Christmas and toddlers!

Hedgehog

Earning My Ears
Hi there

i wanted to send this to the user who was going to DLP at CHRISTMAS with TWO TODDLERS but i couldn't find the thread.

We too are off to DLP at Christmas though before the big day.

We have booked for Tinkerbells dinner show in the Newport bay. It sounds fab, though it is expensive.

On the subject of toddlers, we have a two year old boy, who is now an old hand. In fact his first visit was when he was 3 months old!!
We have since been back twice, once at 12 months and once at 15 months, so i reckon we pretty much know how to do DLP with a little one.

The highlight for us We had thought he may be overawed by them but far from it. he adored them from the first glimpse of his hero Mickey.

We have found charcter dining is a better way to meet and greet than on the streets as the little man was in a high chair so he was on their level and there was no crowd. Also he is trapped so he can't run off after them.
The characters were FAB with him and obvoiusly seemed pleased to play with him. We even have a video of Chip and Dale sat down with us spoon feeding Jack.

The hotel have been great with us on each visit. We have always been given a room with a king size bed so there was lots of space, the cot provided was a really nice travel cot and they gave us nice sheets and towels for the child.

The high chairs are excellent and plenty are available in every restaurant, even fast food places. You always get a colouring book and crayons on the restuarants to keep them happy.

Take your own pram. the DLP ones are basic and it will be a long walk back to your hotel without!! We have always left ours unlocked at rides with no probs, but had a small bag with our valuables to carry with us. Even if your kids are older they will not walk all the way round, plus you get an easy way of carrying all the bags, coats etc.

The baby care centres are great. Plenty of space for feeding, changing, a microwave and bottle warmers. they also sell baby food and nappies etc, as do the hotel shops.

For parades and shows i would recommend takinga place early, so you are in a good position. Take something to keep tham occupied while you wait.

As regards the rides, the cast members are great at telling you what will be suitable or not for little ones.

Have a great time!!!!

If you have any more questions let me know.

Hedgehog

Fantastic info Hedgehog - thank you for this! My sons are older now but I have often thought that DLP at busy times might be too daunting with such young ones, particularly as it is less orderly meeting characters there, but you have proved that not only can it be done, but that they can enjoy it too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter