gets in. We ate t Flying Fish for our Christmas meal, so no worries about park closures (we did not go to any park on Christmas Day).

By the way, there is only 1 in park restaurant on Rusty's list I think - Biergarten.

Good point. I knew there was a reason I didn't want to visit the parks on Christmas Day. lol.

But I really would like to be in Epcot for Christmas Eve. Maybe we should have some food in the fridge just in case we need a back up plan.

Epcot is the best park to plan for on high-crowd days as they have a very high capacity. As far as I know they've never completely shut down due to crowds. It's usually just MK that closes.

DAK has closed for short periods before, but the park has lots of walkways that makes its capacity larger than many expect. Not sure on DHS, but I would assume it's similar.

CHRISTMAS EVE SPECIAL DINING MEAL:
. . . Citrico's
. . . Flying
. . . Victoria and Albert's

CHRISTMAS DAY SPECIAL DINING MEAL:
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Biergarten Lunch and Dinner
. . . Boatwright's Dining Hall
. . . Captain's Grille Lunch and Dinner
. . . Citricos
. . . Flying Fish Cafe
. . . Fulton's Crab House
. . . Garden Grove (Swan)
. . . Grand Floridian Cafe
. . . Narcoossee's
. . . Olivia's
. . . Portobello Dinner
. . . Portobello Lunch
. . . The Wave Brunch
. . . Todd English's bluezoo
. . . Trail's End Dinner Buffet
. . . Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table

I don't see Whispering Canyon Cafe, has this been removed?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

This thread was started in June, prior to the 180 day booking window opening. What may possibly be available now will be very different than this list.

I would assume since it is not on Rusty's list, it does not offer a different, special menu on Christmas.

The best thing is to make a list of your choices in order of first choice, second, etc., and see what's available when you call to make the ADR.

We usually spend Christmas Day at Epcot. Yes, it's crowded, but as previously mentioned, Epcot handles crowds better then the other parks. We usually get there mid to late morning and the signs are up that the Magic Kingdom and often another or both other parks are full by then, but I have never seen Epcot fill up that early.

Thanks for the replies, we ate Christmas Day last year at WCC and they have always offered Christmas Day fixed menu. In a search saw the thread from June and knowing Rusty is always in the know thought WCC had a change for this year. Christmas dining options through Disney have not been officially posted so was looking for insight, may need to change our plans:)

Have you considered the CP package on Christmas day? We did that last year and it was fabulous! We are doing it for Christmas Eve this year. I booked Hoop Dee Doo for Christmas Day and I am hoping that it is a special show.

Have you considered the CP package on Christmas day? We did that last year and it was fabulous! We are doing it for Christmas Eve this year. I booked Hoop Dee Doo for Christmas Day and I am hoping that it is a special show.

I second the CP package. We did it year before last with dinner at Via Napoli. It also happened to be a family birthday and we had a large group and ate at the family table in the middle of the restaurant. It was the BEST Christmas dinner I've ever had, even though turkey wasn't on the menu. :) We did have birthday cake, though, and then went to the CP. Very moving and a wonderful end of the day. :)

Thanks everyone, we always do MK Christmas morning, watch the parade, then head out for a 2 pm ish Christmas dinner. If WCC if off the list we will go to Trails End Buffet, just got to get a ressie. We really have to have turkey and the works. Come on Disney release the list of special menus for the holiday's!!!!!

We have Via Napoli CP package booked for a different day. Can't wait, we love that place.

I have a res at WCC on Christmas night. When I log on to MDE, it has my res for WCC and it says "Christmas Day" at the end. I don't know if that means there is a special menu that day or not.

I have a res at WCC on Christmas night. When I log on to MDE, it has my res for WCC and it says "Christmas Day" at the end. I don't know if that means there is a special menu that day or not.

Neither my confirmation email or MDE mentions that day being Christmas:confused3. I went back and looked at my email from last years reservation and that didn't mention Christmas either, last year WCC served pre fixed Christmas day menu lunch and dinner.

I don't see Whispering Canyon Cafe, has this been removed?

1) As posted on the Buffet Prices sticky, WCC has finally added the Christmas meals.
2) They offer both eve and day.
3) There is no menu for Christmas Eve, but below is Christmas Day.

Whispering Canyon Cafe Christmas Offerings:
Fresh Field Greens tossed with Apples, Candied Pecans, Blue Cheese, and Cherry Vinaigrette
Smoked-house Breast of Turkey
Maple-glazed Ham
Hand-carved Oak-roasted Beef Strip Loin
Traditional Stuffing
Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Giblet Gravy
Seasonal Vegetables
Cranberry Relish
Cornbread
Holiday Dessert

1) As posted on the Buffet Prices sticky, WCC has finally added the Christmas meals.
2) They offer both eve and day.
3) There is no menu for Christmas Eve, but below is Christmas Day.

Whispering Canyon Cafe Christmas Offerings:
Fresh Field Greens tossed with Apples, Candied Pecans, Blue Cheese, and Cherry Vinaigrette
Smoked-house Breast of Turkey
Maple-glazed Ham
Hand-carved Oak-roasted Beef Strip Loin
Traditional Stuffing
Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Giblet Gravy
Seasonal Vegetables
Cranberry Relish
Cornbread
Holiday Dessert

You are the BOMB!!!! Thank you so much:)

Also, thanks Rusty for the sticky info, didn't even know that existed:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter