Christine McCarthy confirms Disney Wish ship delayed

nmackovski

Earning My Ears
I was planning to celebrate my birthday on the Disney Wish in February 2022. Most likely the Disney Wish will not be ready.

Disney CFO Christine McCarthy revealed today that the debut of Disney Cruise Line’s new ship the Disney Wish has been delayed at this time.

During the presentation, McCarthy said the delay for the new cruise ships was due to supply chain issues the ships’ builder had been experiencing.

McCarthy didn’t have a new date for when the Disney Wish will be able to set sail, but confirmed it had been delayed.

McCarthy states that the cruise business will likely be the last of Disney's to resume both due to the health concerns but also the long booking times.

source: Laughing Place Newsdesk and Live Blog

cheers,
Nick

What do you suppose she means by "the long booking times" being a reason that cruises won't resume soon? Am dreading a situation where they do what they did for WDW dining reservations and say that because they can't control capacity and still honor everyone's bookings, they are going to cancel everyone's cruise reservations and make us all start over...

they are going to cancel everyone's cruise reservations and make us all start over...

That would be horrible. I guess that's incentive to PIF early. So far during all of this they've only auto refunded those that aren't PIF. If they go to trying to reduce capacity, I could see them offering incentives to those already booked to move their cruise. If not enough people take them up on the incentives and they do go to cancelling, I would think they would start the cancelling with those who haven't PIF'd.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a "pause" or gap between bookings, to allow them to deal with the impending cancellations, the fall out from the refunds and FCC's, it really is all in limbo, we're almost halfway through the month and there is no indication what the CDC is going to do concerning the No Sail Order.

Didn't we know this anyway? I mean true Disney had not officially said it, but Meyer Werft did (they were closed for 6 weeks, facing severe supply chain issues and said they will be limited to about 40% capacity for the next 1-2 years at a minimum and they had not really even started on the keel for the Wish yet), and there is no amount of Disney magic that is going to complete the ship before the people building it are done.

The important thing I get from it is that the Wish is not cancelled and is only suffering supply chain issues. I can live with that.

I wonder how long they'll make us wait for an announcement... actually I suppose more likely they just won't say anything until they have a new date in mind.

I wonder how long they'll make us wait for an announcement... actually I suppose more likely they just won't say anything until they have a new date in mind.

Probably.

This is disappointing. While I know that dates can be pushed back, it gives me hope that ships will start cruising again someday. :/

It's great news it sounds like they are still building all 3 new ships. I was worried ships 6 & 7 would get canceled.

It's great news it sounds like they are still building all 3 new ships. I was worried ships 6 & 7 would get canceled.
The amount of investment poured into the design and blueprints wouldn't justify building just one. That's why cruise lines have been selling/scrapping old ships but have hardly cancelled any new build on order.

....................... we're almost halfway through the month and there is no indication what the CDC is going to do concerning the No Sail Order.

Doesn't it work like >>>

"the longer the delay by CDC - the more PIF Dates arrive - the more $$$ NOW for cruise lines"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter