Christmas Crowds....Am I going to be miserable?

I think your ability to enjoy the trip depends a lot on the type of person you are. Some thrive on the energy of big crowds. Some are bothered by big crowds, and it causes them great anxiety.

I suggest thinking long and hard about which type you are. If you are the second type, just go a couple weeks before Christmas. You'll have a great time with lower crowds and still get to enjoy that awesome Christmas atmosphere (along with MVMCP).

:thumbsup2

We have a surprise trip for our kids booked for Dec 18-22 2013. We are buying MVMCP tickets to make sure we get all of MK done and out of the way before the 21st. We are doing only DHS on the Saturday and then ending with AK on the 22nd because the other parks are going to be crazy by then. We plan on opening all parks except AK and using FP as much as possible. The kids or us have never been to WDW at x-mas and can't wait. I know it will be busy but I think going a few days before x-mas would be nothing compared to during x-mas and after!!! Have fun planning, I'am already:banana::banana:

We just got back from Dec 24-Jan 1 at the parks. Yes, it was crowded. But we got there most days at (ok, just after) rope drop (getting there at rope drop would have been better), and got tons done in the first few hours at every park. Yes, it was crowded by noon, some days it was massively crowded. We went back one evening to MK, after a very crowded day there, and the crowds had thinned to more tolerable levels, but half my family are not night people, so we planned our mornings and left when we were done for the day.
If you go with proper expectations, knowing there will be crowds, I think it'll be fine. Plan, have ADRs for any table service you may want to eat at, do "sightseeing" in the middle of the day. If you're there on New Year's eve, don't plan on doing any rides that day! It was clearly the busiest day of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!