Christmas decorating ideas for hotel room??

VickiHD

DIS Veteran
We're tossing around the idea to be at DL for Christmas Eve-Christmas and we will not be staying on property so I need some creative idea to make a basic hotel room feel more "Christmas", especially for Christmas Eve. Any suggestions ??? Thanks
Hopefully DL will have let us renew our Dream Keys by then.

I got a tiny pre lit tabletop tree, and we used magnetic hooks on the door to hold stockings when we went at Christmas one year. We did not stay on site so you would have to check what the doors are made of where you are staying.

Nothing better than the twinkling of tiny tree lights when you wake up in the morning.

We also used a tiny pre lit and decorated tree. Inexpensive on Amazon. Also, we put presents in Giant stocking from the dollar store.

My friends and I made a paper tree that we clipped to a wall one year we were away from home for the holidays and I've seen some really nice 3D ones too. You could have a whole afternoon activity there making paper decorations and stuff. There are tons of tutorials online for patterns and stuff. Could be really cute if you have kids (or really anyone) that like crafts in your group.

We always buy ornaments at the store on main street. Have a small pre-lit tree (4 ft) shipped from Amazon and decorate it on Christmas Eve with your new Disney ornaments.

Bring along Christmas-themed disposables from Target or the dollar store... i.e. tablecloth, paper products, etc. Use command hooks for stockings and dollar store garland to frame the doorways. Easy peasy.

Buy a couple sets of cheap Christmas pillowcases and put them on the top pillows on the beds.

We bought the cutest cardboard tree one year for Christmas in July. I also bought ornament stickers so the kids could decorate the tree. In the morning the presents were under the cardboard tree, it looked great. It folds up flat, so I guess bringing it with you will depend on the size of your luggage. Stockings and garland are a great idea, and christmas lights would look adorable. Christmas paper plates and cups. Maybe a Christmas pillow case for the beds. Christmas PJs. I bet you could find lots of inexpensive and cute decorations at the dollar store.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002BZW000/ref=twister_B0792TCPGG?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Agree on the prelit small tree from Amazon. We stayed at the boardwalk one year for Christmas Eve and Christmas and ordered a $50 4-foot prelit tree straight to the hotel. Liked it so much we brought it back home with us.

The 3M command hooks also with well for hanging stuff and come down without any fuss or damage.

What about those blowup Christmas trees one usually puts in the yard? Christmas stockings from the desk/table using the regular mantle hangers. Make sure you get a “Santa key” as you won’t have a chimney.

What about those blowup Christmas trees one usually puts in the yard? Christmas stockings from the desk/table using the regular mantle hangers. Make sure you get a “Santa key” as you won’t have a chimney.
What's a Santa key? I've never heard of that but it sounds neat.

It is just an old fashion style key (craft store) with a tag/ribbon marked “Santa Key”. We have left it on the front porch for Santa to use. I suppose since staying at a hotel, one could either leave it at the front desk or by the room door. Since there is no chimney, how else is Santa going to get in?

When we drive, we bring our tree from home (6 foot), along with the ornaments, and decorate to get that "back home" feeling. Lights are a really good way to go.

If you're flying, then as others have stated, Amazon tree. If you don't want to take it home with you after the fact, then gift it to someone, to bring a little holiday cheer to another family, or even the front desk of where you're staying.

One of our traditions for EVERY vacation, is to buy an ornament anywhere we travel (we usually buy more than 1). It helps bring back alot of memories when we decorate the tree every year. But then again, we're a bit on the excessive side....we also have a black Halloween tree that we put up every year. Same scenario. This year, we're driving, to OBB, so the Halloween tree will be loaded up.

Like many others, we have our small prelit tree (we do Christmas at Disneyland each year), I usually have something delivered from Lynch creek for a table, and we have out lights!!!! Stockings get hung, or laid under the tree. We enjoy our Christmas!

It has always been my wish to do Christmas and New Years at DLR. I would totally take my Charlie Brown Tree at a minimum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter