Christine & Andrew 09/03/09 WP/WHR, Guest photos

auntpunkin

Mouseketeer
I think it's time I begin...I've been reading everyone else's wedding plans for a couple of months now and thank you all for sharing, this is an extraordinary group of friends here!

ABOUT US:

I am Chris and my fiance is Andy. I met him while I was working and we have been together for a little over 5 years now. :love: :love:

I had never been to Disney World before I met Andy but his family is all about Disney. Before we even started dating Andy told me "Someday I'm going to take you to Disney World!" 5 years later we've been to Disney World 6 times and we leave in two weeks for our 7th! :banana:

I remember the 1st time I walked down main street. I was in AWE! Andy, who has been to Disney so many times he can't count, was dragging me by the hand to Space Mountain. He wanted to run, show me everything and ride everything but I was barely moving, just trying to believe what I was seeing.

THE ENGAGEMENT:

Andy can't keep a secret. He bought my engagement ring in December of 2006. We were going to a wedding in Key West, then over to Disney for a week in January and he planned to propose in Disney. I had no clue about the proposal. However, after having the ring less than 24 hours, he got on his knees and asked me. I was so shocked that he had to ask me if I was going to answer. I still couldn't speak, I just started hugging him. He finally got a "YES!" out of me though.

His whole family was in the other room, so he said, "Lets go tell them." They all knew what he was about to do so they were waiting. When we walked out, it was obvious from their faces that they knew. I ran up to Andy's mom and started hugging her and bawling. Then I couldn't stop crying! It's funny how you envision what you'll say and do, then it all falls apart when you get taken off guard.

I started planning right away, looking around here, in Michigan for where this wedding was going to take place. After several months of that I gave up; nothing felt 'right'. Then, in February of 2008, we went to Disney World. We were headed over to the Contemporary on the monorail for a dining reservation. We were over an hour early and just passing the Wedding Pavillion. I told Andy we should get off at the Grand Floridian and go look at the Wedding Pavillion, just to kill time.

In the GF I asked someone if the WP was open and could we go look. I was told it was locked but we could walk up to the gates and see from there. So we walked over. The gate was open ?? and nobody was around. So we walked up to the doors of the WP. We were peering in when Andy tried the door. It was also open so of course we went inside. OMG! That feeling they say you get when you try on the 'right' wedding dress, I had that inside the WP. I knew instantly that I was going to start the wedding planning again and I was getting married at Disney World.

I lost track of Andy for a couple moments and when I saw him, he was standing at the big window overlooking the castle. He turned toward me and I knew from the way he looked at me he was thinking the same thing. Later that night I heard him talking on the phone to his mother. Now, Andy is not sentimental, emotional or in any way 'touchy feely' but he is just spilling over to his mother about the WP. Of course she agreed because Walt Disney is considered a relative in their house.

OUR WEDDING:

We are getting married September 3, 2009 at the WP, with a reception in the Whitehall Room and a pre-reception on the patio. We think that we will have 50-60 guests.

I want to do a fall theme with deep burgundy, burnt orange and gold.

I have a long way to go in the planning and a million questions but I know I'm in the right place! :)

welcome and congrats.... looking forward to hearing more of your plans. Your color choices sound beautiful! Very Vibrant!:goodvibes

Welcome and congratulations!!!! :cheer2:

You're having the same wedding as me, well venues anyway.

You're definately in the right place for planning ideas and inspiration, I've got so many ideas off these boards.

Welcome and congratulations! Can't wait to see all your plans!

Your colour choices sound gorgeous!

Kayleigh x

Welcome to the boards and congratulations!! It sounds like you have beutiful colors in mind!!! Can't wait to hear more details!

OMG!!! Your story almost made me cry!! I can definitely relate w/ you. Jordan, my Fiance (and his family) are Disney experts, and I had never been. So your description of an AWE moment and him pulling you along was SO US!! He was patient though!
Our dates are close together, ours is 6-11-09, so we will have to keep one another sane :)
Congrats and happy planning!

I have not seen the inside of the wedding pavillion...besides pictures...I just imagine it taking your breath away. Is that how it feels?

Thanks everyone, for the warm welcomes! I'm so looking forward to sharing my plans!

A couple of months ago someone here told me that I didn't have to wait until the 1 year out mark to call DFTW's and get started. So I called and was assigned Stacey Meacham as a planner. She is super sweet! I emailed her telling her we were coming this year from Sept. 7-14, just for fun (anyone needing help with their room block during that time, let me know!!).

Our 'official' planning session isn't until April 2009. I asked Stacey if we would be able to look at the Whitehall Room while we were there next month so I could get some ideas. I'm really stuck on centerpieces and can't picture how my ideas would look in there. Stacey shocked me when she told me that she could look to see when someone was using the room and take us over there after it was decorated, but before the party arrived! I'm pretty excited about that. I'll make sure to take some photos! I'm meeting her at 1pm on Sept. 9th.

This is the centerpiece I'm considering...
centerpiece2-2.jpg

My concern is that they are REALLY big. I can make them myself so much cheaper than I'm sure Disney's price would be. But how to get them from Michigan to Florida without driving? Does anyone know about shipping items, can we ship them to Disney somewhere? Has anyone had Disney do a centerpiece like this?

I have not seen the inside of the wedding pavillion...besides pictures...I just imagine it taking your breath away. Is that how it feels?

I think it's one of those "Disney moments"....you can't really explain it and only Disney people 'get it'. My MOH would not have one of those moments, she does not understand why I go to Disney World so often....but I love her anyhow.

It felt like when you step off the monorail at the Magic Kingdon on the first day of your trip, you feel so excited and happy you could (and sometimes do) cry but add to it the most wonderful moment in your love life you can think of, like the moment he proposed. It was awesome! And I get to do it again in 2 weeks when we visit!

Definatley take some pics of the whitehall room dressed up, Im having the exact same concern! I just don't know what will match because I've never seen it and I just can't get an idea of the fel of the room, it looks kinda greeny coloured to me.

There is a nice pic on the disney website where they have some yellow roses, so thats the centerpiece i'm aiming for because I know it will go.

I can't wait until I see the wp for the first time (on my wedding day!)!!

Definatley take some pics of the whitehall room dressed up, Im having the exact same concern! I just don't know what will match because I've never seen it and I just can't get an idea of the fel of the room, it looks kinda greeny coloured to me.

There is a nice pic on the disney website where they have some yellow roses, so thats the centerpiece i'm aiming for because I know it will go.

I can't wait until I see the wp for the first time (on my wedding day!)!!

OMG! You're going to see the wp for the 1st time on your wedding?!? That will be an incredible moment! I couldn't do that....I'd stop walking and start bawling! Is there anything I can take photos of for you while I'm down there in Sept. just let me know, I'd be happy to help you out!! And I'll definately take a bunch of photos of the whitehall room!

Here's a couple I have now:
Whitehall_Patio.jpg

Whitehall_Patio_view.jpg

Whitehall_Room.jpg

WhitehallRoom-1.jpg

Whrp_with_5_rds.jpg

Awwww aren't you sweet!! :cutie:

I just wanted too see some more of it dresses up. The ones you just put on are really nice, I hadn't seen some of them.

On the last one, is that the dancefloor do you think?

And i'll probably stop and cry on my wedding day!!! :rotfl:

A really odd thing happened the other day....A gentleman had a medical problem while driving. His car hit a structure, then crashed into a parked car. The man's car was still in drive and he was out cold, foot still in the gas and all the doors locked. I broke out one of his windows and put the car in park. We got him some help and called his wife. After they got him loaded into the ambulance, I apologized to his wife for busting out the window. She understood completely and was thankful. Then she says she is going to leave her car and take his car to the hospital so that she can take it home afterward and lock it in the garage with it's broken window. She tells me that she will have to figure out how to pick up her car the next day. I offered to follow her home so she can put his car in the garage and then I would give her a ride back to her car so she can go to the hospital in that. On the way back to her car, she and I are talking away. She tells me about a recent trip they took to their condo in Daytona. I told her how I love Florida and we are getting married in Disney World next year. Then she tells me this....She says she and her husband own 450 Disney Vacation Club points, but they never use them...."Would you like to use them for your wedding?" :jumping1: :jumping1: ARE YOU KIDDING??!! Of course I pretty much come unglued,telling her I would be forever in her debt, etc, etc, but only if she really never uses them. She simply asks me if I want a one bedroom or two? I told her we would be thankful for whatever she could find. She asked me what dates I needed so she could call Disney. I tell her that we're probably going for 2 weeks and tell her 'anytime between this date and that'. She tells me, "Oh, we have enough points to get you two full weeks in a one bedroom condo." ARE YOU KIDDING? Now, I've known this woman for all of 1/2 hour and she has just given me my honeymoon!!!

Her husband ended up being fine...I'm the one still in shock!

I can't decide if I am more shocked that you were just given your two week honeymoon or that this poor couple actually has 450 DVC points each year that they never use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I have 420 and would never dream of letting any go to waste :scared:

Back to you though, that is the most AWESOME story I have heard in a very long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes :lovestruc :love: :cloud9: :wizard: :dance3: I am definitely dancing for you. I know you didn't do the good works in order to have payment but what a lovely thing for her to do for you...did she ask you which DVC you want?

You know, I don't remember, it seems like we were talking about Saratoga Springs. I think I was so shocked I forgot a lot of the details. It was funny, she was so excited to find someone to give those dang points to, she made it sound like I was doing her a favor by using them!! I will definately be sending her one heck of a nice gift directly from Disney World!

We've wanted to buy DVC...420 points, you are so lucky!! What is your home resort? I'm really looking forward to see what the new Contemporary DVC will be like!

Our home resort is Old Key West and we just LOVE having DVC!!!!!! :goodvibes If she hasn't made the ressie yet, ask her to have them put wedding and honeymoon at Disney on your reservation and also request a Downtown Disney view! We went on a second honeymoon in early August and stayed at SSR and the DTD view was soooo awesome! Its not guaranteed but you should at least ask for it :lovestruc

We may buy some points at Contemporary too - I have been working on hubby :rotfl:

I think it is. I'm not doing a dance floor, are you?

I think so, I know there won't be many off us but I think I would still like to dance. I'm not having a DJ though, Just the ipod set up with my own playlist.

Cool about the DVC points! You know, right place, right time.... :cool1:

A really odd thing happened the other day....A gentleman had a medical problem while driving. His car hit a structure, then crashed into a parked car. The man's car was still in drive and he was out cold, foot still in the gas and all the doors locked. I broke out one of his windows and put the car in park. We got him some help and called his wife. After they got him loaded into the ambulance, I apologized to his wife for busting out the window. She understood completely and was thankful. Then she says she is going to leave her car and take his car to the hospital so that she can take it home afterward and lock it in the garage with it's broken window. She tells me that she will have to figure out how to pick up her car the next day. I offered to follow her home so she can put his car in the garage and then I would give her a ride back to her car so she can go to the hospital in that. On the way back to her car, she and I are talking away. She tells me about a recent trip they took to their condo in Daytona. I told her how I love Florida and we are getting married in Disney World next year. Then she tells me this....She says she and her husband own 450 Disney Vacation Club points, but they never use them...."Would you like to use them for your wedding?" :jumping1: :jumping1: ARE YOU KIDDING??!! Of course I pretty much come unglued,telling her I would be forever in her debt, etc, etc, but only if she really never uses them. She simply asks me if I want a one bedroom or two? I told her we would be thankful for whatever she could find. She asked me what dates I needed so she could call Disney. I tell her that we're probably going for 2 weeks and tell her 'anytime between this date and that'. She tells me, "Oh, we have enough points to get you two full weeks in a one bedroom condo." ARE YOU KIDDING? Now, I've known this woman for all of 1/2 hour and she has just given me my honeymoon!!!

Her husband ended up being fine...I'm the one still in shock!

What an amazing story!! How generous of both of you!!!!!!! If you already get this much pixie dust before your wedding is even planned just imagine what it will be like when you do get married!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter