Christmas at Epcot

dazedx3

DIS Veteran
I think I remember reading somewhere about special dining stands around the countries at Christmas time, can anyone give more details about this if it does exist? Is it similar to F&W, maybe just smaller? Maybe I am just wishful thinking.

HERE is a good little rundown from last year. We were there during that time and ended up missing most of the booths :sad: Just because of timing and stuff. The caramel kiss in Germany is DEEELICIOUS but the Fire Nog in the American Pavilion was not worth it.

Thank you, that is very helpful. I am getting so excited, never been at this time of the year.

I loved them too. I had eggnog and gingerbread in the USA pavilion. Had heard off but never tried, so new to me (well, USA gingerbread is different from ours, and I wanted to try eggnog so..." but they had lots of fun stuff

Does anyone know when this starts? We are going the last week of November. This is our first holiday visit and I didn't know those special booths existed. It's going to be a lot harder to make food decisions than I thought!

We have spent the last 7 years in Epcot on Christmas Day (and the two weeks leading up to it) and there are all sorts of Christmas offerings in each of the world showcase countries for you to try. It's an amazing place to be at Christmas, we'll see you there :santa: (is it too early for that emoji?)

Does anyone know when this starts? We are going the last week of November. This is our first holiday visit and I didn't know those special booths existed. It's going to be a lot harder to make food decisions than I thought!

Looks like last year it started on November 25

Looks like last year it started on November 25

All of the special Christmas things in Epcot ( Holidays Around the World with the storytellers, the food booths, the extra Christmas fireworks ending to Illuminations) all start the Friday AFTER Thanksgiving! Its my favorite time to go! We have gone 13 times in the last 15 years!!

We went last year and really enjoyed the booths. The one thing I did notice is that the portions were much larger than Food & Wine portions. While there are not nearly as many options as during F&W, we split most dishes just so we'd have room to taste more items!

I've noticed that a lot of the items are priced quite a bit more too. I kind of wish that they were more tapas sized, but it will still be enjoyable. Sharing isn't always an option for me because my husband is pretty picky when it comes to food choices.

I personally love Epcot during the Holidays. It has so much to do other than just rides. I enjoy the storytellers, the Candlelight Processional, and the little drinks and food associated with the holidays. The Holidays Around the World starts on Black Friday and goes until December 30th. The only thing I really miss from Epcot is the Lights of Winter arch from Future World to the World Showcase. I will be there over Christmas this year as well.

They have additional offerings that are unique to each country's holiday, but not many new booths and stands.

For instance, the Joy of Tea booth will feature Happy Face Cakes, a snack that is customary to China during their holiday. The existing booth in the USA pavilion will have gingerbread, etc. I think there's maybe ONE or TWO extra booths added to the World Showcase.

It's a very, very scaled down Food & Wine/Flower and Garden. In fact, you can spend a day at EPCOT and not even know it exists unless you look for it. There is some signage but it's not overly advertised. Also worth noting that the dishes are very different from F&W and Flower & Garden. They're pretty hefty portions and would count as a meal, whereas F&W and Flower and Garden are more "tastes".

I personally love Epcot during the Holidays. It has so much to do other than just rides. I enjoy the storytellers, the Candlelight Processional, and the little drinks and food associated with the holidays. The Holidays Around the World starts on Black Friday and goes until December 30th. The only thing I really miss from Epcot is the Lights of Winter arch from Future World to the World Showcase. I will be there over Christmas this year as well.

I'm not sure about the other booths, but the American holiday booth was open New Year's Eve. We ate turkey and dressing just before midnight. :)

All of the special Christmas things in Epcot ( Holidays Around the World with the storytellers, the food booths, the extra Christmas fireworks ending to Illuminations) all start the Friday AFTER Thanksgiving! Its my favorite time to go! We have gone 13 times in the last 15 years!!
I searched for this thread just for this particular question. Is it always the same Christmas fireworks (the ones with "Let there be peace on earth")? I have only seen that once and it was so beautiful I've wanted ever since then to take my wife to see it. (What can I say? I was on a dudes Disney trip when I saw it!)

I will be there November 11-20. Will there be any Christmas decorations or festivities going on during that time?

I searched for this thread just for this particular question. Is it always the same Christmas fireworks (the ones with "Let there be peace on earth")? I have only seen that once and it was so beautiful I've wanted ever since then to take my wife to see it. (What can I say? I was on a dudes Disney trip when I saw it!)

I have to admit I do mist up when they start singing that song. :sad1:

Wow..it sure has changed since I was last there during the Christmas season..looks like not too many dinner ADR this trip...we'Lloyd be dining at EPCOT..too many choices for just one niht..now i'my really keeping my fingers crossed we get our waitlist for BWV ... we always stay about BWV and tend to do evenings I EPCOT..couldn't get BW for our Dec trip so right now at SSR..either way..EPCOT is the place to be especially since one of my most favorite Disney things is the CP..thanks again for the info

I'm so excited for Christmas at Epcot too!!! I love the smaller scale of booths of food available and the larger portions! We are able to try them all and share to make sure we have enough room to try them all!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter