Christmas Decorations at the campsites

summerskye

Ears Earned, What's Next
We have a trip planned for Nov 15-25. We are doing the HDDR on the 16th. We have reserved a golf cart to go explore after the show. Will it be too early for decorations at the campsites. We have read so much about the decorations and hope to be able to enjoy. Any thoughts?

There will be plenty of decorations at that time. Enjoy!

Is the golf cart the best way to see the lights. I thought I also saw people talking about walking or doing the sleigh ride.

Is the golf cart the best way to see the lights. I thought I also saw people talking about walking or doing the sleigh ride.

Yes, the golf cart option is your best route to go for your maximum Christmas viewing. Sure you can also walk and the sleigh ride too, but you can cover so many more loops with a golf cart.

There will be plenty of decorations at that time. Enjoy!

Yes, the golf cart option is your best route to go for your maximum Christmas viewing. Sure you can also walk and the sleigh ride too, but you can cover so many more loops with a golf cart.

Being unfamiliar with the area, are there certain "loops" that have more to see. I would guess that campsites/RV areas would be better than the cabin area. But, I could be wrong. Is there any sort of map? Last thing I need to do is get the family lost in the woods...:confused3

There is 1 main road that makes a complete circle with loops off it. You won't get lost, for too long. :) 1600, usually has 2 great set ups. 400 and close to the marina area usually have the most. But there are some throughout the whole campground. Check out post #8 for a map.....

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/

Thanks. I copied the map to my Disney folder. I have another question. The evening of our visit is a MVMCP. We are going to do MK in the morning, then head over for HDDR. We plan on doing the golf cart tour after the show. I have seen a couple of pictures/videos of the MK fireworks from the beach area near the boat dock. In your opinion, would this be a good option or should we try to go somewhere like the beach at the poly? Thanks

First of all, you're not going to get lost in the woods ;)

Yes, the campsites will have more decorations than cabins. People typically stay about a week in the cabins and the campsites have campers that stay months! The tent loops 1500 & 2000 will have minimal decor.

I would allow for a couple hours to tour the sites if your schedule allows. Im going to suggest to stay and watch the fireworks from the beach. After all, your coming over for the HDR and cart tour....stay for the fireworks too! Although, I'm confused that it's the same night as your MVMCP? How are you going to do the night at MK and over to the Fort? I'm confused somewhere...

First of all, you're not going to get lost in the woods ;)

Yes, the campsites will have more decorations than cabins. People typically stay about a week in the cabins and the campsites have campers that stay months! The tent loops 1500 & 2000 will have minimal decor.

I would allow for a couple hours to tour the sites if your schedule allows. Im going to suggest to stay and watch the fireworks from the beach. After all, your coming over for the HDR and cart tour....stay for the fireworks too! Although, I'm confused that it's the same night as your MVMCP? How are you going to do the night at MK and over to the Fort? I'm confused somewhere...

Sorry to confuse. I was just making comment that that night was a MVMCP night. It looks like the Wishes fireworks will be at 10pm. We have a 4pm ressie at HDDR so we will have lots of time to cart tour. Since we will have like 4hrs, any other ideas besides the cart tour? I think it will be nice to watch from the beach, then return the cart back at the entrance. Then we could just uber/lyft back to the BWV.

Even though you have a saved digital map, I would step inside and pick up a tangible map when picking up your cart. Seeing that your ressie is 4 pm, you’ll have time to explore some loops in the daylight on your way down to the HDR. Where you pick up the cart to where you will dine will have you make a full drive from one end to another. That will allow time to get your bearings. After dinner and until the fireworks start at ten will provide plenty of time to not only explore every loop, you can also squeeze in a little Chip n Dale sing a long and campfire time. There are two stores at the Fort, Meadows and Trading Post. They are also worth a visit. I’m a sucker for all things camp stores related (fort wilderness and any camp store). There is also a water parade after the fireworks if your up for staying that late.

Great idea on the Uber or Minni Van getting back.

So has anyone been recently, or there now that can confirm if the 1600 loop is done up for this year, walk through? Or a recommendation for a good loop or 2. Going to be heading over there for a walk around to see the decorations. Thanks!

Last edited:
So has anyone been recently, or there now that can confirm if the 1600 loop is done up for this year, walk through? Or a recommendation for a good loop or 2. Going to be heading over there for a walk around to see the decorations. Thanks!

1600 site is up since Thanksgiving. i would expect it to be up when i return in Jan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter