Christmas 2013???

Bertie9396

Mouseketeer
I wanna spend Christmas at Disney. Is that so wrong? My husband and his Dad say yes. My mother-in-law, daughter and I say no. LOL

We had a lively family debate while opening presents on Christmas Day.

LOL

I know the crowds are crazy but I'm sure its an event like no other. DD will be almost 9 then. Oh so tempting. If only I knew we would have the money....

I can see it both ways.

Yup, the week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest possible time to go. We've done it twice. If you can go the week or two before the 25th things will be much better, or go the first week of January. You can still catch the decorations/lights but it is a bit depressing to see them all slowly disappearing each night.

On our last Christmas trip in 2009, we arrived on the 20th. Things were getting busy but people were generally in a "jolly" mood. On the 24th it all changed. The new crowd was way bigger and not nice at all and you got a lot of "we drove 20 hours..." kind of things going on. For example a 10 (or so) year old melted down in line for the Lion King. Why? Because her Coke was gone.

So, if you do go (1) be at the parks for opening and head back to the resort for lunch and enjoy the resort for the afternoon and (2) go to evening EMH at the MK because after the fireworks the families with small kids leave and the crowds are a lot better (the last hour will probably have short lines and walk-ons).

Would I do it again? Probably!:)

Even if I won the Lotto Max you could never induce me to be in WDW during the Christmas/New Year period. For us, enjoyment in the parks is inversely proportional to the size of the crowds. I'd much rather go a month earlier or later.

Some year we will do it. Just to say we experienced it.

We've gone in February and March in the past and have lucked out for the crowds and weather. I haven't experienced that kind of chaos and really don't know how I'd deal.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter