Christmas decorations at the resorts

anhower

Mouseketeer
I know it's only January and Christmas just ended, but I'm trying to plan a vacation for November and I've never been to WDW for the Christmas season :goodvibes My husband's birthday is November 22nd and this year it falls the week before Thanksgiving. We're planning on going from the 16th-23rd to celebrate, and I'm wondering if we'll get to see many Christmas decorations at the resorts? With Thanksgiving being later this year would they push back the decorating a week? I read that the MK tree won't be up because they wait to put it up until after the parade is taped, but what I really want to see are the resort decorations (mainly that amazing gingerbread house)!

TIA!

The decorations start going up almost right after Halloween. The first MVMCP was on Nov 9th and most of the MK decorations were up at any rate. The resort decorations were a bit slower but by mid November it was looking pretty festive. :)

Thank you! I'm really excited to see WDW for Christmas and I'm hoping that most of it will be done. Of course, if it's not, that would give me an excuse to go back next year in December... :)

Resort decorations can sometimes take up to the week before Thanksgiving to go up. We go in Nov and we usually come back in Dec to see the resort decorations. One time they were putting up the decorations at WL the Friday before Thanksgiving.

We were there the week before Thanksgiving in 2011 and the week after Thanksgiving last year. On both trips the gingerbread house was up and running. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts